What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

Decided to book a last minute cruise last week w/ BFF. BFFs mom took a fall now I'm cruising solo in July. Me, 43, single, no kids, love to cruise, love Disney World, love to do anything that involves getting on a plane and seeing something different. LOL!! I'm cruising on the Elation out of New Orleans. Charbroiled oysters and ACMEs shrimp po-boy here I come!!!

I'm excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. 2 MORE WEEKS!!

sounds fun ! My first two cruises were from New Orleans.

6 more days!!! YIPPEEE!! I decided to get a head start on my drive to NOLA. I'm leaving Wednesday evening and driving to Alexandria by night fall. Get up Thursday and have a nice drive the rest of the way.

I was an active Cruise Critic member (and cruiser) until my husband was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in June 2012; he passed away two months ago today. I happened on this board and now you guys have me thinking about trying a solo cruise. Thanks!

I was an active Cruise Critic member (and cruiser) until my husband was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in June 2012; he passed away two months ago today. I happened on this board and now you guys have me thinking about trying a solo cruise. Thanks!

Oh my goodness....I am so sorry:( sending you all my heartfelt

wishes and sympathies........

Edited by Lois R

Thank you, Lois (that's my sister's name too). It was a long hard year and he would want me to get out and start having fun!

Hi Podie......I live in Jacksonville and chat on a thread with a bunch

of other Floridians.......(we have been chatting on here for years).

Here is a link...come say hello. We are actually going on a 3 night

cruise together in Sept on Enchantment of The Seas....you are more

than welcome to join us:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442008

You have my condolences :(

Podie, So sorry to hear of your loss. Neil

I'm sorry for your loss. I have found the people on this forum to be so kind and welcoming. Wishing you the best!

Hi all! I am 40 years old, recently divorced and love cruising. I use to do it with my mother, but she passed 11 years ago - then I got my huband into it..now divorced - I have no one - as most friends are married with kids or others just don't have the financial means to do it. I am ok by myself, But I am very social and outgoing. Is there a thread with cruises that "solo" or "single" cruisers say which cruises they are going on? There are single cruises out there that are hosted - but I am not thrilled about any of those. Thanks!! Annie

Hi all! I am 40 years old, recently divorced and love cruising. I use to do it with my mother, but she passed 11 years ago - then I got my huband into it..now divorced - I have no one - as most friends are married with kids or others just don't have the financial means to do it. I am ok by myself, But I am very social and outgoing. Is there a thread with cruises that "solo" or "single" cruisers say which cruises they are going on? There are single cruises out there that are hosted - but I am not thrilled about any of those. Thanks!! Annie

I am also recently divorced (about 1 year) and alone again. Similar to your situation, I love cruise and will not allow my life changes to impact my passion. I research a lot regarding cruising alone. After all the researching, it is my understanding that SOLO Cruising is not the same as SINGLE Cruising. Solo Cruise means single cruise travelers that love to cruise but not into (at least not focus) meeting someone for relationships. Single Cruising means single travelers that love to cruise but also wants to meet someone for relationship. The later usually hosted by some Single Cruise TA (VTG is a prime example). NCL currently has cruise ships (EPIC and BREAKAWAY, GETAWAY in 2014) that provide SOLO cabin (Studio). It also has a special lounge just for the Studio cabin travelers to meet. I have never on any of these ship but I am scheduled to take the BERMUDA cruise with BREAKAWAY in September. I hope this information helps.

Hi Annie, I have been part of Cruise Critic for 10 years now and

the best suggestion I can give you is to just start a thread with

the question you are asking:)

I am going on Summit to Bermuda next month, solo of course:D

(it is the only way I cruise).

I am quite outgoing as well and have been cruising solo for 10

years.:D

Hi Annie, People on this thread (Solo Cruising) often say when and where they are cruising next but that is sort of "hit and miss" and there are the Cruise Critic Roll Calls but is mostly couples and families. Perhaps we should start a new thread where solo cruisers can have their own Roll Call. Solo cruisers can share their next planned cruise and others can see which upcoming cruises have other Cruise Critic Solo Cruisers on board. What do others think of this idea?

Hi Annie, People on this thread (Solo Cruising) often say when and where they are cruising next but that is sort of "hit and miss" and there are the Cruise Critic Roll Calls but is mostly couples and families. Perhaps we should start a new thread where solo cruisers can have their own Roll Call. Solo cruisers can share their next planned cruise and others can see which upcoming cruises have other Cruise Critic Solo Cruisers on board. What do others think of this idea?

A separate roll calls for solo cruisers is a great idea.

A separate roll calls for solo cruisers is a great idea.

Let's Do It. I will get it started. I will start a new thread and set the format so that it will be easy to scan. All you Solo Cruisers who wish to share what cruise you will be going on can announce it on this new thread but I would suggest joining the Roll Call as well. Conversations and plans to meet on board should be on the Roll Call since this new thread will cover several different cruises. Watch for the new thread under "Solo Cruising"

Let's Do It. I will get it started. I will start a new thread and set the format so that it will be easy to scan. All you Solo Cruisers who wish to share what cruise you will be going on can announce it on this new thread but I would suggest joining the Roll Call as well. Conversations and plans to meet on board should be on the Roll Call since this new thread will cover several different cruises. Watch for the new thread under "Solo Cruising"

great idea ! ;)