Cruise points and C & A Status updated

As other threads have stated, RCCL website has had a problem with listing the

correct cruise points and updaing the C & A level.

We had the same problem with our Nov 20th 2011 cruise.

Just checked our status, and it has been corrected to the correct amount of cruise

points and advanced us to a Platinum status.:D

Hopefully RCCL figured out the problem and updated everybody.

As other threads have stated, RCCL website has had a problem with listing the

correct cruise points and updaing the C & A level.

We had the same problem with our Nov 20th 2011 cruise.

Just checked our status, and it has been corrected to the correct amount of cruise

points and advanced us to a Platinum status.:D

Hopefully RCCL figured out the problem and updated everybody.

My Nov 26 2011 cruise was just updated & my friend received his update to a Platinum status.

We were shorted two cruise points when they changed the system (we had taken a 9-night cruise, and their equation for coming up with the equivalent number of cruise credits is based on 7-night cruises, so the new system actually worked in our favor more than the calculation). We didn't bother having it fixed, though - it hasn't made a difference in our status, yet. If those two points end up making the difference between Emerald and Diamond, we'll have them go back and check their math. :D

My account is up-to-date too. I remember several years back the website was incorrect for quite some time, but, the points always seemed to be correct onboard. It is nice to now know that we can check our point balance and know that it is correct.

We were shorted two cruise points when they changed the system (we had taken a 9-night cruise, and their equation for coming up with the equivalent number of cruise credits is based on 7-night cruises, so the new system actually worked in our favor more than the calculation). We didn't bother having it fixed, though - it hasn't made a difference in our status, yet. If those two points end up making the difference between Emerald and Diamond, we'll have them go back and check their math. :D

This happened to a lot of us. They aren't going to give you the points ever for those longer than 7 night cruises. We had taken several 14 night cruises in a suite which today would give us 28 cruise points. But prior to the change of the system it was 3 cruise credits. That means during the conversion we only got 21 points. That means we were "shorted" 7 points per 2 week cruise.

Then you look at those who took 3 night cruises in a suite they didn't pay for but were actually C&A upgrades. Today they would only get 3 points for that cruise. But during the conversion they got 14 points. Fair? It doesn't seem so but that's the way they did it so the order of C&A seniority would be the same both before and after the conversion. Now the advancement in levels is done more fairly.

So, if those 2 points ever matter - it's too bad. Don't waste your time fighting it because they just aren't going to change it for you. Your 2 point loss at the conversion is a lot lower than a lot of us.

Gina

This happened to a lot of us. They aren't going to give you the points ever for those longer than 7 night cruises. We had taken several 14 night cruises in a suite which today would give us 28 cruise points. But prior to the change of the system it was 3 cruise credits. That means during the conversion we only got 21 points. That means we were "shorted" 7 points per 2 week cruise.

Then you look at those who took 3 night cruises in a suite they didn't pay for but were actually C&A upgrades. Today they would only get 3 points for that cruise. But during the conversion they got 14 points. Fair? It doesn't seem so but that's the way they did it so the order of C&A seniority would be the same both before and after the conversion. Now the advancement in levels is done more fairly.

So, if those 2 points ever matter - it's too bad. Don't waste your time fighting it because they just aren't going to change it for you. Your 2 point loss at the conversion is a lot lower than a lot of us.

Gina

Ditto, Gina is correct and we lost 21 points because we choose to take longer cruises and in the end were penalized for it. They said this was the most fair way to calculate new points for the most people. Guess that really meant and the way to make the least amount of folks unhappy:rolleyes:. Nothing you can do about it, we all tried. Just make sure you take a longer cruise to recoop those lost 2, imho.

We lost 100+ points when they did the conversion because the vast majority of our cruises were 10+ nights or longer and we only got 7 points for them. Didn't change our level within C&A but it did delay our making PC by one year.

We lost 100+ points when they did the conversion because the vast majority of our cruises were 10+ nights or longer and we only got 7 points for them. Didn't change our level within C&A but it did delay our making PC by one year.

