So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

Personally, I never recommend Atlantis. It's a theme park.

I wouldn't take my kids to another country and not look for something cultural to do or see.. even if it's just the beautiful beach. But that's me.

If a waterpark is what you look for when visiting the bahamas.. then Atlantis would be it.

Weather is pretty nice.. start of the rainy season.. but should be only sprinkles. As for lines, it's hard to say. Last year we had a ton of graduation parties and summer breakers. Don't know if that will happen again this year.

Thanks for the advice. Can I ask what you would recommend then? We've obviously never been, but are adventurous - we've hit 13 different European countries - so we're open to suggestions. Thank you again!

Thanks for the advice. Can I ask what you would recommend then? We've obviously never been, but are adventurous - we've hit 13 different European countries - so we're open to suggestions. Thank you again!

Dolphins, snorkeling, historic tours, forts, swimming, private island, pirates museium, art gallery, ardastra zoo, Fish fry for lunch.

Fishing, parasailing, boat tours

check out

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

www.flyingcloud.info

www.dolphinencounters.com

www.sandytoesroseisland.com

www.ardastra.com

www.blueholewatersports.com

www.majestictoursbahamas.com

And check my website for a walking tour.. bahamas-treasures.com

Edited by scubagirrl

Dolphins, snorkeling, historic tours, forts, swimming, private island, pirates museium, art gallery, ardastra zoo, Fish fry for lunch.

check out

www.flyingcloud.info

www.ardastra.com

Thank you so much for all of this info, I'll be sure to check it out! Are there any beaches you'd recommend that are public and safe? Sandy Toes looked great, but we're there on a Tuesday and that tour isn't offered. Oh well. Thank you again!

I was on RCL Majesty last July; we docked at 8 or 9am (forget which) and I proceeded directly to the Aqua Adventure desk at Atlantis only to find they were already sold out of water park day passes for the day (and we got to the desk before it opened). I was traveling w/ my 8-year old son and we had been planning this day for months so needless to say he was heartbroken. We took a cab back to the ship and luckily we were able to purchase the same passes at the shore excursion desk. We cabbed it back to Atlantis and found some chairs by about 10:30. I was bummed that we had essentially wasted two hours of our precious time there (and believe me, time is money there!) but we still had an absolute blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Here it is 8 months later and we still talk about it. It was pretty crowded but I don't think we waited more than about 45 minutes in line for any of the slides (except for the one you access via the lazy river, early in the day).

I would absolutely want to go in the summer again. The ocean water is bath temperature, and the water in all of the slides and pools were perfect as well. I just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise and there is a huge difference in water temp between March and July!

fyi - we purchased food/drinks from the concession stands and all I was asked to present was a credit card - no other I.D. In fact, that was all I had on me when we bought food; passports, etc. were in the locker.

I was just there the beginning of March and you DO NEED ID to use your credit card, they have had alot of problems with fraud. Things have changed since last July. Please save your self the hassel and keep both with you at all times.

check out

www.flyingcloud.info

www.ardastra.com

We are going to Nassau at the end of October and were wondering how the weather would be. Also thanks for all the great info, I guess we'll be crossing Atlantis off our lis.

We're also wondering about a good beach or good snorkeling if you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

We are going to Nassau at the end of October and were wondering how the weather would be. Also thanks for all the great info, I guess we'll be crossing Atlantis off our lis.

We're also wondering about a good beach or good snorkeling if you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Weather should be fine..just keep an eye on things.. since it's hurricane season.

Good beach - Sheraton Hotel ($25pp) or public beach at Junkanoo or Cabbage Beach (although Cabbage can be rough as the hurricane season progresses).

Best snorkeling is with Stuart Cove www.stuartcove.com If timing doesn't permit.. then snorkling with www.seahorsesailingadventures.com or www.flyingcloud.info would be great.

Weather should be fine..just keep an eye on things.. since it's hurricane season.

Good beach - Sheraton Hotel ($25pp) or public beach at Junkanoo or Cabbage Beach (although Cabbage can be rough as the hurricane season progresses).

Best snorkeling is with Stuart Cove www.stuartcove.com If timing doesn't permit.. then snorkling with www.seahorsesailingadventures.com or www.flyingcloud.info would be great.

Thank you for the snorkel information. The $25 for the Sheraton is that just for an entrance fee or what do you get for that?

Dorsey

Thank you for the snorkel information. The $25 for the Sheraton is that just for an entrance fee or what do you get for that?

Dorsey

The day pass fee is entrance to the beach and pools, towels, restrooms, maintained beach, snorkeling gear and non-motorized water sports.. it also includes lifeguards and security

The day pass fee is entrance to the beach and pools, towels, restrooms, maintained beach, snorkeling gear and non-motorized water sports.. it also includes lifeguards and security

Thank you for all your great information. I was talking to our daughter who is 22 even though we are only in Nassau until 1:30 she really wants to go to Atlantis and go on the water slide that passes through the shark tank.

Are there any cheaper tickets to do a half day pass or water park only pass?

Again thank you for your replies.

