Affordable downtown hotel-Barcelona?

NYLady

A friend needs an affordable hotel downtown for April. Any ideas?

Just scroll back through the many earlier posts and/or use the search function. There's been lots and lots of suggestions for hotels in Barcelona. My view?

BOTTOM-LINE: There is no one perfect or "affordable" hotel for everyone in Barcelona. You have hundreds of good to very good options to consider. Prices will vary much from day-to-day depending on advance bookings, how busy will be this city, etc. Barcelona is now the world's fourth busiest cruise port, trailing only the traditional leaders in Florida. This town has a great, fairly handy and easy to use airport that is reasonable close to the main downtown. Unlike Rome and its cruise port, everything is close and handy in Barcelona. For your hotel choice, much depends on timing, pricing and what you most want to be near. Location is very important to save time and make it easier and quick to walk around and experience this great city. I would book something early, be covered. Then check back and see what other options become available at a better price, location. Consider your priorities and needs.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 60,214 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Yesterday I was using my iPhone so it was awkward to do any "search" options. I did get a long list of ideas from the NCL thread which also included Hotel Inglaterra. Having several people mention the same hotel helped her start her own search. My friend was amazed and is now a cruisecritic fan.

For myself, I'm investigating Hawaii for the first time and received such valuable help from these threads. I just love "cruisecritic"!

thanks again.

Check out the Praktik (not the one on Las Ramblas-the one in Eiaxample). Great price, clean and comfortable, good location near Placa Catalunya, restaurants, La Pedera, shopping, a short walk to Las Ramblas. We had a balcony room. The only drawback is that the hotel is pretty basic-just really basic facilities. However. we thought it was great(we usually stay in moderate-first class hotels and took a chance with this) and you can not beat the price.

Archived