We want a resort with pool (Mayan Princess) but transportation ??

spleenstomper

You pay per person, no matter the age. And kids using the pools CAN be a problem during peak winter-spring months.

Remember that Infinity Bay and Mayan Princess Resorts are condo resorts. They MUST limit the number of guests frrom cruise ships if they want to keep their OWNERS happy. Can't blame them at all. We stayed as paying guests at Infinity Bay for 12 days and were glad that they strictly monitored the number of day guests. We were cruise day guests once..so I'm not knocking them. But when there are too many guests, the atmosphere changes.

We've been to the MP twice. First time we took a bodden tour, stopping at his monkey business and then the driver, Lani took us to MP for an additional $10pp for the resort use. We loved the MP so much that the next time, we used bodden tours to take us for the entire day to MP and we again requested Lani. We were happy when we arrived at the Van, and indeed had Lani. He took us to MP and we paid $20pp for the ride over, and $10pp for the resort useage. Our meal at the MP was wonderful and plentiful, for $40 it included lobster, shrimp, beef, chicken, fries and fried bananas and 4 of us ate off it, and we didn't even finish it all. We also made sure to buy Lani sodas and lunch as part of his tip. going back to the ship Lani made a stop at a local market so we could buy coffee and soda that we wanted, and he even showed us what coffee to buy instead of those small bags made up for the tourists and are way over priced. We will be back again in May, and have again requested Lani as our driver and will again go to MP for the day. Plan on getting a small boat from the beach to take us out snorkeling so it will be a bit more this time than the $30pp for the day. Which to us is a really inexpensive tour compaired to some of the ship prices to do basically the same thing.

We've been to the MP twice. First time we took a bodden tour, stopping at his monkey business and then the driver, Lani took us to MP for an additional $10pp for the resort use. We loved the MP so much that the next time, we used bodden tours to take us for the entire day to MP and we again requested Lani. We were happy when we arrived at the Van, and indeed had Lani. He took us to MP and we paid $20pp for the ride over, and $10pp for the resort useage. Our meal at the MP was wonderful and plentiful, for $40 it included lobster, shrimp, beef, chicken, fries and fried bananas and 4 of us ate off it, and we didn't even finish it all. We also made sure to buy Lani sodas and lunch as part of his tip. going back to the ship Lani made a stop at a local market so we could buy coffee and soda that we wanted, and he even showed us what coffee to buy instead of those small bags made up for the tourists and are way over priced. We will be back again in May, and have again requested Lani as our driver and will again go to MP for the day. Plan on getting a small boat from the beach to take us out snorkeling so it will be a bit more this time than the $30pp for the day. Which to us is a really inexpensive tour compaired to some of the ship prices to do basically the same thing.

BKLSMom, that sounds great! We also spent a day at the MP a few years ago, after doing the Bodden-directed zip-lining and monkey farm stop. We were woefully uninformed about where to go beach-wise, then our driver suggested the Mayan Princess. We loved the clean, quiet beach with its gentle waves, and the kids especially loved the lazy river pool.

I may just try and book your Lani since you give him such a great recommendation. We cruise this weekend (yes, I am waiting till the last minute, as usual).

I just hope we can talk the MP managers into giving us pool access again. They didn't want to the first time around, but the kids had their hearts set on it and we talked them into it ... it's a pretty far drive from the cruise port, after all, and there we were, ready to spend money on food and drink for 6 people!

All in all, we only spent a total of about 30 minutes in the pool (and nearly NO hotel guests, or anyone else, were there).

The food was excellent, I agree.

We went to Mayan last week, but we were told that guests could no longer use the pool. We didn't care though, we didn't use it.

I was there last week also and we were told the same thing, our tour guide was not happy about it and apologized for it. We still had a great time at the beach, but beware if you want to use the pool, it now seems to be for guest only.

• 2 weeks later...
I was there last week also and we were told the same thing, our tour guide was not happy about it and apologized for it. We still had a great time at the beach, but beware if you want to use the pool, it now seems to be for guest only.

I didn't know that they stopped allowing day users to use the pool, but that isn't a deal breaker for us as we have a pool in the back yard:D:D We love the beach at MP, and the restaurant in the shade is nice and relaxing and food generous and delish!! We did ask to see a few of the rooms at MP and they gladly show them to us and gave us a brochure on their packages. We do plan on flying to Roatan one day and staying aat MP for a week. The folks there are wonderful, the rooms are clean and well stocked and large. They will even have your fridge and cabinets stocked with food for you before you arrive if you like.

We already have our driver, Lany, booked through Victor Bodden, and he confirmed that we will indeed have Lany. So excited to see him again, he feels like a friend of the family!! Nice man, quiet and mannered. Full of information of his home, and willing to make your day as enjoyable for you as you want. Last time we were there and bought him lunch, he saved his french fries to take home to his kids, he said they don't get a treat like that often and he wanted to make them happy. We told him to eat his own fries and we ordered 2 extra orders for him to take home to them. I am planning on buying a large bag of candy at Sams club to bring to Lany for his children. A treat they rarely get to have.

Trying to estimate beach time. If our ship arrives at 8, when are we likely to arrive at West Bay if we do the island tour and stop at the monkey farm? Then what time do we have to leave the beach to comfortably make our 3:00 sail away?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

Not able to use the pool would be a deal breaker for us...my kids love pools!

If anyone is going soon, please report back on this! Thanks.

I emailed Mayan Princess about being able to use their pool or not and this was their response....

Good Morning Mrs. Tracey, For 2013 we do not have our day pass rates yet, but yes cruise ship passenger can use the pool, just that we does secure half of the pool area for our hotel guest. Regards Victoria Connor Reservations Manager reservations@mayanprincess.com Mobile: +(504) 9486-0381 / Skype: mayanprincessbeachresort

Sent from myTouch 4g using Tapatalk

I emailed Mayan Princess about being able to use their pool or not and this was their response....

Good Morning Mrs. Tracey, For 2013 we do not have our day pass rates yet, but yes cruise ship passenger can use the pool, just that we does secure half of the pool area for our hotel guest. Regards Victoria Connor Reservations Manager reservations@mayanprincess.com Mobile: +(504) 9486-0381 / Skype: mayanprincessbeachresort

Sent from myTouch 4g using Tapatalk

Well that is good to know....I think I will print this out just in case they say "no pool" then I can whip this out....LOL

Well that is good to know....I think I will print this out just in case they say "no pool" then I can whip this out....LOL

You have to understand that policy changes from day to day depending on the vacancy rate at the resort (Mayan and Infinity) and the number of cruisers/tourist looking for day passes. ie: Rates are lower for day passes in off season. The number of day passes "allowed" is much fewer on days that the resort is fuller. Everything is based on the pleasure and comfort of the condo owners and the resort's paying overnight guests. You can't blame the resort for keeping the money spending guests happy. ;) If there are rawdy day guests/kids on the grounds or in the pool, they will be asked to leave if an owner complains. Keep a low profile, and there will be no problems. ;)

If visiting Roatan during Jan-Easter, and a swimming pool is a deal breaker, then don't prepay for the pass. Wait till you get there and find out if the pool is off limits that day. You can't get refunds when prepurchasing.

Archived