Under Water Camera?

footballbabe3

Olympus Tough here too.

Several Staples stores around the country are clearing them from their stores because they are only going to sell them on-line from now on.

Just picked up another one for only $90 brand new in the box with case and floatation band. 12 MP and HD movie.

Kev

Thanks for the tip!! Just called my local Staples and they have one and it is $90 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Olympus Tough here too.

Several Staples stores around the country are clearing them from their stores because they are only going to sell them on-line from now on.

Just picked up another one for only $90 brand new in the box with case and floatation band. 12 MP and HD movie.

Kev

I just checked at my local Staples and they were $179 and the fellow there said they had no plans to stop carrying them :(

I bought one underwater disposable camera. I spent $15 for it and then another $15 to develope the film...I wasted $30 because of the 25 photos only three or four turned out good at all....

I saw that Olympus came out with a waterproof/freezeproof/crushproof, and shockproof camera in 2007 so I bought Stylus 770SW, and they changed the name to Tough 8000 when I bought an upgrade to the 77SW....damn nice camera and I could take hundreds of underwater photos and select the ones I want to keep and not pay a penny for wasted shots.....

DH bought me the Kodak playSport Zx5 (Shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof) for Christmas. What I like about it is that it has a "share" feature that if you have a wi-fi signal, you can send the video and/or pics to email, flickr, etc. or even post to Facebook if that's your thing. We have used the disposable underwater ones MANY times & usually for ever 1 good pic, you'd have about 5 blurry ones. We tested the new cam in our fishtanks (goldfish & saltwater lol) at home & the quality is really nice. You get a free HDMI cable with it and I also ordered the floating wrist strap. Can't wait to use it when we snorkel!!! ;)

since the op asked about disposable cameras, i'll tell her my experience.

many times, i have used the cheapy little disposable cameras purchased at wal mart, no problems.

i even bought the ones from the ship-same price in my experience-and reusable as well. Although i do not recommend going very deep with them as i experienced bad things-they leaked and ruined all of my pics. we used ours a couple of times and then they no longer were sealed good.

now, while everyone else is giving their opinions, i'll give you mine.

I have a little Kodak Sport-only downfall-waterproof up to 10 feet.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kodak-PlaySport-Black/14220551?povid=cat133277-env203316-module436322-rLink1

currently great sale at Wal Mart.....and I love it. it shoots video better than stills. took it white water rafting-used a gorillopod (small one) and tied to my life jacked and down the class IV rapids we went. swimming, waterfall canyoning-i filmed underneath the waterfall-intense water pressure and no leaks at all.

i've been very happy with it. it's very small and fits comfortably in your pocket.

I have used the disposable underwater cameras twice and had reasonable results both times. I saw a deal for the Fuji XP10 for $99 just as they released the newer XP20. I bought the XP10 and would buy the XP20 if anything ever happened to my camera.

This photo was taken while snorkeling in Bonaire in early December 2011.

I agree with the poster who suggested getting a floating wrist strap for the camera.

Fish_2a.jpg

We got the Panasonic Lumix last fall and we are very happy with it.

Here are a few pics with it and the mini-story of why we chose it. I like the fact that it tucks into a pocket easily and I use it almost daily at work now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30631171&postcount=20

My only other advice is get the float! DH modified mine so that it actually attaches via a bolt into the tripod hole - brilliant idea - but then again he's good at that kind of thing! :D

Happy Cruising!

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital

My DH took this picture. Camera also takes fantastic videos.

I have the same camera. Is your DD on Swim Team? I have 2 on swim and I thought I could use my camera to video tape them swimming under water, so they could check their form.

I'm always thinking!

Archived