Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Pride in Port Canaveral Today

Radio

And I hope someone told them it was a SHIP,not a boat;)

I knew I liked you!!! :)

That is my pet peeve when people call it a boat! :eek: :eek:

Well, we could get technical, I suppose. Among sailing vessels, the distinction between ships and boats is that a ship is a square-rigged craft with at least three masts, and a boat isn't. With regard to motorized craft, a ship is a large vessel intended for oceangoing or at least deep-water transport, and a boat is anything else.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/754/whats-the-difference-between-a-boat-and-a-ship

The most basic difference between a Boat and a Ship is that Ships are larger than boats. While Ships are vessels involved in transoceanic trips and deep water transport, and have one regular main deck, boats are smaller vessels generally sticking nearer to the coast and more often on the surface of rivers and lakes.

http://www.marine-knowledge.com/boat_engineering/ship-vs-boat-the-comparison.html

Special thanks goes out to Radio for keeping us updated and the pics

Now on the the Fox News issue. I only found out about this news out of CC. Here in Orlando and Central Florida it was not on the local news at all. My question to those guests was there anything damaged on the ship due to the storm?

A few months ago here in Florida we had a Major Storm (I would like to say Tropical). RCCL Freedom left PC first and hit a storm that was bigger and badder than expected. There was some damage on the inside of Freedom. Disney and Carnival stayed put at PC till the early the next day. RCCL Freedom actually listed badly if I remember and was rocked around alot more than Enchantment ever was.

These people that didn't like getting a free cruise should have been on Freedom that stormy night.

"no one slept and no one ate". :rolleyes:

This must be one of the Cruise Critic's quotes of the year.

Gee, I wonder what all the waiters, assistant waiters, and cabin stewards did with all their free time, since there were no meals to serve or beds to make up!! ;)

Let's all remember that this is "FOX News"...Everyone knows they have the worst reputation as "anything other than the news". They are the worst at reporting news.

Atleast that is how they are known here in NY. But I'm guessing since it's one big company their company standards are spread throughout the nation.

Fox is the number one network on TV.

UPDATE FROM ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS:

Hello everyone. .. I just received an email from TPKeller, on board Enchantment of the Seas.

It appears that everything is going well, and they will be heading over the Chesapeake Bay bridge Tunnel soon. . . Below is his email:

Radio

;);)

Hey! We should be on the ship tracking websites by now. We're slowly approaching the CBBT. Captain just announced something about a medical emergency, but was not specific on whether they would be dropped with the pilot or early in Baltimore. We're following a cargo ship of some kind right now, fairly close ahead.

I saw the post on that news story... if it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny. I responded on the roll call thread, that was where I saw it first.

I have not heard any reports of the cruise line subsidising anyone's trip home. There would be no reason for them to. I even heard a rumor (and that is all it was, no official report) that those who left were not being refunded the cruise fare. That makes sense to me, that would be the policy for anyone who chose to leave a regular cruise for no reason.

Just back now, they just offloaded the medical emergency... looked like a pilot boat, but without PILOT on the side. Amazing thing to see. Ship stopped, they put the guy in one of those steel gurneys and handed him out the door, then he was able to walk into the inside of the boat. Everyone on deck 5 applauded when they were done. They had a paramedic crew with them.

So we are heading toward the CBBT again. Looks like we will be in a little early, unless we go really slow all night.

Talk to you soon.

I couldn't get the video to load but I read the brief paragraph they had. I wonder if the news realizes how dumb that one sentence sounds.......

"The storm was so bad, it snowed" REALLY:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just don't get it.

I would love to see it snow next Monday as we are sailing through the Chesapeake. I think it would look beautiful.............but I don't think that will happen since the tempurature is going to be in the 60's on Monday!

WooHoo! Looking forward to a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now it is the strength of a storm that makes it snow?

Enchantment of the Seas is Home !

I am happy that things work out well for most passengers.

I will be waiting for additional reports on a review of the Cruise.

Radio

;);)

EN22712A.jpg

I was on Enchantment for the Feb 18 cruise.

First, I like Fox news and am stating what I think is fair and balanced.

1. Yes we were late leaving Baltimore

2. Yes we were probably the slowest ship afloat due to mechanical problems (yes things mechanical due have malfunctions).

3. Yes we ran into a storm for a day or so, but weather happens.

4. Yes we were 2 days late arriving in Port Canaveral.

5. Yes we missed 2 port calls - Key West and Cococay.

6. Yes we returned home safe and sound as scheduled.

7. Yes our Captain Gus Andersson was capable, personable and informative. (He is now my second favorite next to Capt Johnny).

8. Yes we had accomodations: bed, food, showers, entertainment, booze, slots and mostly happy cruisers.

9. Yes we cruised free. YES FREE!

10. Yes I will cruise RCI again and can't wait.

Now the negatives.

1. No, no enough of the disgruntled sour types left the ship in PC. Was a few left on board much to our dismay.

This was one of the most enjoyable cruises I have been on, as most took the problems in stride and made the best of a bad situation.

Thanks to Capt Gus and the crew of the Enchantment and of course RCI management.

Archived