venice water taxi

francesam

Going to Venice and staying a couple of nights before our cruise. We want to get a water taxi from the airport to out hotel, the Carlton in Croce, and from there to the cruise port. Does anybody know of a reliable firm?

I have seen a few but don't know if they are any good. I want to book a couple of months before i go.

I know they are expensive but our travel agent quoted us £160 :eek: for one way and I'm sure i can get it cheaper than that.

We are elderly so we want transfers straight to the hotel. Won't be going this way again so want to get it right. If we have to do loads of bridges we may be coming home in a box.:D

Private watertaxis are available everywhere, just insure that the closest dock to your hotel is easily accessible with minimum bridges and stairs.

I wouldn't use your TA, just rigth at the airport you exit, turn left and walk maybe 10' and you are the dock. As long as you know the fare you shouldn't be duped.

Its a wonderful ride into Venice on a good day.

536739180_0010_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.f2d827e773c0051841aa3a6e5835a63c.jpg

1914093521_0040_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.83b44e14746003e4a9228e1365260be0.jpg

377740100_0050_WaterTaxitoVenice.jpg.2ce4f648c32d0da77acd4579352fe813.jpg

Right AT the airport, there is a large desk as you exit the luggage carousels where you can book your trip. It will be about 100 euros (NOT 160 pounds!) Then you WILL have to walk about 100 meters to the dock area--there are luggage carts you can use for 1 euro IIRC.

There is no reason to book ahead--you will not have achieved anything. Then when you want to get to your ship, just have your hotel call a taxi for you--it is just like getting a regular taxi!!

water taxi from Macro Polo to Venice then a seperate taxi??? I don't recall seeing anything additional. The private taxi should be able to take you to whaterver dock if the hotel has one. Last time didn't see no cars painted yellow :D

If they are staying at the this location Sestiere Santa Croce, 578 in venice they are right on the grand canal and their should be a dock close by. They are a ways away from the major attractions but real close to the cruise terminal.

Right AT the airport, there is a large desk as you exit the luggage carousels where you can book your trip. It will be about 100 euros (NOT 160 pounds!) Then you WILL have to walk about 100 meters to the dock area--there are luggage carts you can use for 1 euro IIRC.

There is no reason to book ahead--you will not have achieved anything. Then when you want to get to your ship, just have your hotel call a taxi for you--it is just like getting a regular taxi!!

Archived