What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

I enjoyed reading this thread and I'll throw my sunhat into the ring:

Here's a 38 year old, fiscally responsible, professional single female, no kids, never married. She's spontaneous and social and has traveled through the USA and Europe, been on two cruises alone and booked a third.

Along the way she has kissed dolphins, swam with sharks, stingrays and manatee, drove a Lamborghini, sailed a catamaran, zipped lined, rock wall climbed, viewed world class museums, stood atop of a great waterfall, drove almost cross country, and danced late into the night. Unencumbered she's met fabulous people, ate bizarre food, and found herself.

I prefer to do what I want, when I want, as much or as little as I want.

The only drawback about not having a male partner is that Egypt, the UAE, and Israel are on my bucket list, and I don't think I'd chance going that alone.

This is an interesting thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I am yet to take my first solo cruise, but I will in January. I have traveled by myself before (all inclusive in Cancun and a month in Zambia).

My bio, I'm 34 and attached but my partner doesn't travel well due to anxiety (he wants to, but easier said than done). My biggest passions are art and design, delicious food and the pursuit of knowledge (I just love learning new things!).

I am excited about starting a solo cruising habit!

I enjoyed reading this thread and I'll throw my sunhat into the ring:

Here's a 38 year old, fiscally responsible, professional single female, no kids, never married. She's spontaneous and social and has traveled through the USA and Europe, been on two cruises alone and booked a third.

Along the way she has kissed dolphins, swam with sharks, stingrays and manatee, drove a Lamborghini, sailed a catamaran, zipped lined, rock wall climbed, viewed world class museums, stood atop of a great waterfall, drove almost cross country, and danced late into the night. Unencumbered she's met fabulous people, ate bizarre food, and found herself.

I prefer to do what I want, when I want, as much or as little as I want.

The only drawback about not having a male partner is that Egypt, the UAE, and Israel are on my bucket list, and I don't think I'd chance going that alone.

I think you may be right about the Arab Muslim countries but Israel is a modern country with Western values and it is quite alright for a woman to tour Israel on her own. Of course like any other country it has places where you should not be alone for safety's sake. There are several tours available and lots to see in the Holy Land. Keep it on your bucket list.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided to book a last minute cruise last week w/ BFF. BFFs mom took a fall now I'm cruising solo in July. Me, 43, single, no kids, love to cruise, love Disney World, love to do anything that involves getting on a plane and seeing something different. LOL!! I'm cruising on the Elation out of New Orleans. Charbroiled oysters and ACMEs shrimp po-boy here I come!!!

I'm excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. 2 MORE WEEKS!!

How did you like the Elation? I will be cruising on her in Nov. I am looking forward to visiting New Orleans as well (first time there and I'm a big Jazz Fan)

I just got divorced myself after a zillion cruises. It is very hard being alone and on Celebrity, although I have diamond with RCCL. I am a golfer in the northwest.

Hi all! I am 40 years old, recently divorced and love cruising. I use to do it with my mother, but she passed 11 years ago - then I got my huband into it..now divorced - I have no one - as most friends are married with kids or others just don't have the financial means to do it. I am ok by myself, But I am very social and outgoing. Is there a thread with cruises that "solo" or "single" cruisers say which cruises they are going on? There are single cruises out there that are hosted - but I am not thrilled about any of those. Thanks!! Annie

Where is your best source of looking for the best deals for solo cruises? I have signed up for email alerts from the cruise lines, but I'm not seeing anything special, and after years of great deals on HAL, I'm just not into paying double fares for just me. I have sailed RCI and am trying Carnival for the first time early in the fall. I know about VTG and they are helpful, but I just want to check for myself online sometimes without a phone call. I'm especially interested in the Partial Transit this year or next, as I've never done that one. I enjoy going with friends, but it's always a "time or money, money or time" situation for us all. I have cruised solo and enjoy it greatly. I meet more people, it seems, and can do all, or nothing, as the days come. I encourage people to do it!!