Dorsey

Thank you for all your great information. I was talking to our daughter who is 22 even though we are only in Nassau until 1:30 she really wants to go to Atlantis and go on the water slide that passes through the shark tank.

Are there any cheaper tickets to do a half day pass or water park only pass?

Again thank you for your replies.

Dorsey

Sorry, there are no 1/2 day passes.. just the all access pass for $135.

The park doesn't open until 10am.. and you have to leave Atlantis by 12:15 to be back on the ship in time. Personally I think you'd have to be crazy to pay $135 for 2 hours in the waterpark.

Will be in Nassau for about 7 hours on 5/27 on the allure. 2 questions for you...1. what are the different day passes from Atlantis? I know one includes just the dig etc.. there's one that includes the beach and pools. I would like to know what all the options are and prices for Atlantis. 2. I keep hearing a lot of talk of people using the different hotels in the area for their pools and beach access. Can you shed some light on what they offer?

Thank You Soooooooooooo much!!!

Will be in Nassau for about 7 hours on 5/27 on the allure. 2 questions for you...1. what are the different day passes from Atlantis? I know one includes just the dig etc.. there's one that includes the beach and pools. I would like to know what all the options are and prices for Atlantis. 2. I keep hearing a lot of talk of people using the different hotels in the area for their pools and beach access. Can you shed some light on what they offer?

Thank You Soooooooooooo much!!!

Atlantis has 3 passes. The only one that allows both beach and pool is the full access pass.. same as waterpark park..

Booking a room at either Atlantis or the Comfort Suites allows full access to the Atlantis property.. Ea room allows up to 4 pp. The base rate is for 2 ppl. Add'l ppl in the room pay add'l fees. Room tax, surcharges and fees are additional as well. this is NOT always the best option.

Discover Atlantis Aquaventure Package:

. Adult Price: $120.00 - $135pp depending on season.

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $80.00

. Included: Access to the Dig and other marine habitats, beaches and water park including: slides, pools, river rapids & private lagoons

. Not included: meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve basis

Discover Atlantis Beach Day Package:

. Adult Price: $80.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $45.00

. Included: The Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour, access to west beach and all marine habitats. This access is to a roped off section of the beach.. does not include access to Cove Beach, or Paradise Beach.

. Not Included: access to pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve

Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour:

. Adult Price: $39.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $29.00

. Includes: access to predator lagoon, the dig, ruins lagoon

. Not included: access to grounds or beaches, pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

Lockers: In addition to these packages; guests can also rent lockers at the Day Visitor Center, located at the rear of the Mayan Temple. Guests will be charged $50 for any unreturned locker key (room charge or credit card only for lockers).

. Small Locker: $5.00

. Medium Locker: $7.00

. Large Locker: $10.00

Water park opens at 10am - closes at 4:30 in winter months, 5:30 / 6pm in summer months.

Pools and beach open at 9am - close at 5pm in winter/ 6:30/ 7pm in summer months

Edited by scubagirrl

NCL has a special going on now for the Aquaventure excursion. $119 which includes the shuttle to and from Atlantis. I've been reading up online here and it seems that this is a reasonable price. However, a few have noted that the whole process takes quite a while from the time you step off the ship until you are finally able to get to the pools.

According to the NCL website the meeting time for the shore excursion is 9:15am. Is it possible for us to get our wrist bands earlier and just take a taxi? Is it NCL that is handing out the wristbands or another company? And what time would they start handing out the wristbands? Are we bound to take the shuttle or can we venture out on our own with a taxi and thus bypass the tour of Atlantis?

Are towels available at Atlantis or are we expected to bring our own? I would imagine that lockers would be the best way to keep our valuables safe while on the slides, are there enough lockers to accommodate a busy park? And what is the cost of renting a locker?

We will be there Wed April 25th…as far as I can tell there are going to be only 3 other ships in port. What is your take on how crowded the water park will be? What do you think the wait times will be for the slides?

Oh, our ship is due to leave the dock at 6pm...Is 1 hr sufficient for us to get a take a taxi back to port for 5:45?

Thanks for the help!!!

NCL has a special going on now for the Aquaventure excursion. $119 which includes the shuttle to and from Atlantis. I've been reading up online here and it seems that this is a reasonable price. However, a few have noted that the whole process takes quite a while from the time you step off the ship until you are finally able to get to the pools.

According to the NCL website the meeting time for the shore excursion is 9:15am. Is it possible for us to get our wrist bands earlier and just take a taxi? Is it NCL that is handing out the wristbands or another company? And what time would they start handing out the wristbands? Are we bound to take the shuttle or can we venture out on our own with a taxi and thus bypass the tour of Atlantis?

the wristbands get handed out at Atlantis. Since you are going on a "special", I highly doubt they will just hand them to you. You can ask the cruise director the night before. As for timing, the waterpark doesn't open until 10am..

On the NCL websites, it specifically says that you can't bring your voucher to Atlantis.

"Guests participating on an Atlantis Shore Excursion must arrive at the place and time stated on the Shore Excursion ticket. Atlantis tour tickets will not be honored at the resort"

Are towels available at Atlantis or are we expected to bring our own? I would imagine that lockers would be the best way to keep our valuables safe while on the slides, are there enough lockers to accommodate a busy park? And what is the cost of renting a locker?

