Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Hey, Hey...... Now we'll get to the truth :rolleyes:

Here's some UK background music for the evil witch's testimony when they make the full length movie........ :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQIK3Te9Coo

Edited by Uniall

Just ventured into that nut's web page (we all know who he is) and he says that the bow of the ship is flipping up and down implying that it has dettached from the hull. Probably conveniently ignoring the presense of the blister tanks put there precisely to prevent that.

Just ventured into that nut's web page (we all know who he is) and he says that the bow of the ship is flipping up and down implying that it has dettached from the hull. Probably conveniently ignoring the presense of the blister tanks put there precisely to prevent that.

At the very least he is consistant. At each step of the process he says that it will never work, its impossible, etc. etc. etc., and then when it works he moves to the next thing and repeats the process.

Went to MorganMars' first post of the whack job's website, and had a look at what everyone is having fun with. It's obvious to me that he has no knowledge whatsoever of the ISM code. He says "its obvious that the company writes the ISM", of course they do. The ISM can be summed up by the statement "write what you do, do what you write". As far as the IMO is concerned, that's about it. The class societies accept the system as written by the company, and they vary between every company, and monitor compliance through audits and inspections.

To say that the ISM code protects Schettino because the shipowner is responsible is like saying you can't hold a burglar accountable because the government writes the rules, and therefore they are responsible for preventing the burglary. How insane. Anyone who has worked for a very short time under ISM comes to realize that it is used mainly as a way for the shipowner to blame EVERYTHING on the crew. The company says, "we have a policy and procedure about watertight doors at sea, and how to maneuver close to land" if the ship has an accident then "obviously the crew did not follow procedures, and are therefore responsible."

Every time we have an incident, accident, or injury onboard, the company's SQE (safety, quality, and environmental) compliance department holds a investigation using the ABS "root cause analysis" system to find the cause, and I can tell you that 90% of the root causes are "crew not following company procedures".

"Domnica Cemortan admitted the relationship after the judge at the trial of the ship's captain threatened her with charges"

So the Judge threatens her because he does not like what she says and has her Co erced into changing her story .... :eek:

Edited by sidari

"Domnica Cemortan admitted the relationship after the judge at the trial of the ship's captain threatened her with charges"

So the Judge threatens her because he does not like what she says and has her Co erced into changing her story .... :eek:

Judiciary system works a little differently in Italy. The judges are more active. From what I read this would not be a surprising turn of events during a trial in Italy.

Sidari, the evidence was pretty well established that they were having an affair. Where you may feel she was coerced into telling the truth, the judge was warning her about a charge of perjury should she lie on the witness stand. Those charges could lead to at the very least a fine, but also jail time.

When one plays with fire one should expect that it may come back and burn them.

Sid

You should try to find a way to return tp reality from Wonderland. If the looking glass is not the two way mirror type, try climbing back through a rabbit hole.

(Clue: follow the March Hare, Mad Hatter, and Alice. Warning: Don't eat the cakes at the tea party and stay away from the Queen)

John ;)

It's so much more difficult for those of you in the UK when faced with trying to escape from Alice's Wonderland. Yanks who share your problem, only have to click their heels and repeat Dorothy's saying: "I wish I were in Kansas" to return from OZ. :D

Edited by Uniall

She sure did change her "story". From lies to finally the truth. Don't forget the woman has a small child and has nothing to gain by lying under oath to protect her former lover. The judge was kind enough to remind her that there are penalties imposed for not telling the truth. I wasn't surprised Schettino's wife was nowhere to be seen and not standing by her man -- that says a whole lot!

CT, I seem to remember that in one of her interviews she indicated that she and the Captain were an "item" even tho she never came right out and admitted they were lovers. I really believe that is why the judge gave her so many chances to tell the truth.

I do find it interesting that along with suing Costa, she's also going after the Captain. In all honesty, I hope she gets 0 out of that.

Uni ... you were far too easy .... :D just off to put my Fishing rod and landing net away now ... :)

Will have a good look for the "looking glass" when we arrive in Miami after we have found our way past all the Plastic people!

Some may have seen this but I just found it in Youtube. Seems to be a documentary for TV. It is entirely passengers and crew footage before, during and after the accident. Some real hair raising moments.

I have sort of avoided watching too much of this kind of thing, because it's very, very hard to see what happened to the passengers and crew during the crash. It's also painful to keep revisiting the unmitigated disregard this captain had for the trust that was placed in him -- not only by the passengers, but by his own crew. I have been on three beautiful cruises since then, but cruising has been changed forever for me as a result of this crash. I think I will always spend some time thinking of these terrified passengers and the souls who were lost every time I am on a ship....

But, the video was very well done and is worth watching....thank you for sharing.

I saw this video from the perspective of what I would have done in a situation like this. I know there is no amount of training or preparations that will prepare you for something like this but still... But I was also looking from another perspective since I have been on two Carnival ships of similar design. Quite a bit of the footage from before the crash from various areas of the ship look so familiar even if I never set foot on the Concordia and the internal decor is completely different, but is still in essence the same design and layout of the two ships listed in my signature below, thus making it a familiar setting. Carnival Destiny was the grand daddy of this hull design.

"Ms Cemortan claimed the relationship should not be called an “affair” because it was so brief.

“Being someone’s lover means having a relationship lasting six months, not two weeks.

My relationship with him began a week after I joined the Concordia.

He was charming, an elegant man. But I don’t think I’ll ever get involved with a married man again.”

Domnica is using, what we in the legal profession call, The Santa Clause Defense: "Ho Ho Ho." :eek:

Edited by Uniall