Solstice food pics?

WS80

What is othello (besides a play by Shakespeare?)

Hi Sandi,:) I think they made a typo and it was probably intended to

say "other cruiseline boards";)

Hi Sandi,:) I think they made a typo and it was probably intended to

say "other cruiseline boards";)

Right! iPad autocorrect isn't a great help when your keyboard is not in English...

Sorry!

On othello cruise line boards i have seen à large collection of food pics. Who would like to share his pics of the food in the different restaurants on the solstice? Thanks!

As someone who loved Bruges and drinks your great Belgium beers, here are a few Celebrity food pictures from our June 2011 Solstice cruise. Many more can be found from my live/blog that is linked below. You will see many more details on these ships, food, entertainment, offerings, etc. Am at nearly 60,000 views and appreciate those who have tuned in, asked questions, etc. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment. The only "dumb question" is the one you don't ask.

Check this for more Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 59.873 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 57,071 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the MDR, there were three ice carvings. Nice to look at, plus sampling these treats!:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

My wife had this “Potato-Laced French Turbot” at Murano that looked great on its presentation plate. Tasted good, too!:

MuranoTurbotMainDish.jpg

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here is one of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, it is a veal beef shank.:

SolsticeVealShankMDR.jpg

From the Oceanview Buffet, here are two visual samples, including the sushi selections in this area. Second is a carved melon in the fruit area.:

SolsticeOceanviewSushi.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewCarnvedFruit.jpg

Here are some more pictures from our cruise per your request. All of these pictures have no calories!!?? The real things served on the Solstice have just a few, maybe! Let me know what other food things and items from the Solstice are of interest.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 59.873 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

This was the Tuscan Grille “Signature Creme Brulee” that I enjoyed. A key tip for the Tuscan Grille is to “pace yourself” as the portions are large (and good). You need to save room for the desserts, etc.:

SolsticeTuscan2Dessert-1.jpg

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here are two of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, the first shown is a beef strip steak with a special topping. Second is beef Wellington. Hopefully my memory is working correctly. Do these visuals match what others would remember or re-call?.:

SolsticeBeefStripSteak.jpg

SolsticeBeefChatTwoMDR.jpg

To get you ready to start your dining experience in Murano, they had this little strawberry item to clean your taste buds.:

MuranoOpeningStrawberry.jpg

Here are some sushi options and a nice ice carving at the mid-day brunch buffet during a sea day.:

SolsticeSushiIceCarving.jpg

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here is one visual sample showing how large and open are these various serving areas. This area includes getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area, various hot and cold items, free tea and juice machines, etc.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

Great pictures. I wish I were back there.

THANKS! Glad to know you're a person of such class, great taste and wonderful judgment. Appreciate the kind comments.

Your town and location in western Canada isn't bad as you wait until the next cruise happens.

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Always HAPPY to see pictures of my favorite BREADSTICKS too. I will forgo bread, rolls, and all other things carb related to have our wait staff bring a basket of those darn sticks with butter....whoo hoo...Solstice here we come in 48 days!!!!

Always HAPPY to see pictures of my favorite BREADSTICKS too. I will forgo bread, rolls, and all other things carb related to have our wait staff bring a basket of those darn sticks with butter....whoo hoo...Solstice here we come in 48 days!!!!

Did you say BREADSTICKS??? Here's some we saw below on the galley tour.

THANKS! Enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Solstice! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 60,049 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

During the galley tour, here is what can be done with the very good bread sticks. The bread options were good on this Solstice sailing.:

SolsticeBuffetTourBreadSticks.jpg

Archived