Towels are available at the towel huts.

Lockers are available, but there are usually not nearly enough, so have a back up plan and don't bring valuables.

Small Locker: $5.00

. Medium Locker: $7.00

. Large Locker: $10.00

We will be there Wed April 25th…as far as I can tell there are going to be only 3 other ships in port. What is your take on how crowded the water park will be? What do you think the wait times will be for the slides?

It will be crowded.. no doubt. You can still have a 30 minute wait on the popular slides.

Oh, our ship is due to leave the dock at 6pm...Is 1 hr sufficient for us to get a take a taxi back to port for 5:45?

YOu need to be back onboard at least 30 minutes before departure.. some ships are 1 hour. in order to be on the ship by 5:30, you'll need to leave at 4:30pm (there's a rush hour back up on the bridge that starts around 4:30..you need to be in front of this). If you are taking the shuttle, they will tell you what time you should meet

Thanks for the help!!!

You'll need a credit card for lockers, food or incidentals. Atlantis is Cashless during the day ..

Edited by scubagirrl

Thanks Scubagirrl! Much appreciated!

So say, lockers are all taken (they probably won't be as the tour starts early, but just in case) do we then just drop our towels and the like on a lounge chair while touring the water park? Essentially becoming a chair hog? :) Or are there other areas to drop stuff off as you head for a slide?

There should be lockers available at the time you will get there and even with a locker you should grab a lounge chair and leave your towel on it so you have a place to come rest during the day. That's common at any waterpark and not considered a no-no.

• 2 months later...

Since we are at mercy of CruiseShip docking 8 am to 5 pm departure time in July 4th week, Do you think its advisable to go for aquventure pass(costly)..or just the beachpass.

We are basically interested in seeing the resort taking photos and not interested in water activity but would like enjoy beach waters.

Is the West beach you mentioned in Beach Day pass is that the Atlantis beach in map http://www.atlantis.com/content/pdf/PropertyMap.pdf ?

Since we are at mercy of CruiseShip docking 8 am to 5 pm departure time in July 4th week, Do you think its advisable to go for aquventure pass(costly)..or just the beachpass.

We are basically interested in seeing the resort taking photos and not interested in water activity but would like enjoy beach waters.

Is the West beach you mentioned in Beach Day pass is that the Atlantis beach in map http://www.atlantis.com/content/pdf/PropertyMap.pdf ?

If you just want to go to the beach, there's a free beach just next door to Atlantis beach.. accessible thru a public pathway next to the RUI.

I would never pay to go to Atlantis beach.. it's really not that special.

You beach pass at atlantis does NOT allow you access to the majority of the grounds. .. so taking photos would also be limited to the walk to the beach.

west beach is the main Atlantis Beach on the map.. and along in front of the beach and coral towers. It does NOT include Cove beach or Paradise Beach.

We didn't get a chance to go during our cruise in May because we got to port to late. We're scheduled to go back to the Bahamas again December 2013.

From my research the temperature in December is similar to May. Is this accurate? This time we will get into port at 8 am but I want to be sure it won't be too cold to enjoy it.

Thanks

Dev-US, we were at Atlantis last summer on Sat. July 2nd (ship arrived at 8 am) and did the Aquaventure (we wanted to do the waterslides and pools). Bought thru majestic tours and loved it. Although our ship didn't leave til 10 pm we wanted to be back onboard ship for our 6pm dining time so we left Atlantis by 4 pm.

Since you aren't interested in the waterslides or pools, just the beach, I agree with Scubagirl. Don't pay for the Atlantis beach, just go to the free one either on Paradise Island or Nassau itself (Junkanoo). You could even splurge a little and buy a day pass for one of the hotels on Nassau such as the Sheraton or British Colonial. Do a search on those and see if it interests you.

I have a question about young toddlers, we are cruise grandma, grandpa, mom, dad and 1 year old. With the room limits at 4 ppl does that mean we would 2 rooms just for the toddler or since she doesn't need a wrist band for her could we just book the room for the 4 adults? We would use the room for little ones nap time.

Sailing the sky so we are in Nassau from 8am to 5pm

Edited by Sparkygirl

We didn't get a chance to go during our cruise in May because we got to port to late. We're scheduled to go back to the Bahamas again December 2013.

From my research the temperature in December is similar to May. Is this accurate? This time we will get into port at 8 am but I want to be sure it won't be too cold to enjoy it.

Thanks

December thru Feb is iffy.. If there is a cold front it can be downright cold. If not, high 70's low 80's. But the water temp is closer to 70.. not like the summer months when the water is warm.

I wouldn't book an excursion until it gets closer and you know the weather forecast. And have a back up plan for cooler weather...

If you book a room at Atlantis you can have 5 people as long as the 5th person is under 5 (or it may be 5 or under can't remember exactly). Don't know about Comfort Suites.

I believe both Atlantis and CS consider children 4-12.. so under 4 would be free as a 5th person in the room.