So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

Has anyone gone to Altlantis in May? Is it busy or worth it to go then? My friends and I are going to be sailing on NCL sky, and will port at Nassau on May 3.

this is the first time we have cruised and I have been reading and doing research and things are starting to get a bit confusing. Are there any good non-cruise line excursion booking agencies that are safe to buy from ? As when I tried to look for the Atlantis pass on NCL website it says its unavailable or it will cost 180 a person which is alot more than the 120$ a person I have read on here

Has anyone gone to Altlantis in May? Is it busy or worth it to go then? My friends and I are going to be sailing on NCL sky, and will port at Nassau on May 3.

this is the first time we have cruised and I have been reading and doing research and things are starting to get a bit confusing. Are there any good non-cruise line excursion booking agencies that are safe to buy from ? As when I tried to look for the Atlantis pass on NCL website it says its unavailable or it will cost 180 a person which is alot more than the 120$ a person I have read on here

In hindsight I wish we would have done your ship instead if RCL since you'll be there enough to enjoy Atlantis. Didn't think to look at arrival times for the ports when I booked. Sigh it'll just give us another reason to sail the itinerary. We'll be there a few data after you and Scubagirl says its not busy.

We booked through Comfort Suites for $235. That includes 4 bracelets to enter Atlantis. Because we checked in and out at the same time we did not have to pay the housekeeping fee and what not. Flat rate of $235, I know the rate depends on your time of year but it is WAY cheaper than booking through the cruiseline. Our cab driver was more reliable than the car service I paid to pick us up at Port Canaveral. BTW, you have to have your license as well as your credit card to purchase food or drinks. They will ask for ID with all purchases!

Sounds like some people on CC work for the cruiseline!:rolleyes:

I was very nervous about how this would work out and it could not have been better. I would never pay what the cruiseline asks, especially since you have to gather at the port, wait for a bus, get dropped off at the furthest entrance and walked through with a tour. By the time you get to the waterpark area you have already wasted a good part of your day. We had great lounge chairs by 9:30am. Slides opened at 10:00. Perfect!

Did you book through their website or call the hotel directly? Did you ask for a day room or just a room for a night? And did you book for the day of arrival or the night before? I would really appreciate any info you can give me on the procedure you went through to do this! Thanks!

We were there last week, here's what we did: Booked a room at Comfort Suites on Atlantis property, we took a cab $4 pp and $2 toll over to Comfort checked -in received our cards walked over to Royal Towers got in Aquaventures line got bracelets and went to the waterpark. We walked around the dig, an aquarium, walked around the Hotel a bit. Super Easy!

Our Cab driver's name was "Slim" he gave us a card and came back at 4:00 like we asked.

Thanks for the info we jus booked our hotel at comfort inn to save money for our day in Atlantis,, NOW ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVISE TO SAVE ON THE ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE DAY IN ORLANDO I FIND IT CRAZIE THAT IS 169 if u book thru cruis line but it's only 70 to get a day pass into the park ??? Help??

I'm traveling with my family n friends so there is 7 of so at 170 a person that's gonna b one expensive day Lola so any advise helps

Did you book through their website or call the hotel directly? Did you ask for a day room or just a room for a night? And did you book for the day of arrival or the night before? I would really appreciate any info you can give me on the procedure you went through to do this! Thanks!

I called hotel directly n booked it I booked it for the day of arrival n I double checked with the manager bc there check in time inst until 3 n we will be there at 11 he sd you can chk in but ur room might not b ready but he sd you get ur card n you can go to Atlantis n chk in and get ur bracelets.. It works for us bc we paid 250 total but get 4 ppl in for free so it saved us quite a bit of money bc a day pass is 120 hope this helps

We were there last week, here's what we did: Booked a room at Comfort Suites on Atlantis property, we took a cab $4 pp and $2 toll over to Comfort checked -in received our cards walked over to Royal Towers got in Aquaventures line got bracelets and went to the waterpark. We walked around the dig, an aquarium, walked around the Hotel a bit. Super Easy!

Our Cab driver's name was "Slim" he gave us a card and came back at 4:00 like we asked.

