Yet ANOTHER ES question

MandynJim

OK my cruise is in 40 days! We booked an inside cabin on the Empress Deck, and outside cabin on the Rivera deck is only $10 more and only a $100 more for an outside on the Empress. Can I fill out a ES request for the upgrade? I do NOT want to be on the Rivera Deck because it is college spring break and I don't want to be down there with the kids. Would they go for this? Just to throw it out there the inside cabins are currently the same price as the outside cabins

OK my cruise is in 40 days! We booked an inside cabin on the Empress Deck, and outside cabin on the Rivera deck is only $10 more and only a $100 more for an outside on the Empress. Can I fill out a ES request for the upgrade? I do NOT want to be on the Rivera Deck because it is college spring break and I don't want to be down there with the kids. Would they go for this? Just to throw it out there the inside cabins are currently the same price as the outside cabins

You can usually upgrade without any penalty. Give them a call and see what you can do- certainly if they are the same price I'd go for it. Don't think going throught the ES process would be your best route- call.

What is ES?

Thanks.

Early Saver- one price category that allows you to drop your rate if the prices go down before you sale. There are restrictions (no changes primarily) but you either get a lower rate or on-board credit if you have paid in full.

What is ES?

Thanks.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

OP are you asking if you can pay the $10 and upgrade?? I would just call them if I was not price matching .. or submit the form, but then someone would have to call you to get your credit card number to charge the $10.

they will not give you the $10 upgrade for free, no. If you dont want the upgrade to bottom deck, call.

Thank you! I'm trying to learn all the abbreviations used in these forums. Still curious on most of them.

Yes- it can take time. And some of my early guesses were pretty funny. Some still befuddle me. but when in doubt- guess. Or ask.

Yes- it can take time. And some of my early guesses were pretty funny. Some still befuddle me. but when in doubt- guess. Or ask.

Hehehe! I'm curious about these. Are there others?

DW

DH

PT

PH = Port Hole

DD

OV = Ocean View

ES = Early Saver

OBC = On-Board Credit

I was thinking DW and DH stands for Darling Wife and Darling Husband. Hahaha!

DW

DH

PT

PH = Port Hole

DD

OV = Ocean View

ES = Early Saver

OBC = On-Board Credit

dear wife or dear husband, or darling, whatever you choose. like DS can be dear sister or dear son.

PT is a category, used to be 5A, that has port holes and two beds that can be moved together (not to be confused with 1A with port holes, that do not have two twins on the floor). i.e. using PH is probably someone not familiar with Carnival who doesnt know two categories have port holes)... using PH only will confuse people on here which category you are asking about.

DW

DH

PT

PH = Port Hole

DD

OV = Ocean View

ES = Early Saver

OBC = On-Board Credit

Check this board.. should answer alot of your questions..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I thought PH was penthouse.:confused:

Bill

It could be that too. PH is also used in Carnival's description where they put the symbols of what a particular port hole cabin.

Lots of symbols depend on how its used. TA is either a Transatlantic, like a cruise from Miami to Barcelona or its a travel agent too.

Archived