What is the deal if you book a subsequent cruise while on board?

The deposit you pay for the Next Cruise certificate is non-refundable, while the deposit for booking an actual cruise is refundable.

In either case you can be changed later to any other cruise you want as long as you keep the same booking confirmation number. So, if you have to cancel a Next Cruise certificate cruise, then don't: just modify the booking to another cruise to keep the deposit active.

It's only if you might want all your money back that the future cruise booking is better than the Next Cruise Certificate.

Ok so if I use only one, (mine) keep DH's. I would only have to pay $100 at booking. We then will get our $100 OBC? Is that correct?

Yes, you pay the second $100 at booking, an dthe booking gets the OBC. You can save DH's certificate to use on another cruise.

I want to make sure I understand this:

If I pay $100 for a Next Cruise certificate, I earn $100 OBC for a cabin on a future 7 day cruise.

When I decide on a cruise, I can then book the 4 other people in my family, pay $100 for each passenger's deposit - an additional $400, and since we will have to book two cabins, I will also get $100 OBC for the second cabin.

Finally, we are Platinum, so if we book two balcony cabins, we will also get $100 off each cabin using the discount.

The only downside is that I will lose the $100 if we never book another RCCL cruise.

Is that correct?

If I pay $100 for a Next Cruise certificate, I earn $100 OBC for a cabin on a future 7 day cruise.

When I decide on a cruise, I can then book the 4 other people in my family, pay $100 for each passenger's deposit - an additional $400, and since we will have to book two cabins, I will also get $100 OBC for the second cabin.

Finally, we are Platinum, so if we book two balcony cabins, we will also get $100 off each cabin using the discount.

The only downside is that I will lose the $100 if we never book another RCCL cruise.

Is that correct?

When you "create" your NC booking you are booking for 1 cabin and the deposit is $100pp. If you know that you will need additional cabins, you can also "create" NC bookings for your family and pay the $100pp reduced deposit at the same time. Your OBC is determined by length of cruise, so yes, for a 6-9 night cruise the OBC is $100 per cabin.

OR, once you have created your NC booking on board you will receive 2 Certificates for Family & Friends. Once you have converted your NC booking to a specific cruise then you can give the Certificates to those that want to do the same cruise as you are on, they will get the same $100pp reduced deposit plus any benefits they may be eligible for. They must book the same cruise as you have within 30 days of when you converted your NC booking.

Yes, creating a NC booking does mean a non-refundable deposit. But you do get the Certificates for Family & Friends which you do not get if you book a Future cruise on board (specific sailing date/ship/itinerary).

Is that correct?

I think that is correct. We've never done the Next Cruise Cert before but I've been researching it, and we plan to get two NCCs on our 2/18 cruise so I'll know more after we buy them.

We have booked onboard before and got reduced deposits when we did that, also an OBC ($100 on 7 nighter.) If you book a suite, the deposit is more than $100 ($250 pp) but that's half the suite deposit you make if you book otherwise. I suspect that if you convert a Next Cruise cert to a specific cruise with a suite booking, you may have to increase the deposit at the time you book with the cert. Anyone know?

Also, if you are booking 2 cabins, you may have to put one of your names on the first cabin and one on the second cabin when you book to get the platinum discount on both cabins. (You might call RCI and ask about that, or maybe somebody here has done it and knows for sure.) Last time we booked 2 cabins, we had to put one of our names on each cabin to get our balcony discount on both. We weren't using NCC, though, so maybe it's different with the certificate.

Judy

We got a next cruise on our last. My Dh picked it up. He paid $100 deposit. When I booked for 6 of us they charged me full deposit on at least 4 of us, maybe 5. We are planning on picking up a few next cruises next time. We may even deposit for 5 on one of them. We have not had much luck with the people on board selling the Next Cruise. They just want your money and send you on your way. We get different stories on how much we have to put down, how many you can buy. Going to go on the first day next time. They are always too busy at the end.

Kelly

I think that is correct. We've never done the Next Cruise Cert before but I've been researching it, and we plan to get two NCCs on our 2/18 cruise so I'll know more after we buy them.

We have booked onboard before and got reduced deposits when we did that, also an OBC ($100 on 7 nighter.) If you book a suite, the deposit is more than $100 ($250 pp) but that's half the suite deposit you make if you book otherwise. I suspect that if you convert a Next Cruise cert to a specific cruise with a suite booking, you may have to increase the deposit at the time you book with the cert. Anyone know?

Also, if you are booking 2 cabins, you may have to put one of your names on the first cabin and one on the second cabin when you book to get the platinum discount on both cabins. (You might call RCI and ask about that, or maybe somebody here has done it and knows for sure.) Last time we booked 2 cabins, we had to put one of our names on each cabin to get our balcony discount on both. We weren't using NCC, though, so maybe it's different with the certificate.

