What do we get to eat at Cirque?

mdtcoll

What is the meal and how is it?

Thanks. Leaving in 27days!!

As I recall, a choice of chicken or steak entree. Not much different than what you'd get in the MDR, with fewer choices. Totally unimpressed with the whole thing, including most of the show.

But our Epic cruise was a year and half ago; the ship was fairly new - let's hope it's improved since then.

As I recall, a choice of chicken or steak entree. Not much different than what you'd get in the MDR, with fewer choices. Totally unimpressed with the whole thing, including most of the show.

But our Epic cruise was a year and half ago; the ship was fairly new - let's hope it's improved since then.

Well it also could be a matter of taste regarding the show. There have been (even that long ago) wonderful reviews on the cirque show.

We went to one show on the Star our last cruise. The performers had talent I will give them that, but were really totally unimpressed by the show and actually I just about fell asleep a couple of times. But when I returned many posters from my cruise and others in that time frame raved about how wonderful it was. So I just figured maybe it just wasn't our thing :)

The original show did offer selections such as chicken or beef. But because of the negative reviews of the food, NCL changed the menu. They serve shrimp/beef tenerloin and some cheesey mashed potatoes. The food is ok and MDR quality. Nothing special but I think the price is for the performance more than the food.

Is there a non-shellfish and/or vegetarian alternative?

Yes, your waiter will ask if you would like what is printed on the menu or if you would like the Vegetarian offering. No one around us ordered it, so I didn't get to see what it was.

The App is a chicken skewer, the Main is Tenderloin, Shrimp, Carrot, Potato Gratin. The Dessert is a Trio of Chocolate treats.

The show is just an overwhelming experience and the food is just something to nibble on. I forgot to eat the dessert because of the show. It was that great!

I was on the Epic in November and I agree with everyone else that the food was so so. My suggestion would be to eat elsewhere and say no thanks to the food and just watch the show.

Jokelady

Totally agree. We ate a snack beforehand and was glad we did....show was good, food was worst we had onboard.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you tell me what ships this is offered on and the cost, if any?

Only offered on the Epic. Believe the cost has gone up to $25 for regular seating and $35 for premium seating.

I thought the food and service were very good. I have a seafood and shellfish allergy and the server went out of her way to make sure that there wouldn't be any cross contamination.

Here is the menu:

IMG_0472

There is also a vegetarian choice -- pasta.

Yes the price is now $25 for standard and $35 for premium. The Cirque is in out town this week and tickets start at $65, so even at $35 not bad (though not sure if length is the same) Some one above mentioned that standard is only in the back booths, and I can confirm that is where we were seated. THat really reduces the amount of standard seats, so if want cheaper seats sign up early! It also explains why the premium line was so long everytime I went by and no line at standard.

We really enjoyed the show and view was a bit blocked but not bad and really got to interact with the characters. The costumes were outdtanding. We thought the food was decent.

Archived