That is if they would have had PC under the old system. ;)

Our level is correct, but we are still short 7 credits. I called about 2 weeks ago and they told me it would take a couple of weeks to get it straightened out. We sailed in dec. and should have got double points. I'll give them another week or so. If it isn't correct I'll call them again.

Judi :)

I'm going to visit the LA early in the week, next month on Jewel. When they did the conversion we got 69 points as of Jan 2011. This year we cruised Oasis...7 wonderful days and nights and we now have 75:rolleyes:...hmmm...math is not my strong suit but 69+7 should be 76! I took screen shots on my iPad so I can show the LA.

In either case after my 5 night Jewel cruise we will Diamond...but I have to see the LA for a Next Cruise, and to enroll my daughters anyway. I'm just hoping its a problem they can solve!

I'm going to visit the LA early in the week, next month on Jewel. When they did the conversion we got 69 points as of Jan 2011. This year we cruised Oasis...7 wonderful days and nights and we now have 75:rolleyes:...hmmm...math is not my strong suit but 69+7 should be 76! I took screen shots on my iPad so I can show the LA.

In either case after my 5 night Jewel cruise we will Diamond...but I have to see the LA for a Next Cruise, and to enroll my daughters anyway. I'm just hoping its a problem they can solve!

I wouldn't wait until your cruise. The LA is still going to have to email C&A to verify what you are telling her.

I would call C&A now and get it straightened out as they can see your cruise history from their side. 1-800-526-9723

I wouldn't wait until your cruise. The LA is still going to have to email C&A to verify what you are telling her.

I would call C&A now and get it straightened out as they can see your cruise history from their side. 1-800-526-9723

Thanks for the advice, I didnt want to hassle them about it if they are still trying to fix it, but it appears they credited the cruise, just added it wrong! I will call because they also don't have my c&a number in there, just my DH, but he's not taking this cruise!

Patti, do you know if my number should show, or do I need to log in under my own number? I've always done everything under that log in, but when I try to add my C&A number it tells me "this is another adult", it's very strange!

Thanks for the advice, I didnt want to hassle them about it if they are still trying to fix it, but it appears they credited the cruise, just added it wrong! I will call because they also don't have my c&a number in there, just my DH, but he's not taking this cruise!

Patti, do you know if my number should show, or do I need to log in under my own number? I've always done everything under that log in, but when I try to add my C&A number it tells me "this is another adult", it's very strange!

Your number will only show up if "you" have created a My Cruises account for yourself. It's very easy to do............try that and see what happens.

Your number will only show up if "you" have created a My Cruises account for yourself. It's very easy to do............try that and see what happens.

Hmmm...I tried that, but it kept saying..."this person is another adult".But I was under my husbands account, I think I will try from the website before logging into his account.

I did call C&A and they couldn't help me with the addition problem because they can't see the addition: that I had 69 and took a 7 night, and now have 75. They can only see just the 75 with my cruise history, and of course they were generous with the 1/21/11 conversion at the time.

So if I decide it's worth the fight, I have the screen shots saved of both areas in dispute, and can email them to someone. Probably I will just let it go as long as they properly credit my upcoming 5 night, so that I will have my Diamond discounts for two balconies for my Allure cruise in 2013.:D

Thanks for the advice Patti!

Ok, I was able to set up my own account...just had to log out of DH account and start all over! We both have the same cruises so far, but wanted to be able to check my own account after this Jewel cruise because hes not going, and i want to see if it gets credited properly!

Nobody said I was a quick study:rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Gina

Well that really stinks - I thought ours was just miscalculated because it was a random 9-day. I thought for sure that they would get the 14-day cruises correct. I can't believe they didn't fix that for all of you.

I like the points system better now, I just wish that we had known how to "play the game" back then - but who was to know they would change it?

Have any of you looked at NCL's Lattitudes Loyalty program? It's similar to RCI's new program, except you can get additional points for booking so far in advance or for using loyalty discounts. I've never sailed NCL, but I came across their loyalty system the other day, and I thought it looked cool.

Archived