Judy

Booking a full suite (GS or higher) requires a double pp deposit at the time of booking and it is the same whether you book on board or from home. If you create a NC and, when converted, book a full suite, your deposit will also be doubled.

Normal Deposits

$100pp for 3-5 nights

$250pp for 6-9 nights

$450pp for 10+ nights

These double if booked in GS or higher

• 3 weeks later...
When booking on board there are 2 types of bookings. You can join C&A during your cruise to take advantage of booking a cruise while on a cruise.

1. Booking a Future Cruise where you are picking a specific itinerary/sailing date. You get the reduced deposit, which is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment.

2. Creating a NextCruise booking where you are "not" picking a specific sailing date and don't have to until you are ready. With this type of booking you also get a reduced deposit but it is non-refundable. You get a booking number that only becomes active once you convert to a specific itinerary/sailing date. A NextCruise does not expire. You also can get two Certificates for Family and Friends with a NextCruise booking.

Both types of bookings will get you an OBC and either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

The only time you do not get a reduced deposit is when you book a GS cabin or higher, then the deposit is double what it normally would be.

I have a NextCruise booking with the reduced deposit of $100. When I book a specific cruise (7 day cruise) and add a guest to the reservation (as the second person in the cabin), will he only have to pay a $100 deposit?

I am new to NextCruise booking, and just read some old posts about NextCruise from 2007 & 2008 that talk about the person who's name is on the form, for a 7 day cruise, having to pay 250.00 - 100.00 deposit=150.00, and anyone else in the cabin having to pay 250.00 downpayment (until final payment is due). Now I am seeing that a 100.00 deposit is all that is required by each person (until final payment is due). Does this apply to C&A members only? Is this a change in the policy since those old threads were posted?

We're ready to book our next cruise and are getting a suite. I've been told Suite deposits are $500.00 per person. I forgot I have"Next Cruise" certificate I bought on board Allure this past October. Can I use this for my suite and avoid the $500 deposit???

I have a NextCruise booking with the reduced deposit of $100. When I book a specific cruise (7 day cruise) and add a guest to the reservation (as the second person in the cabin), will he only have to pay a $100 deposit?

I am new to NextCruise booking, and just read some old posts about NextCruise from 2007 & 2008 that talk about the person who's name is on the form, for a 7 day cruise, having to pay 250.00 - 100.00 deposit=150.00, and anyone else in the cabin having to pay 250.00 downpayment (until final payment is due). Now I am seeing that a 100.00 deposit is all that is required by each person (until final payment is due). Does this apply to C&A members only? Is this a change in the policy since those old threads were posted?

When you convert your NC into a specific booking and add a second person you will only pay an additional $100 for that person with no further money due until final payment.

It used to be that you paid $100pp when you created a NC and then a full deposit when you converted it............but it got too complicated.........so C&A has left it at the $100pp deposit until final payment.

That's one of the benefits of booking on board............for both a NC and a specific cruise.........reduced deposit........unless you book a GS or above.

We're ready to book our next cruise and are getting a suite. I've been told Suite deposits are $500.00 per person. I forgot I have"Next Cruise" certificate I bought on board Allure this past October. Can I use this for my suite and avoid the $500 deposit???

Even with your NC, when you convert it to a specific cruise you will have to pay the double deposit for your cruise.

When you convert your NC into a specific booking and add a second person you will only pay an additional $100 for that person with no further money due until final payment.

It used to be that you paid $100pp when you created a NC and then a full deposit when you converted it............but it got too complicated.........so C&A has left it at the $100pp deposit until final payment.

That's one of the benefits of booking on board............for both a NC and a specific cruise.........reduced deposit........unless you book a GS or above.

Even with your NC, when you convert it to a specific cruise you will have to pay the double deposit for your cruise.

Thank you for your reply (and for all the information on NC). Much appreciated! Have a great day!

I just want to confirm something about booking the actual cruise with a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date.

Who do you contact at RCI when ready to do so? RCI general customer service or C&A (at 1-800-? phone number)?

BTW, did I see correctly in a post here or in another thread that you CAN do the actual booking online rather than call? There was a spot to choose NextCruise option and enter the NC reservation ID number?

Edit: Found (part of) the post:

If you're only using the Next cruise benefit you can book it online, it's an option on the payment page. You can put the code of the letter (What is this? Does he mean the booking/Reservation ID number?) in the option code spot and select next cruise booking from the drop down list. If, however you're apply another certificate and want the C & A discount you have to call to have those added. Just depends on how you want to do it.

Archived