Gem Cruise Review - 1/8/12-1/18/12 - Very long!

johnql

Thanks so much for all the great detail! We have cabin 11502, directly across from you, on the port side. Did you feel as though your balcony wasn't as "open" since it's recessed/sheltered?

We leave next Monday the 29th on the Gem. Can't wait!

Thanks so much for all the great detail! We have cabin 11502, directly across from you, on the port side. Did you feel as though your balcony wasn't as "open" since it's recessed/sheltered?

We leave next Monday the 29th on the Gem. Can't wait!

Yes, I would say it probably feels a little less open, but I'm completely fine with that. I don't like a lot of direct sun anyway. And the amount that it's recessed is minimal.

• 3 weeks later...
This is a fantastic review of the ship. thank you.

You're welcome. I'm glad you found it helpful.

Adding my kudos for a great inclusive review! I am taking this cruise shortly and wonder if the GEM docks at all the ports or if one has to tender at any.

Wouldst you tell me....with thanks.

It always depends on your specific ports. If your itinerary is identical to ours (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maarten, and Tortola), there was no tendering at all. We docked at all of our ports.

• 1 month later...

Is Cabin 11002 the FIRST balcony that sticks out on the Starboard side of the ship?

We are thinking of booking this cabin on the Gem this April or May, 2013. Never been in a mini suite before.

We do like to be where it is quiet and far from smokers as possible (even though this cannot be predetermined).

Any information you can give us as to the cabin, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:) :)

Is Cabin 11002 the FIRST balcony that sticks out on the Starboard side of the ship?

We are thinking of booking this cabin on the Gem this April or May, 2013. Never been in a mini suite before.

We do like to be where it is quiet and far from smokers as possible (even though this cannot be predetermined).

Any information you can give us as to the cabin, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:) :)

No, I believe it is the second balcony on the starboard side. The first balcony cabin belongs to the Cruise Director (at least that was the case on my sailing). It's not marked on the deck plans but if it were, it would be 11000. Since the CD rarely sleeps, we had no noise issue on that side at all. The other side is luck of the draw.

Archived