Where is your best source of looking for the best deals for solo cruises? I have signed up for email alerts from the cruise lines, but I'm not seeing anything special, and after years of great deals on HAL, I'm just not into paying double fares for just me. I have sailed RCI and am trying Carnival for the first time early in the fall. I know about VTG and they are helpful, but I just want to check for myself online sometimes without a phone call. I'm especially interested in the Partial Transit this year or next, as I've never done that one. I enjoy going with friends, but it's always a "time or money, money or time" situation for us all. I have cruised solo and enjoy it greatly. I meet more people, it seems, and can do all, or nothing, as the days come. I encourage people to do it!!

Hi, I have a same issue of paying double on a solo cruise. I just started solo cruise and notice NCL has studio room on EPIC and BREAKAWAY for solo cruiser. It is a small room but paying less then double on a inside cabin. But I would like to have more choices then only 2 cruise ships. Please share your solo cruise experience and tips. For I will take my first solo cruise to Bermuda with Breakaway on 9/22. Even I did 5 cruise before (but not alone), I figure knowledge is power. Thank you in advance.

Hi. Please do tell! I'm traveling solo on Carnival very soon.

I have been on Carnival, Costa & Celebrity. All solo and it's great going solo on any line. Carnival has always seated me with other solo cruisers in the MDR (late seating if you're over 18 and under 75). You WILL meet people but even if you are all by yourself, the shows, activities, cocktail lounges are things you can go to and enjoy alone.

Hi, I have a same issue of paying double on a solo cruise. I just started solo cruise and notice NCL has studio room on EPIC and BREAKAWAY for solo cruiser. It is a small room but paying less then double on a inside cabin. But I would like to have more choices then only 2 cruise ships...

Coming soon is one more...NCL's GETAWAY...brand new ship to be sailing Caribbean cruises from Miami....will also have the studio cabins for solos. :)

Coming soon is one more...NCL's GETAWAY...brand new ship to be sailing Caribbean cruises from Miami....will also have the studio cabins for solos. :)

RCI's Quantum of the Seas will also have studio cabins; I have one booked for April 2015 :D

I have checked it out and found the Quantum to be expensive. How's the price of the studios?

I got a studio balcony and it's $1,400, which I find reasonable. Funny enough though, I just booked a solo balcony on the Explorer for the exact itinerary for $500 less so we'll see what happens. I may get to final payment date and find it to be too much to spend, but for now, I had an NCC so I thought I'd hold a cabin.

Edited by Virtopia

I got a studio balcony and it's $1,400, which I find reasonable. Funny enough though, I just booked a solo balcony on the Explorer for the exact itinerary for $500 less so we'll see what happens. I may get to final payment date and find it to be too much to spend, but for now, I had an NCC so I thought I'd hold a cabin.

Hi, is there such a thing as solo balcony for $1400 or $500 less. This is news to me. I love to learn more. I pay NCL Breakaway for a small solo studio for 1170 plus tax (1340) for my Bermuda trip in 9/22. Need some help here to plan my 2014 cruise. Thank you in advance.

I have one month before I start work. I would like to do a round trip OV or above on the Millie with Celebrity or RCL. Does anyone want to go??:)

Have you concidered the Millenium's coastal leaving YVR on September 13th going to San Diego? The prices are excellent right now! I've cruised AK so many times, and although beautiful, I'm ready for something new. The coastal sounds fun...and the easy flights before and after is a bonus.

I'll look it up tonight. I'll go with you if you want to go. Better get cruise insurance on the Millie because she is currently "stuck" in AK.

Engine problems.:eek:

Have you concidered the Millenium's coastal leaving YVR on September 13th going to San Diego? The prices are excellent right now! I've cruised AK so many times, and although beautiful, I'm ready for something new. The coastal sounds fun...and the easy flights before and after is a bonus.