Just got back. Sapphire beach review

kentuckychris

I personally find smugmug harder to figure out on the settings, however it looks A LOT better of course and it can do a lot more. Flickr is pretty easy to use but not very appealing when others looks at your pictures. If I had to chose, I would do smugmug.

I have a 2 week trial on SmugMug and so far I haven't had any problems. I do like the looks of that one, too. Thanks!:)

Hi there

Ok So reading all the great reviews about Sapphire Beach .. We are going on the Carnival Dream in 2 weeks stopping in St Thomas This beach sounds wonderful.. How is it for kids?? We will have two families and 5 kids in tow.. We were thinking of going over to Trunk Bay . But this sounds like it less crowded and easier to get too. :D

Thanks

Hi there

Ok So reading all the great reviews about Sapphire Beach .. We are going on the Carnival Dream in 2 weeks stopping in St Thomas This beach sounds wonderful.. How is it for kids?? We will have two families and 5 kids in tow.. We were thinking of going over to Trunk Bay . But this sounds like it less crowded and easier to get too. :D

Thanks

It is nice for kids. Take them to the sandy areas a way from the rocks, especially if there are any waves. They will enjoy seeing all the curious fish. The slope is very gentle.

I have seen a $10 pp taxi right outside ship but there is talk of another cheaper option, where do you pick up this option from getting off the ship as we have a family of 4 and this would be a great savings

I don't know where you saw a $10 taxi to Sapphire as the fares are set by the state. I would be suspicious of that. I know there is a bus, but with limited time in port I would not go that way. Sapphire is a good hike from the ship, even in a taxi.

edit: Actually, the rate is $10 from Charlotte Amalie to Sapphire for 2+ people - one way. That is what they were probably advertising. It may be a bit more from Crown Bay. Here is a list of taxi prices.

Yes taxi from havensight is $11 or $10 for 2 or more.

The "$2 bus" is another option but not very regular and you will have to walk from the entrance to any beach to the beach. There are also unlicensed taxis. I recommend using the licensed taxis as the price isn't unreasonable and they're safer.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived