swimsuits, how many?

boxermom73

I take three on our 7-day cruises. I abhor putting on a damp suit, and they take a while to dry.

Plus I ALWAYS take one in my carry-on, one in my suitcase, and one in DH's. If my suitcase was lost, I couldn't just run out and buy a swimsuit. :eek:

Robin

I take three on our 7-day cruises. I abhor putting on a damp suit, and they take a while to dry.

Plus I ALWAYS take one in my carry-on, one in my suitcase, and one in DH's. If my suitcase was lost, I couldn't just run out and buy a swimsuit. :eek:

Robin

great idea! I never thought of this!:eek: I will be putting one in my carryon from now on!!!

I have looked at every online bathing suit shop~ my problem is I'm a natural 32FF so I have a really really hard time finding tops that fit~when I go bra shopping I can try on 12 32FFs and only 1 will fit properly~ so there is no way that I can order tops online as it most likely won't fit~ there are 3 stores in my area that I can go to but again the tops alone run about $75 and up~ then the bottoms are another $60+~!

Well there are no stores in my area that I can go to. You might try buying online during a free shipping promo. It might be worth it for a good-fitting swimsuit.

I learned early in life that at five feet tall, 90 pounds, size 32DD bra, and size child's 2 shoes that fitting me wasn't going to be easy or inexpensive. :D But luckily, with time I've learned how to fit my body better and what styles look best on me.

Robin

very good idea, never thought about that!

I only *own* 2 that fit~! One of the burdens of having a 32FF:( there is just no way that I can bring myself to pay $100+ for a swimsuit!!

my mouth dropped when I read your bra size :eek: . Bless your heart!

Sometimes I wish I had bigger boobs (I've been a 34 A my whole life) but then again I can't imagine not being able to go out and just pick up what I want without getting frustrated b/c nothing fits.

I hope you find something that works out to your liking!

I hate even trying one on not to mention buying and having 8!!! I'm bringing 2 for a 7 night.

Lol I used to be like that but now I have a bathing suit addiction! I have over 10, most of them which I've never worn or only wore once and for some reason I still catch myself on Vicky Secrets searching for more!

Ladies who don't own many swimsuits, make sure that you do a "see-through check" periodically. Swimsuit fabric (even expensive swimsuits) are known to stretch and fade, giving it a see-through effect which is most noticeable over your butt crack. If you've worn the same swimsuit multiple times, go out in the sun, get your swimsuit wet, and have someone close to you tell you if they see anything you don't want visible. I've noticed this in many middle-age to older women who have probably owned the swimsuit for years.

OMG...you are so right! This happened to me last spring while vacationing in SD. I blissfully swam all afternoon in the hotel pool and it wasn't until I had rinsed the suit out and went to hang it on the shower rod that I noticed I could see through the butt!! :p Good thing I never saw those people again cause I sure gave them an eyeful!! lol

PS I usually bring 3 suits along.

I brought 3 swimsuits for a 7 day cruise. The bottoms were all solid colors and the tops could all be mixed and matched with all of the bottoms. It was nice to always have a dry swimsuit to wear.

Also, I made sure that I wore one with a little more coverage when we went snorkeling. The one I selected, had bottoms that were boy-shorts and a tankini top. I didn't want any wardrobe malfunctions. This has happened to me in the past; I was not going to let it happen again.

Next cruise, I think I may invest in a really cute one piece as well. A one piece with a cute sarong makes a nice poolside outfit.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out for the white suits as well or white in the wrong spots. I had a really cute, green and white striped one. First time I got it wet, the white became a peep show. :eek: Luckily, I was with family and they let me know about it pretty quick. Don't know if it was the material or the color, but refuse to wear one with a lot of white.

Watch out for the white suits as well or white in the wrong spots. I had a really cute, green and white striped one. First time I got it wet, the white became a peep show. :eek: Luckily, I was with family and they let me know about it pretty quick. Don't know if it was the material or the color, but refuse to wear one with a lot of white.

Really good to know that. I was thinking of purchasing a print one with a white background and I don't think it was all lined. :eek: Thanks for the tip.

Really good to know that. I was thinking of purchasing a print one with a white background and I don't think it was all lined. :eek: Thanks for the tip.

I did that at about 16, a really cute crochet one-piece, lined and everything - at a family party, attended by my crush of the moment, no less :eek:

My mom had to pull me aside to tell me and I spent the rest of the party in a borrowed suit that was older than I was...

I don't see a reason to bring more than two swimsuits: a nicer one to wear at the Lido pool, and a sturdy older one for swimming in ports. With the temperatures in the Caribbean, a wet swimsuit will dry in the sun pretty quickly. As for the concerns about wearing a damp swimsuit, it'll get completely wet anyway the moment you enter the water (pool or ocean).

I just finished packing for my 7 night cruise... 6 swimsuits made the cut! 4 bikinis and 2 tankinis. I second LittleMissMagic, I think it is a demographic thing. I am from Arizona, so ladies just tend to own more swimwear here.

I wear the bikinis towards the start of the cruise, when I am still enjoying my pre-cruise diet body... and then the tankinis are for towards the end, when all that delicious food has wreaked it's havoc on my "svelte-ness". ;) Also, I hate getting into a damp swimsuit, so I would rather pack more than I might need and not have to deal with that.

For a 7 or more night Caribbean cruise, I will take 3 suits. That way, I always have a dry suit to wear. It takes quite a while to dry the suits after washing them out in the bathroom. For our 14 night Ultimate Alaska cruise, I took 3 as well, just to make sure there was a dry one for the hot tub. For our Mediteranean cruise this Spring, I plan on taking 2 as it is so port intensive and we are not going to any beaches. I will use them for the jacuzzi to relax and rest my weary knees many days.

Archived