Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Old News!

Sid

I guessed it was probably old news, since it was published and posted by USA Today three days ago. I'm sure there were ealier publication and posting sources that I would not see. But, I decided to post it just in case you guys had missed it.

John

The graphic is updated but the numbers to the left aren't.

Anchor Blocks Drilling Holes Sponsons

11 installed 21 completed 6 installed

0 to be installed 0 to be done 9 to be installed

The numbers have now been updated on the parbuckling website to match the ship graphic.

Anchor Blocks Drilling Holes Sponsons

11 installed 21 completed 8 installed

0 to be installed 0 to be done 7 to be installed

Edited by Ken711

Sid

I guessed it was probably old news, since it was published and posted by USA Today three days ago. I'm sure there were ealier publication and posting sources that I would not see. But, I decided to post it just in case you guys had missed it.

John

What I remembered when I saw the original article was that the 2 fellas behind it might be charged. The updated article that accompanied this release confirmed that they were charged with illegally recording the salvage plus landing a drone on Concordia, another no-no.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I was just reminding myself how many sites are involved with this massive project. MV Lone is now in Genoa to pick up caissons. Previous caissons were first transported from Genoa to Livorno, then picked up by MV Lone or MV Svenja.

I also found a pic in a previous progress report showing how a caisson fits (easily) in the hold of Lone (or the identical Svenja)

9355571313_3beb549594.jpg

Could it be Pioneer??

Its the only other ship identified along with Micoperi 30 on AIS although they describe her as a Dredger,but I agree with you it looks more like a barge.

Welcome back.

No, the Pioneer is the large accommodation block that has been moored inshore of the CC for quite a while. It is a dredger, but I think her main purpose on site is accommodation, and it is probably the grout pumping vessel. Typically non-powered barges do not have AIS transponders, and several of the smaller boats on site do not always show up on marine traffic.

What I remembered when I saw the original article was that the 2 fellas behind it might be charged. The updated article that accompanied this release confirmed that they were charged with illegally recording the salvage plus landing a drone on Concordia, another no-no.

The real news in this link is: This USA Today version is a heavily edited and shortened version of the original video which can be watched here:

I couldn't find anything about these guys being charged (USA Today not a site which makes search easy), do you have a link please?

They didn't land on CC (they touched it by error) But they did land on the heli deck of Micoperi 30, this bit and others were cut out in the USA Today version.

Edited by Mike.Minh

The real news in this link is: This USA Today version is a heavily edited and shortened version of the original video which can be watched here:

I couldn't find anything about these guys being charged (USA Today not a site which makes search easy), do you have a link please?

They didn't land on CC (they touched it by error) But they did land on the heli deck of Micoperi 30, this bit and others were cut out in the USA Today version.

Mike

My posted video was accessed thru a USAToday link (above)

John

Mike, it was a touch for CC and a landing on M30.

As for the arrest, it was mentioned in a Yahoo/USA article I saw one day last week with what was claimed to be "new" parts of the drone video never seen before.

As for link, sometimes I can find them and sometimes I can't. Right now it's a can't.

This link contains some photos from inside the court. Don't think I've seen them posted here as yet. If they have been, then I'm sorry, just move along.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19562516-courtroom-theater-in-surreal-saga-of-the-costa-concordia

I wasn't trying to tread on anybody's feet (for posting that link). But I found it surprising how much USA Today altered that video. And I was curios if there were any new charges brought forward against the (original) video makers. For the time being I believe there aren't any charges against them.

AFAIK, US law doesn't allow usage of drones. But this is Italy.

The court room photos are somewhat not related, but maybe I didn't realise that they were not meant to be related to the drone video. No problem.

This link contains some photos from inside the court. Don't think I've seen them posted here as yet. If they have been, then I'm sorry, just move along.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19562516-courtroom-theater-in-surreal-saga-of-the-costa-concordia

Is that net in front of the Captain in case he gets thrown overboard again?

The court room photos are somewhat not related, but maybe I didn't realise that they were not meant to be related to the drone video. No problem.

New paragraph meant for different subject.

Is that net in front of the Captain in case he gets thrown overboard again?

:p

I chuckled when I saw that too. Then I recalled it's a former theater with a possible orchestra pit.

Unfrigginbelievable!!!!! :eek:

I don't know who is interviewing Schettino but this video was uploaded a few hours ago. Makes you wonder if Schettino is aware there is a trial on September 23 at which time if he is found guilty he could face up to 20 years in jail. Not smart to be talking on YouTube to random people. :eek:

I don't know who is interviewing Schettino but this video was uploaded a few hours ago. Makes you wonder if Schettino is aware there is a trial on September 23 at which time if he is found guilty he could face up to 20 years in jail. Not smart to be talking on YouTube to random people. :eek:

CF

I'm not surprised one iota. In my experience interrogating white collar crimionals, most of them are not only sociopaths (no regard for feelings of others) but are also meglomaniacs (god complex). These traits render them incapable of believing that they have done any harm to others.

John

PS

Is that a pair of black fish net stockings stuck in the corner of the book shelf in the backgound? :rolleyes:

This may be a weird question, but does anyone know where all of the life boats went to, or what they did with them? I've just been extremely curious.

Can't say for sure, but all that made it away from the ship that night would have been collected and taken somewhere for Costa to store, and use as spares for other ships. Any that were not lowered the night of the grounding would have been removed by the salvage crew, and likely gone to the same storage.

I don't know who is interviewing Schettino but this video was uploaded a few hours ago. .....Not smart to be talking on YouTube to random people. :eek:

Random people? This was an interview by dutch talkshow hosts. http://www.eo.nl/tv/knevelenvandenbrink/artikel-detail/frederik-van-wijnen/ Gives you an opportunity to try out your dutch language skills :-)

CF

I'm not surprised one iota. In my experience interrogating white collar crimionals, most of them are not only sociopaths (no regard for feelings of others) but are also meglomaniacs (god complex). These traits render them incapable of believing that they have done any harm to others.

John

PS

Is that a pair of black fish net stockings stuck in the corner of the book shelf in the backgound? :rolleyes:

Hey there buddy.......a question!

When I still had license insurance, the first thing they told everyone in the meetings about what to do if you have a problem, was to keep your mouth shut!

Why does his attys. let him keep opening his mouth? Seems to me the more he says, the deeper the hole he is digging for himself???

AKK