So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

The rate for a room at Comfort Suites would depend on the date you choose and if there are any sales/ specials etc. Its just like booking a room at any other hotel. Prevailing rates. A max of 4 ppl are allowed in a room.

Remember.. the base rate is for 2 ppl, Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. 18% Room Tax. Energy surcharge: 13.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night

These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges.

I had gotten excited by this prospect.....until I checked the rate for when we're there. It would be about $100/person, plus taxes when we're there. That's probably more than we want to spend, but may consider it if nothing else. One advantage of doing this is that we're Choice Hotel members so we'd get credit for a night's stay plus the number of dollars spent on this excursion would add to our points total towards a free night--it's not often that spending money on an excursion could come back to benefit us in the long run.

Sorry if this has been asked--what's the difference between the $40 and $80 packages? Does the cheaper one only give access to three of the marine exhibits listed, or all of the marine exhibits?

Sorry if this has been asked--what's the difference between the $40 and $80 packages? Does the cheaper one only give access to three of the marine exhibits listed, or all of the marine exhibits?

The $40 pass is for access to the DIGS aquarium only. No pools, slides, beaches or outdoor paths and gardens. It's strictly for the Indoor aquarium and exhibits mentioned.

The $80 package allows access to the MAIN beach and the DIGS.

Not the pools, slides, lagoons or other areas of the property. (the main beach is the same beach that is open to the public for free a few meters up the beach to the east).

Both of these are very restrictive as to where you are allowed on the property.

THe $120 package allows the same access as the royal, beach and Coral Towers. (Slides, beaches, pools, lagoons).. with the exception of those areas reserved for the COVE and REEF guests only. (Cain pool, Cove and Paradise Beach)..

None of these packages included dolphin cay, rock climbing or any fee based venue.

How "crowded" is "crowded"?

We will be there easter week; considering the comfort inn option.

Is it miserable crowded, long lines for the slides? (Roughly how long a wait?).

Packed like sardines on the beach?

Would really love some color on this.

How "crowded" is "crowded"?

We will be there easter week; considering the comfort inn option.

Is it miserable crowded, long lines for the slides? (Roughly how long a wait?).

Packed like sardines on the beach?

Would really love some color on this.

All of the above.

Going by last year.. which had a lower capacity than this season.

Miserable - Depends on what you consider miserable.

Long Lines - yes.. sometimes an hour or more.

Packed like sardines.. yup.. chairs lined up elbow to elbow

Think Disney for easter..

Thanks for the info we jus booked our hotel at comfort inn to save money for our day in Atlantis,, NOW ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVISE TO SAVE ON THE ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE DAY IN ORLANDO I FIND IT CRAZIE THAT IS 169 if u book thru cruis line but it's only 70 to get a day pass into the park ??? Help??

I'm traveling with my family n friends so there is 7 of so at 170 a person that's gonna b one expensive day Lola so any advise helps

Probably not going to find cheaper than through Universal. Not usually a discount for a 1 day pass. I would be wary of any "discount" theme park ticket sites. 70 pp isn't so bad, as long as you have the full day there. I would never book through the ship for that. Happy Cruising!:)

All of the above.

We will be there Friday, April 13th from noon to 7pm. I was going to cave in and book the excursion .... however, I practically live at Disney and know how miserable it is at holidays. If you are comparing Atlantis to Disney during a holiday, I think we will skip LOL

All of the above.

that does indeed sound miserable! I'll save a visit for off-season. Thanks.

My daughter is going to a wedding in Nassau the last week of April.

Is that a busy time?

last week shouldn't be bad.. It's a shoulder season. Some things will be closed or on limited schedules.

Will pick up again mid May until September.

Wow, thanks for the tip about Comfort Inn. I'll be in Nassau May 9th and their current rate is $279/night. Way less than what we'd be paying for 4 through NCL.

Now, is it easy to get a cab at the port? Are they lined up?

Thanks,

Wow, thanks for the tip about Comfort Inn. I'll be in Nassau May 9th and their current rate is $279/night. Way less than what we'd be paying for 4 through NCL.

