~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Thanks, we just watched the Oasis sail away. What a massive ship...too big for us but fun to watch. I think it would takes us months to explore & fully appreciate her size. We prefer something a little smaller. Still it's fun to dream.

I just checked the weather. It says 75 for with an 18-26 mph wind. Couple that with the clouds and it may not be feeling very warm. When we were on Navigator is started feeling real cool as soon as we got to the end of the inlet to the port.

Thanks, we just watched the Oasis sail away. What a massive ship...too big for us but fun to watch. I think it would takes us months to explore & fully appreciate her size. We prefer something a little smaller. Still it's fun to dream.

Oasis was an awesome ship to experience.

The camera view has been very "watery" for me the last couple of days. It is better today than yesterday, though. While I am not glad to know other people are having these issues I am relieved that it is not my computer!:cool: The sound kept cutting out, but it was like they turned it on as each ship sailed past and blew the horn.

They were surely partying hardy on the Carnival Freedom, LOL! It was the only ship I could clearly hear the music and the "charge!" by the passengers as they sailed past.:D

Most people who say its too big haven't been on it ;) I didn't find it too big, but big enough to go back and see what I missed.

2 weeks from yesterday our Facebook friend and roll call member from our Freedom cruise (top 3 of all time Freedom roll calls 6000+ posts) will be on Oasis, I'm inviting her to this thread.

2 weeks from yesterday our Facebook friend and roll call member from our Freedom cruise (top 3 of all time Freedom roll calls 6000+ posts) will be on Oasis, I'm inviting her to this thread.

Morning Bill~ look forward to her visiting us here :) Does she have a wave scheduled? :)

This morning I woke up at 5/5:30am thirsty and while I was up having a glass of water I decided to tune into the web cam to see if the Allure was in port yet! She was! Any idea what time she regularly docks on sunday mornings? We will be on her next SUNDAY! I havent missed a sail away on the web cam since we booked end of January!! Thrilled that this time next week we will be on our way to terminal 18!!! :)

This morning I woke up at 5/5:30am thirsty and while I was up having a glass of water I decided to tune into the web cam to see if the Allure was in port yet! She was! Any idea what time she regularly docks on sunday mornings? We will be on her next SUNDAY! I havent missed a sail away on the web cam since we booked end of January!! Thrilled that this time next week we will be on our way to terminal 18!!! :)

When we were on Navigator last month we were sailing through the inlet to Port Everglades at 4:30 AM and Allure was following us in.

Morning Bill~ look forward to her visiting us here :) Does she have a wave scheduled? :)

Yes, she said she did, I think she told me she would be on her deck 11 balcony with her OSU flag. For those in Oregon or Oklahoma, I don't feel the need to clarify that this is THE OSU flag :p

I had our wake up call at 6am that Sunday morning and immediately got up and we were already docked. I think I've read 5:45am

The port schedule on the Port Everglades webcam site is showing she docked at 5:02 am. If you go to http://www.portfever.com which archives the traffic that passes the webcam it shows Allure of the Seas passing the cam about 5:17am

She is pretty consistent but like I said you can check out previous Sundays on the archives to get a general idea :)

Yes, she said she did, I think she told me she would be on her deck 11 balcony with her OSU flag. For those in Oregon or Oklahoma, I don't feel the need to clarify that this is THE OSU flag :p

Counting on you to remind us here on this thread in 2 weeks!! :)

What about the Port Of Miami web cam? Can't find the link anymore?

The team that brings you the great cam views from Port Everglades, FtLauderdale and NY Harbor do not presently have a webcam at the Port of Miami.

I am not aware of any others at the Miami port. I do recall one years ago that I would watch before my Freedom of the Seas inaugural voyage in 2006.

The Miami one was by the newspaper there, its been down 3 years I think.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Miami Herald comes to mind as does Wachovia or something like that:rolleyes::D

That was cool to watch the Soltice sail away. They zoomed in a couple that were hanging some sort of flag or towel with an insignia on it. I couldn't make it out though?

Think it was from a University but not 100% sure.

Thanks Emmy for the link. We have friends that left on Allure today and I told them about the webcam. They made a sign, which unfortunately did not show up well, but I knew what deck they were on and we saw they jumping and wavy from their balcony so we called them on our cell.