Wellington Pier Parking

Floridiana

We will cruise on the Sea Princess. In Wellington, we will spend the day with my cousin. She lives outside the city and will pick us up in her car.

1) What is the best place to meet?

2) Do we have to take a shuttle bus from the ship?

3) If yes, where does it go to? Is there a passenger terminal?

4) Is there parking nearby?

5) If there is no parking, where would the nearest parking lot be located?

6) Assuming you took a shuttle bus, how long did disembarkation take? I have good and bad previous experiences in Caribbean and Brazilian ports.

Thanks for shedding light on these questions.

The Port at Wellington is called Centre Port.

Here is a link to their FAQ page which gives the answer to your question.

http://www.centreport.co.nz/frequently-asked-questions

It may also pay to get your friends in Welington to phone the port direct as visitor parking is provided beside the terminal.Taxis and shuttles come and go from there, but it is a zig zag route through the working port area , to the port gates.

When we visited in January we arranged to met our niece at Te Papa, as that is where we were told one of the drop off spots for the shuttle - shuttle was $8 per person return. BUT it wasn't!

I would recommend you get your cousin to met you at the I-site in the city centre. Sorry don't know the street address, but it is down the road from Amora Hotel (old Duxton). That would be much easier!

As David said - you can walk from the wharf, but it is a hassle - save your legs!

http://www.wellingtonnz.com/files/pwt-downtown-map-nov11.pdf

If your cousin didn't want to drive into the actual port area, you could meet her somewhere close, such as Old St Pauls Church (Y on the map), not far from the wharf (bottom right hand corner of the map). The walking path through the wharf is well marked.

Thank you for all the good information.

It seems that the summer weather has been so erratic that she wants to meet as close to the ship as possible. She decided to call the Harbourmaster's office. I will post what she finds out for anybody else who might need the information.

• 2 weeks later...
It turns out there will be a parking spot for people who pick up friends from a ship. A shuttle bus will take us from the ship right there.

Thank you for reporting back with this helpful information.

Hope you will have a great cruise and visit to Wellington.

Archived