Thanks for the info we jus booked our hotel at comfort inn to save money for our day in Atlantis,, NOW ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVISE TO SAVE ON THE ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE DAY IN ORLANDO I FIND IT CRAZIE THAT IS 169 if u book thru cruis line but it's only 70 to get a day pass into the park ??? Help??

I'm traveling with my family n friends so there is 7 of so at 170 a person that's gonna b one expensive day Lola so any advise helps

So......did you have to pay the extra fees of $18.00 pp if more than 2 persons and the extra housekeeping fees of $5.00 pp ? Someone said in their post that they checked in & out at the same time to avoid having to pay those fees but I am not sure how you can still get the Atlantis wristbands if you're already checked out?? Very confusing? Also, since you were just there last week, can you tell me how the spring break crowd was? Was it crazy overcrowded? We'll be there in 2 weeks so I am interested to know what it was like! Thanks !

So......did you have to pay the extra fees of $18.00 pp if more than 2 persons and the extra housekeeping fees of $5.00 pp ? Someone said in their post that they checked in & out at the same time to avoid having to pay those fees but I am not sure how you can still get the Atlantis wristbands if you're already checked out?? Very confusing? Also, since you were just there last week, can you tell me how the spring break crowd was? Was it crazy overcrowded? We'll be there in 2 weeks so I am interested to know what it was like! Thanks !

You can check and and check out at the same time. Noone cares. You just can't use the room, or bill your meals back to CS if you do this

FEEs are mandatory.. but some staff seem to be a bit more free with letting them slide. If there is a manager on duty.. you'll end up paying all fees.. so be prepared to pay.. and if they let you slide .. it's a perk.

You'll be given a card from the desk clerk to bring to Atlantis.. it's all computerized. Just show the Atlantis desk your card and get your wristbands. ALL parties must be present at the Hotel as well as at the Atlantis desk to get bands.

Be aware of the cancellation policy on this room. I think you need to cancel 5 days in advance. Check the CS website for details.

I am interested in the Comfort Inn.

There would be 4 adults. Do I put in "number in room" 2 or 4? Will give us a braclet for 4 if you put in 2?

You only get bracelets for the number of PAID ppl in the room.

If you are 4 adults, you need to put in 4 adults and pay the add'l $40 Plus per person.

If not, you won't get access to Atlantis.

The system is computerized. ALL guest must appear at the Hotel, and then again to pick up the bracelets at Atlantis.. there's no getting around it.

If you put in for 2 adults - you'll get 2 bracelets

If you put in for 2 adults and 2 kids. You'll get 2 bracelets (since you are obviously not kids).

If you put in for 4 adults, you'll get 4 bracelets.

Did toy book a day room at Comfort? What was the cost> Then you had access to all water park activities? We will be there April 10-11 - so I assume it will be crowded due to Spring Break?

Did toy book a day room at Comfort? What was the cost> Then you had access to all water park activities? We will be there April 10-11 - so I assume it will be crowded due to Spring Break?

There is no "day room" per se.. it's just the regular room rate for booking a room as if you were going to stay there.. Base Room rate is for 2 ppl, plus Taxes and surcharges. Add'l persons in the room (who want wristbands) are charged $40pp for adults plus taxes etc.

Check the Comfort Suites paradise island website for the date you are looking for.. put in the # of people who will be in the room (or expect wristbands). and hit the button..

Read the details for add'l changes. Max people in the room and Cancellation policies..

And yes, it will be crowded easter week.

Will be on the Carnival Sensation 4/12-4/15/12 and booked two rooms ($175 each at the government rate) at the Comfort Suites for 4/13. Will be in port from 12pm until 6am the next morning. I have 2 adults and 1 child per the two rooms for a total of 6....so I should receive 4 adult bracelets for the Atlantis and the kids do not get bracelets because they are with us???? Or do they all get bracelets Ages for everyone are 46, 46, 19, 16, 14 and 13.

Also, I will be using the rooms at the CS later on for showers so I'm assuming I will be paying the $18 housekeeping fee per room but do I pay the additional $40 for the 3rd person per room being they are kids ages 15 and 13. Thanks in advance for info......