Thanks,

Cabs are lined up and waiting.

Don't forget.. the current rate is sans 18% taxes, add'l fees and surcharges, as well as $40 pp add'll person charges adults.

Check the details on the CS website. Those fees add up.

Thanks,

Very easy to get a cab, they are waiting for you. We had a gentleman named Slim he was fantastic. He came back to Atlantis to return us to port, when we asked him to. Very nice and helpful with all of our stuff.:)

Jan is off season and can be quite cool.

If you're ship gets in at 1, you won't be on the property until 2.. and the slides start closing at 4:30.. pools at 5pm.

SOOOO not worth the $$ in my book.. but also.. the possibilitiy of not being comfortaDeble enough to enjoy the day in the water.

Only a handful of pools are heated at Atlantis.. and the slides can get quite chilly in the winter months.

Hi, I will be going to Bahamas in August and again in Dec. Christmas week what are the chances of doing Atlantis on these trip/ August sister and I, in Dec. my 2 girls 14, 11 and myself.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi, I will be going to Bahamas in August and again in Dec. Christmas week what are the chances of doing Atlantis on these trip/ August sister and I, in Dec. my 2 girls 14, 11 and myself.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

August shouldn't be a problem unless theres a concert or pagent. Check the atlantis website as you approach your date.

Christmas is VERY crowded, and may end up being blacked out. (some days were blacked out this passes season).

It could also be a little too cool for being in the water all day... again.. check the weather as you get closer.

If your date is blacked out, you might be able to book a room at Comfort suites for access.. or book thru Majestic tours bahamas.

Of course, if your date is blacked out.. the crowds will be horrible, so why would you waste your money standing on line??

I was on RCL Majesty last July; we docked at 8 or 9am (forget which) and I proceeded directly to the Aqua Adventure desk at Atlantis only to find they were already sold out of water park day passes for the day (and we got to the desk before it opened). I was traveling w/ my 8-year old son and we had been planning this day for months so needless to say he was heartbroken. We took a cab back to the ship and luckily we were able to purchase the same passes at the shore excursion desk. We cabbed it back to Atlantis and found some chairs by about 10:30. I was bummed that we had essentially wasted two hours of our precious time there (and believe me, time is money there!) but we still had an absolute blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Here it is 8 months later and we still talk about it. It was pretty crowded but I don't think we waited more than about 45 minutes in line for any of the slides (except for the one you access via the lazy river, early in the day).

I would absolutely want to go in the summer again. The ocean water is bath temperature, and the water in all of the slides and pools were perfect as well. I just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise and there is a huge difference in water temp between March and July!

fyi - we purchased food/drinks from the concession stands and all I was asked to present was a credit card - no other I.D. In fact, that was all I had on me when we bought food; passports, etc. were in the locker.

We are taking the Oasis to Nassau on July 1. The boat arrives at 7 am and leaves by 3. Our plan was to book a room through comfort suites-we are aware of the additional fees (e.g., 40 pp adults, tax, housekeeping,etc.). Do we have suffcient time for kids to ride all slides, etc. Within this short time frame?

We are taking the Oasis to Nassau on July 1. The boat arrives at 7 am and leaves by 3. Our plan was to book a room through comfort suites-we are aware of the additional fees (e.g., 40 pp adults, tax, housekeeping,etc.). Do we have suffcient time for kids to ride all slides, etc. Within this short time frame?

Not really. The waterpark doesn't open until 10am.. and you'll have to leave by 2 to get back onboard.

With the crowds in the summer months, lines will be long.

Unless you get a really great deal, I'd save if for when you have time to enjo

Hi there!

This is only my second cruise, and on my first one we didn't do any excursions except for renting a kayak. I'm going on Royal Caribbean Monarch from April 9-13, and we will be in Nassau on April 11. I'd really love to book a dolphin swim, but there are so many options to choose from and would love some input.

