Dawn 2013 Canada - How long until we know the truth???

alwalaska

4 weeks of cruises for the Dawn have disappeared from the NCL web site and 4 or 5 other cruise web sites I have checked.

This weekend one of the other people on our roll call had their TA call NCL to ask about it when they noticed it was missing. They said that there was a Stop Sell on the cruises, but didn't have more info. It could mean dry dock - computer problems (I'm hoping) - the entire ship being booked - etc.

My TA also called and got a different answer. (I wasn't surprised). She was told that the remaining rooms have been sold to large groups and that over time some rooms would free up again.

Based on past experience, how long does it usually take when things like this happen before the truth is actually known.

These 4 weeks are the only 1 way Canada/New England trips that NCL was offering. There are already more people booked on our B2B then were on my May Bermuda cruise until just a few weeks ago. I have a hard time imagining them picking those weeks to do a dry dock when the cruise is likely to sell out, and Bermuda the weeks prior to and after those cruises are selling for lower prices and aren't booking up as fast.

I know I am still a long way out, but I was soooo excited about this cruise and I don't like the itinerary for the Gem out of NY.

mostly like, there could be a some port logistics issues that NCL needs to finalized or something similar. If there does need to be a port change, it is easier to do it when no new bookings has been made on that ship

Thanks. I would much prefer a port change to a who cruise change. :)

I noticed this too over the weekend. We are already booked (at a great room rate) and I hope our cruise is not cancelled. All four week of this cruise are gone from the NCL webpage. When I check our reservation, that still exists.

That's a big group if they can book it up for four straight weeks. Of course, this is a popular cruise.

I've been checking these cruises for 2013, and I also noticed that the Gem won't be doing, the 10 night roundtrip from NYC to Quebec. I keep hoping that they will add it later. The one way on the Dawn is appealing, but the 10 day Gem us much more cost effective...

Archived