Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Unfortunately, I lost track which webcams are currently best. I did look back in this thread but couldn't find anything which really shows the Concordia.

Google wasn't my friend either, plenty of search results date way back to the removal in Giglio.

A good link would be welcome. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I lost track which webcams are currently best. I did look back in this thread but couldn't find anything which really shows the Concordia.

Google wasn't my friend either, plenty of search results date way back to the removal in Giglio.

A good link would be welcome. Thanks.

Probably you are not recognizing what is left of the ship as such if you have not been following in the progress regularly and therefore cannot find it in the web cam.

For those that are seeing this for the first time or cannot find it in the webcam, use the controls below the image to zoom out all the way, then move the camera all the way to the left and then zoom in all the way. You may need to adjust up or down. The bow is still mostly intact and perfectly recognizable but almost all of the superstructure is gone and what is left is hidden from view by the sponsons. However, now that the sponsons are being removed it is becoming visible again.

Edited by luisrp

Probably you are not recognizing what is left of the ship as such if you have not been following in the progress regularly and therefore cannot find it in the web cam.

For those that are seeing this for the first time or cannot find it in the webcam, use the controls below the image to zoom out all the way, then move the camera all the way to the left and then zoom in all the way. You may need to adjust up or down. The bow is still mostly intact and perfectly recognizable but almost all of the superstructure is gone and is left is hidden from view by the sponsons. However, now that the sponsons are being removed it is becoming visible again.

But, if they take the sponsons off, it won't be visible for long, since its going to sink, right? Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

A rare update to the recycling site!

http://shiprecycling.it/stato-avanzamento-lavori-16-febbraio-2016/

February 17, 2016

Concordia dismantling and recycling operations are quickly progressing and the deck 0 is about to re-emerge.

About 200 technicians are now working on the wreck and cutting decks – from 5 to 3 – while strip out operations continue to remove internal fitting with work about to be completed on deck 2 and 1.

As the weight of the wreck becomes lighter, it is has been possible to remove also the third sponson (S3) in addition to the previous two (S1 and P1) already removed. Indeed with the weight of the wreck becoming lighter, some sponsons are not necessary anymore and also S2, on the starboard side, and P2 and 3, on the port side of the ship will be disconnected in the upcoming weeks.

Simultaneously operations are in progress to restore autonomous buoyancy to the hull so to allow to remove all the sponsons and then to transfer the wreck to dry dock where the final demolition will take place.

Lies, lies, I tell you. It's all being done on a sound stage, with smoke and mirrors. :p

Someone stop me before I join he who shall not be named. :eek:

I've done some in depth research and met with several senior officers of the Illuminati.

I have learned that one of their secret sub-societies named: Fantasy Films produced the work: "The life and death of the Costa Concordia."

They consider this work the crown jewel in their Tiara of Achievements.

Which over the years, has included: "American Astronauts on the Moon", "The JFK Assasination", "Alice in Wonderland", and "Yes, Viriginia, there is a Santa Claus"

How cool is this!! I go to the webcam site and see a ship carrying a ship.

Project1_2.jpg

At some point this is how the Concordia was going to be transported off Giglio but they decided to tow instead. This one seems to be carrying either a ferry or a small cruise ship. Not as big as Dockwise Vanguard.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ship-photos/58629?s=1

How cool is this!! I go to the webcam site and see a ship carrying a ship.

Project1_2.jpg

At some point this is how the Concordia was going to be transported off Giglio but they decided to tow instead. This one seems to be carrying either a ferry or a small cruise ship. Not as big as Dockwise Vanguard.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ship-photos/58629?s=1

It is Le Boreal

British forces based on the Falkland Islands prevented a "human tragedy" when they helped evacuate a French cruise ship crippled by major engine room fire.

All 347 passengers and crew were rescued from Le Boreal, which had lost power and was in danger of grounding on East Falkland on Wednesday.

Actually the one at Giglio is not Micoperi 30. That one was the humongous floating crane ship that was used to unload and place some of the sponsons. The one visible in the Giglio webcam is a relatively small barge. Perhaps still doing some cleanup of the botton, removing the cement bags. If I recall correctly they put more than 20,000 bags down there.

Actually the one at Giglio is not Micoperi 30. That one was the humongous floating crane ship that was used to unload and place some of the sponsons. The one visible in the Giglio webcam is a relatively small barge. Perhaps still doing some cleanup of the botton, removing the cement bags. If I recall correctly they put more than 20,000 bags down there.

Thanks for the correction. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another big chunk headed for the recycle bin.

Project2_4.jpg

Project1_3.jpg

This came from midship starboard side (the visible one) I believe from decks 4 and 3, where the lifeboats are stored and launched.

Anyone else having trouble seeing the webcam :confused: Last two days only seeing blue screen no pic. I miss my webcam :confused::)

Having the same problem, blue screen with "camera image" logo at top, last 3 days.

About a week ago I e-mail the owner of the web site because they had done some change to the Axis 214 webcam that prevented seeing the ship when zoomed in except for part of the bow. They corrected it and even adjusted it so that it was possible to pan farther to the left when zoomed in than before. The same day the owner e-mailed back telling that they were having problems with the camera and that it will probably need to be replaced. That may be the reason it is not working now.

There is another camera with view of the wreck (Axis 211M) but it cannot be zoomed in. To get to that camera click the Partridge logo at the bottom.