Will be on the Carnival Sensation 4/12-4/15/12 and booked two rooms ($175 each at the government rate) at the Comfort Suites for 4/13. Will be in port from 12pm until 6am the next morning. I have 2 adults and 1 child per the two rooms for a total of 6....so I should receive 4 adult bracelets for the Atlantis and the kids do not get bracelets because they are with us???? Or do they all get bracelets Ages for everyone are 46, 46, 19, 16, 14 and 13.

Also, I will be using the rooms at the CS later on for showers so I'm assuming I will be paying the $18 housekeeping fee per room but do I pay the additional $40 for the 3rd person per room being they are kids ages 15 and 13. Thanks in advance for info......

The children will no incur the $40 for 3rd person. Only adults.

You will get 6 bracelets. 4 for adults and 2 for kids. All of you need to show up at the Atlantis desk at the same time to get your bracelets.

The only time kids don't need bracelets are when they are infants or young toddlers.

Keep in mind the slides open at 10am but close at 5pm So you really have limited "fun" time at Atlantis. Pools close shortly after.

Thanks for the quick reply scubagirrl. I thought I would have to pay the $40 for 3rd person in each room..WWHHEEWW!! At least I have sometime at the pools, Carnival wanted $135 pp for the Aqua-adventure package, which is insane if you ask me, thats over $800. So I feel I am ahead. Should I take the ferry or cab. I'm sure there will be lines for the ferry, cab might be quicker?

Edited by tjwinters

Thanks for the quick reply scubagirrl. I thought I would have to pay the $40 for 3rd person in each room..WWHHEEWW!! At least I have sometime at the pools, Carnival wanted $135 pp for the Aqua-adventure package, which is insane if you ask me, thats over $800. So I feel I am ahead. Should I take the ferry or cab. I'm sure there will be lines for the ferry, cab might be quicker?

Since you're timing is tight.. take a cab.

I booked online, reserved with a credit card, it was not charged until we checked in. When we arrived at Comfort Suites, we told them we aren't actually using the room and they said we would automatically be check out in the AM. I booked for the day we arrived in Nassau, it says check in isn't until 3 but they give you everything you need to get into Atlantis right away. We got off the ship about 8:30 and to our lounge chairs by 9:30. :)

We did not pay any extra fees. I was charged exactly what my confirmation stated. It was not at all crowded while we were there. I assume crowds levels will increase as Spring Break starts. It really isn't confusing it just seems to be too easy! Book online, take a cab to Atlantis, check in at Comfort Suites, walk over to Atlantis, find Aquaventure desk get wristbands for the people listed on your card and find your lounge chairs. You will get towels there, and you can rent lockers there also. You can only pay by credit card for food and drinks, make sure you also have your ID with you. They will ask for ID for ALL purchases.

With you date - you should be able to walk into Atlantis and get a day pass at the front desk. You are going in the off season. Shouldn't be crowded.

You dock downtown, and there are cabs waiting ($4pp). plus $1 toll. They will drop you at the Royal Towers.. you can go to the desk and pay $120 pp for your all access pass.

The waterpark will close at 5, the pools at 6 during that time of year.

That time of day it takes about 45 mins to get back to the ship due to traffic and another 10 minutes or so to get to the ship.. so leave some wiggle room for your dinner plans.

The only transportation that ends at 6pm is the tour transport from the ship. Otherwise, taxis run 24/7.

Hi Scuba, question for you. I'm arriving on the Pride in Nassau on May 17 at 11am. Should I book Atlantis through the ship or will there be passes available at that time? Thank you.

Hi Scuba, question for you. I'm arriving on the Pride in Nassau on May 17 at 11am. Should I book Atlantis through the ship or will there be passes available at that time? Thank you.

Unless there's a concert or special event that week you shouldn't have a problem getting passes same day. Keep in mind the pools and slides close at 5pm.. so that's a hefty fee for a short day.

Unless there's a concert or special event that week you shouldn't have a problem getting passes same day. Keep in mind the pools and slides close at 5pm.. so that's a hefty fee for a short day.

Thank you Scuba. Yes $120.00 is hefty for the all access, but the 5 hour through the ship is $180.00. Still cheaper with a cab, plus the boy wants to go there. His first cruise. Whats the best way there, water or cab? Cheapest? Thank you again.