Mid ship balconies on deck 7 - info. please!

RosieRuby

Hello everyone

Can anyone help me please. We have heard that the view when sitting down on your balcony (mid ship on deck 7) is limited due to the lower part of the balcony railing being solid metal, rather than all struts.

Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Many thanks

RosieRuby:)

Hi RosieRuby. I've had both and to be honest didn't notice a great deal of difference. "Limited" is too strong a word. You still get a fine view from the balcony with more metalwork at the bottom, but your view of the sea when say lying on the bed may be slightly more restricted. I took a shot of the open balcony, but unfortunately haven't got a comparative of the other. Depending upon availability I'd have either and it wouldn't be a deal breaker:

2461714270054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Hi

Thank you so much for your responses .......we've gone ahead and booked now - Spain to Brazil on 2 December ............so excited!

Rosieruby - true Azamarians!!!!:):)

I think we'll be joining you. Just put a courtesy hold on a V2 veranda. Will decide by Saturday. Very unique itinerary.

Hi Rosie...

I think the comments about balconies being more difficult to view over where the suites fully aft and forward for those individuals that are on the petite side.

I have a video on our youtube channel that I've posted in the past in which I show the difference of midship balcony and other balconys on Azamara ships.

Have you seen that video?

K.

"I think the comments about balconies being more difficult to view over where the suites fully aft and forward for those individuals that are on the petite side. I have a video on our youtube channel that I've posted in the past in which I show the difference of midship balcony and other balconys on Azamara ships."

Hello,

I have booked cabin 7012 which is forward on the Journey. Does anyone know if this has the solid bottom balcony? Where would I find the youtube video?

Thanks!

Deb

"I think the comments about balconies being more difficult to view over where the suites fully aft and forward for those individuals that are on the petite side. I have a video on our youtube channel that I've posted in the past in which I show the difference of midship balcony and other balconys on Azamara ships."

Hello,

I have booked cabin 7012 which is forward on the Journey. Does anyone know if this has the solid bottom balcony? Where would I find the youtube video?

Thanks!

Deb

Deb,

In reponse to your question...

I took a video of us tendering to the ship from Sorrento.

Towards the end of the video as we approached the ship I pointed out the difference of the cabin balconies that are on the sides of the ship.

You can view it on our Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/OurPassportStamps

Hello everyone

Can anyone help me please. We have heard that the view when sitting down on your balcony (mid ship on deck 7) is limited due to the lower part of the balcony railing being solid metal, rather than all struts.

Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Many thanks

RosieRuby:)

We really liked our Azamara cruise. But my mother is a lite sleeper. We went for rooms 7091 and 7093. These are the 1st 2 Aft rooms with all rail balconies. In the room and hall you could here a humming sound. The sound got less the futher you went forward. Our next Azamara cruise we will book mid rooms. Richard

We really liked our Azamara cruise. But my mother is a lite sleeper. We went for rooms 7091 and 7093. These are the 1st 2 Aft rooms with all rail balconies. In the room and hall you could here a humming sound. The sound got less the futher you went forward. Our next Azamara cruise we will book mid rooms. Richard

Hi Richard,

I booked 7100 and from your description it sounds like it may not be a good idea. Did the humming get louder as you went toward the stern? Was it continuous? Was it annoying? I really like to sit and look out on the balcony and would probably be disappointed if the view was blocked, so I'm trying to weigh noise vs view. My option is to go almost all the way forward on deck 7. Do you know any pluses or minuses for the forward cabins - other than the solid bottom balconies? Info is so appreciated.

Deb

Either deck has okay verandas. I was in 7014 on a cruise. The forward cabin had a slight ( 1foot) solid part at the bottom of the railing. It didn't block the view. It was in a very good location....very quiet. I actually liked it better than my midship locations on other cruises. Deck 7 is a great place to be. It's between 2 decks of cabins. Deck 6 is noisier. Deck 7 also has the self laundry.

Archived