Zuiderdam experts......

sandymc47

Exploring our next cruise to be on the Zuierdam. (16 cruises, first on HAL) Is there buffett dining at night? Are pools open all the time, or closed at twlight, as on Carnival? (love the pools & hot tubs, on Celiberty, RCCL. and especially Princess, open all night). Are tips automatically deducted, or CAN you do it yourself? Is there a charge for use of the spa pool? (What is it?). And last, waht to tip the cabana boys?, or is it automatically deducted? ThANKS

The pools and hottubs on HAL usually close between 9:00 and 10:00pm. This is my only gripe with HAL. I enjoy a soak in the pool after dinner. If you have the late seating you are out of luck.

I love HAL but hate this rule. For me, they don't need to stay open all night, maybe just til midnight. If noise is the issue, make it adults only after a certain time.

Exploring our next cruise to be on the Zuierdam. (16 cruises, first on HAL) Is there buffett dining at night? Are pools open all the time, or closed at twlight, as on Carnival? (love the pools & hot tubs, on Celiberty, RCCL. and especially Princess, open all night). Are tips automatically deducted, or CAN you do it yourself? Is there a charge for use of the spa pool? (What is it?). And last, waht to tip the cabana boys?, or is it automatically deducted? ThANKS

Can't say anything about buffets at night, we enjoyed dining room... but as much as I liked Celebrity, day time buffet beats X with all choices (and sushi!).:)

Have fun!

If you take off the automatic tip, you can't THEN tip those you wish. Employees are told you've taken off the autotip. They must then turn in the tips you give. If you wish any employee to have more, THEN you can give them extra BEYOND the autotip.

Thanks Cruzon. If the room stewart is as good as the last one, we will add on "under-the-table". Anyone know if the Hydro pool is open to all, or if there is a charge, and how much? Celebrity does not charge for theirs, and it is GREAT!

There is a charge to use the hydro pool.

If you remove the automatic tips from your account, any person you give any tip to must turn it into the pool. Failing to do so would bear serious consequence to the steward (or whoever) who you tipped outside of the automatic tipping program.

• 2 weeks later...

cruznon - excellent point!! I never remove the auto tips, and enjoy tipping in cash those who serve me well! If I have a particular bartender/steward/waiter/Hunky Dory/pool staff/Windstar staff, etc., who I feel gives me excellent service (even knowing they are pre-paid), I willingly tip them extra cash. Knowing that they don't have to share it makes it all worthwhile!

Archived