Taking alcohol on board

stevet2607

Re wine in MDR, apparently P&O serves half litre carafes of house vino for a resaonable price. Do us.

Not sure if its fleet wide or not but on Ventura at New Year they had dropped the litre carafes and half litre carafes so house wine now only available as a glass or bottle. Shame really as we liked the half litre carafes too and they were good value.

Not sure if its fleet wide or not but on Ventura at New Year they had dropped the litre carafes and half litre carafes so house wine now only available as a glass or bottle. Shame really as we liked the half litre carafes too and they were good value.

Thanks kevinyork, maybe bottle of house vino then, no worries mate.

York, a lovely city, been there a couple of times, YorkMinster, the city walls, the rail museum, the 'shambles.' Lubberly Jubberly. And as for the Tetley Bitter I tried a few years ago when I drank beer, mothers milk !

Thanks Barry, the large flower vase of red in the MDR and no drinking the metho disguised as white wine at the Captain's turnout. LOL. According to P&O wine list the 'house wine' is from Calfornia. Well post cruise we will be going to San Francisco for 8 nights, including a Napa Valley wine tour.

Message received and understood.

At some point I understand the house wine will change to ones selected by Ollie Smith, as on Azura I'm the glass house. There should be an improvement.

Gan Canny

Dai

At the present time both Ventura and Azura now have Duty Free shops for Booze. Think they are going to bring this in fleet wide.

There is no need to take your own as the prices are cheaper than some Supermarkets.

Things like Gordons Gin at £10 per litre bottle.

Three Barrels Brandy at £8 per litre bottle.

Teachers Whisky at £8 per litre bottle.

So why bother to carry it.

We have just sailed on Azura and for those who have been on her before, if you remember the small shop in the Atrium that sold glass and such, well they have changed this into a Duty Free Booze and Tobacco shop.

You can still buy the mixers from your Cabin Steward and you still get 12 for the price of 9, think they were £7.65 for 12. You choose which you want, Tonic, Coke, Lemonade etc.

And you could get two one litre bottles of gin/vodka/rum for £15, two bottles Teachers for £12 and two Three Barrels Brandy for £12, why take it with you.

And you could get two one litre bottles of gin/vodka/rum for £15, two bottles Teachers for £12 and two Three Barrels Brandy for £12, why take it with you.

Crikey cheap as chips. Thanks for the prices.

Crikey cheap as chips. Thanks for the prices.

Sorry to tell you but these were the starting offers on Ventura. Not the prices now.

I fell foul on Aurora at Christmas.:mad:

Still £10 a Ltr. is cheap enough.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sorry to tell you but these were the starting offers on Ventura. Not the prices now.

I fell foul on Aurora at Christmas.:mad:

Still £10 a Ltr. is cheap enough.

Gan Canny

Dai

Thanks Dai, still cheap, £10 that is AU$15. One pays $30 for a 700 ml bottle of Teachers at the local liquor outlet here and that is one special !

At those P&O prices - 'the more you drink the more you save!' (Did a Scotsman write that quote or an Australian? LOL.

Now Gai Canny, what does that mean again?

Just remember that operations to fix Cirrhosis of the Liver are very costly!! :D:D

Barry

Thanks Barry, if I contract that disease on cruise, can I get it fixed up on the Travel Insurance? Or would Medicare or my Private Health Insurance pay? LOL.

Thanks Dai, still cheap, £10 that is AU$15. One pays $30 for a 700 ml bottle of Teachers at the local liquor outlet here and that is one special !

At those P&O prices - 'the more you drink the more you save!' (Did a Scotsman write that quote or an Australian? LOL.

Now Gai Canny, what does that mean again?

Wot cheor, marra

Now, the greeting is "Gan Canny", & comes from just south of the border and means "go well" canny means 'good' and not the Scottish version ie 'careful with money'

So Gan Canny Hinny

Yes, yes, I think we are all agreed that spirits are pretty reasonable onboard so why take them with you... but Wine and champagne is not cheap onboard, infact a glass of wine is around £5, and for cabin drinking you would have to wait for room service yawn, yawn. The opening thread was also a question on wine too and I still say if you want some for cabin drinking it is much cheaper to take on a few bottles or a wine box at Southampton...ofcourse if flying probably not worth it.

Hi Sue,

The shop is where the internet room was. In the corner on the opposite the coffers shop. Or at least that was where I was told it was going to be on Azura. And it was said to be in the same place on Ventura. Remember this is now run by Hardings as are the other shops.

Gan Canny

Dai

Thanks Dai, was last on Ventura in March last year. That cyber room was a lovely space but I can imagine a shop there would do well, I suppose the cyber room is now a pokey side room somewhere else on the ship? -

and can you buy wine at around £5 a bottle like at my local Sainsburys (On offer from £10 a bottle ?) And can you buy a winebox of decent Chardonnay/Chenin blanc for £16? (Holds 16 med glasses).

Thanks Dai, was last on Ventura in March last year. That cyber room was a lovely space but I can imagine a shop there would do well, I suppose the cyber room is now a pokey side room somewhere else on the ship? -

and can you buy wine at around £5 a bottle like at my local Sainsburys (On offer from £10 a bottle ?) And can you buy a winebox of decent Chardonnay/Chenin blanc for £16? (Holds 16 med glasses).

Of course you know I do not drink:rolleyes: So the price does not affect me.:cool:

Gan Canny

:cool:

Dai

Archived