If I book through the RC, the dolphin swim is $239 which includes transportation and access to the beach and the DIGS/Lagoon. I called Atlantis because their rate was a little cheaper (190) but they said it included the dolphin swim only. If that is true, I might as well just book the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim for $199.

Also, if we decide not to do the dolphin swim, the cruise line offers the Aquaventure for $159 and access to the beaches and pools all day. Not sure if lockers are included or not. I keep seeing posts about purchasing a day pass, but where do I buy these? I went on the Atlantis site and the only day pass available for purchase was the dolphin swim. I tried booking the Comfort Suites, but when I called they said the hotel was closed for that day. Didn't know they did this? Any input would be greatly appreciated as far as which excursion would be best and the best price!

Hi there!

This is only my second cruise, and on my first one we didn't do any excursions except for renting a kayak. I'm going on Royal Caribbean Monarch from April 9-13, and we will be in Nassau on April 11. I'd really love to book a dolphin swim, but there are so many options to choose from and would love some input.

You are traveling during the heaviest season of the year.. Easter week.

Not alot to choose from this late in the game.

If I book through the RC, the dolphin swim is $239 which includes transportation and access to the beach and the DIGS/Lagoon. I called Atlantis because their rate was a little cheaper (190) but they said it included the dolphin swim only. If that is true, I might as well just book the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim for $199.

RC has a package with Atlantis that includes the DIGS. It does NOT include anything else. No pools, slides, lagoons or access to the grounds

Booking thru Atlantis is Dolphin Swim only. It does NOT include anything else. You will not be allowed to view the DIGS or roam the grounds.

Blue Lagoon is likely booked solid.. they book months in advance .. and it's easter.

Also, if we decide not to do the dolphin swim, the cruise line offers the Aquaventure for $159 and access to the beaches and pools all day. Not sure if lockers are included or not.

Lockers are available for a fee.

I keep seeing posts about purchasing a day pass, but where do I buy these? I went on the Atlantis site and the only day pass available for purchase was the dolphin swim.

Day passes are availabe same day from the front desk in the Coral Tower.. availabiltity is based on occupancy. Since Atlantis is at full capacity during easter weeks, Day Passes will NOT be available

I tried booking the Comfort Suites, but when I called they said the hotel was closed for that day. Didn't know they did this?

Comfort Suites is not closed, it's booked solid. There are no additional rooms left for easter week. these book up months in advance

Any input would be greatly appreciated as far as which excursion would be best and the best price!

You may be stuck with purchasing a higher priced package from the ship.

Keep in mind that Atlantis will be overcrowded this week. Lines will be long and chairs will be scarce.

When you say Atlantis is completely booked Easter weeks, do you include April 1? We will be in port that day and it is not clear from the Atlantis web site whether or not day passes for Aquaventure will be available. The price from our cruise ship is even more outrageous than the regular ticket prices!

When you say Atlantis is completely booked Easter weeks, do you include April 1? We will be in port that day and it is not clear from the Atlantis web site whether or not day passes for Aquaventure will be available. The price from our cruise ship is even more outrageous than the regular ticket prices!

Unfortunately Atlantis doesn't divulge this information until the same day.

They factor in room occupancy and the number of ships in port.

I would certainly include April 1st in Easter weeks.. it's Palm sunday.

My guess would be that they are not going to be available that day.

Check with www.Majestictoursbahamas.com They may have some passes.

Of course.. with that being said.. Atlantis will be overcrowded and mobbed.. with long lines and no chairs.

We'll be in Nassau on May 15th from 9:30 - 6 with 2 kids (4 and 2). Would you recommend Atlantis for them? How are lines/weather this time of year? Thanks for any help you can give!

Personally, I never recommend Atlantis. It's a theme park.

I wouldn't take my kids to another country and not look for something cultural to do or see.. even if it's just the beautiful beach. But that's me.

If a waterpark is what you look for when visiting the bahamas.. then Atlantis would be it.

Weather is pretty nice.. start of the rainy season.. but should be only sprinkles. As for lines, it's hard to say. Last year we had a ton of graduation parties and summer breakers. Don't know if that will happen again this year.