Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Pride in Port Canaveral Today

Radio

Tanks Radio for starting a new thread.

The Baltimore News station carried a story line last night of the Enchantment. There was a couple from Annapolis that was on the ship and left in PC to come back home.

I was VERY angry watching the story, they were reporting things like "Can you believe we went into a storm and it snowed?" I mean please people it is February on the East Coast, snow happens.

Then they had a shot of the sign for closing the decks, I have seen the decks closed for a number of reasons on other cruises, and

finally they showed a picture of the Water Packets on the floor from the life boats, and the crew was also doing this on the Feb 6th departure from Baltimore, so I asked what was going on, and the packets had expired and they were replacing them, it had nothing to do with the cruise itself.....

Anyway, glad we are back on..

I noticed one of the posters on the closed thread was from Annapolis. This happened to be one of the complainers that said they disembarked in PC. Interesting.....

Sounds to me like the reporter was attempting to find a nightmare story to follow up the Concordia disaster. They always find the people that say what they want to report and they tend to overlook others that have a different viewpoint.

Personally, I think those that left the ship in PC missed out since it was a FREE cruise! Has that ever happened before??? I still do not understand why RCI was so generous. There were some problems yes but to give a full refund!!! Wow!!

Here it is :

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_12286.shtml?wap=0&

Really sensationalized beyond belief........Cruise Nightmare?

perhaps this article was by Peggy???

anyway.. HELLLLOOO People you are cruising from baltimore in the WINTER!! and also.. HELLLLOOO you are cruising from Baltimore going thru cape hatteras.. which is notorious for high seas even during the beautiful summer.. 2 reasons why I will never cruise from Baltimore and I live here!

I agree, wish they would interview the people on return, but you know they will pick only the people who are unhappy.:cool:

That is the whole point. People having a good time is not "news". If the people only said they were scared the story would never have seen the light of day. Why do you think you only hear from the people who are in mortal danger?

Passengers on a cruise ship had a great time. News at eleven.

Followed by, our station has an opening for station manager. Qualified applicants should send their resume to ...

perhaps this article was by Peggy???

anyway.. HELLLLOOO People you are cruising from baltimore in the WINTER!! and also.. HELLLLOOO you are cruising from Baltimore going thru cape hatteras.. which is notorious for high seas even during the beautiful summer.. 2 reasons why I will never cruise from Baltimore and I live here!

I totally agree with you,that is the reason I always fly to florida to get on a cruise and I also live in Baltimore and hate to fly.I would NEVER leave from here in winter months,I usually go in April just seems to be a good time for me.

I just sent an email to Fox 45 requesting that the reporter find out the entire story. I mentioned that I was sailing next week and had been following the story and that the couple failed to mention the "free" part of the cruise. I suggested they do a fact check with the USCG.

I totally agree with you,that is the reason I always fly to florida to get on a cruise and I also live in Baltimore and hate to fly.I would NEVER leave from here in winter months,I usually go in April just seems to be a good time for me.

I live in NY and did a last minute cruise out of NY in the SUMMER and it just was not as pleasant as being in the caribbean. It was much colder, especially with the winds. The Northeast is known for our cold winters and the past few years have seen even Georgia, North & South Carolina etc have wintery weather. Why was anyone shocked that they encountered bad weather?

I guarantee that I would be giving the cruise line high praise if they had given me a free cruise ... are you listening RCI? Just give me a chance to show my gratitude!!

I went to rccl.com and sent praise, that even though I wasn't sailing, I love how they handled the situation. Maybe we all should do that.. a little feedback to make their day.

I just sent an email to Fox 45 requesting that the reporter find out the entire story. I mentioned that I was sailing next week and had been following the story and that the couple failed to mention the "free" part of the cruise. I suggested they do a fact check with the USCG.

I hope all the pax that are having a great time will also do this.

these folks just wanted to complain. Can't get the video of the story to load now.

I think there are a few lessons learned here for new cruisers...don't book your first cruise from Baltimore without doing your research (the waters getting from Baltimore to the Caribbean can be very rough)...don't book a cruise from Baltimore in the winter (weather is unpredictable)...don't cheap out on your vacation (pay the airfare and get yourself to a cruise port in Florida to prevent weather problems...but weather in Florida and the Caribbean can be just as unpredictable)...don't expect everything related to your cruise vacation to be perfect (stuff happens).

For now I think the folks on this cruise need to take a deep breath and get over it...you got your money back and a free cruise to boot. If you made the decision to leave the ship and go home, that is your own problem, not Royal Caribbean's!

Good for you, I also sent a nasty email about getting the facts right before they reported such garbage.

I couldn't get the video to load but I read the brief paragraph they had. I wonder if the news realizes how dumb that one sentence sounds.......

"The storm was so bad, it snowed" REALLY:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just don't get it.

I would love to see it snow next Monday as we are sailing through the Chesapeake. I think it would look beautiful.............but I don't think that will happen since the tempurature is going to be in the 60's on Monday!

WooHoo! Looking forward to a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope all the pax that are having a great time will also do this.

Good for you. What people won't do for attention.:rolleyes: Like you said no mention that they got a full refund and also that the ship did not leave until the next morning after being cleared by the Coast Guard after inspection. I love the part about the storm and it started snowing. Truly amazing.

I also emailed the news station.

I do have a problem with the poster who made a comment about it being Fox.

Please, keep that out of it. The Fox network does good reporting. This station is simply an affiliate and obviously the reporter didn't do her job properly.

Let's all remember that this is "FOX News"...Everyone knows they have the worst reputation as "anything other than the news". They are the worst at reporting news.

Atleast that is how they are known here in NY. But I'm guessing since it's one big company their company standards are spread throughout the nation.

Everyone knows? Really? I missed that because I didnt know. Although I dont agree with this small time affiliate's piece, I think they have a great reputation for reporting news that hasnt been rewritten/revised/approved by lobbists. Just sayin...

This is why i dont cruise out of NJ or NY anymore. Know-it-alls.

Sounds to me like the reporter was attempting to find a nightmare story to follow up the Concordia disaster. They always find the people that say what they want to report and they tend to overlook others that have a different viewpoint.

Personally, I think those that left the ship in PC missed out since it was a FREE cruise! Has that ever happened before??? I still do not understand why RCI was so generous. There were some problems yes but to give a full refund!!! Wow!!

I.M.O... RCI decided to refund the guests their $$ as early as they did (Monday am) so that they could basically make this a 'repair' cruise.

One of those 'sorry folks, we have to fix the ship.' Here is your money back, we are now going to do what WE need to do in order to fix the ship. Thank you for your understanding. Please enjoy the rest of your trip...

I'm sailing on her this Monday... I won't be online while sailing, but will definately be putting up a review after.

Hello everyone. . . I received an email from Cruise Critic member, TPKeller last night who is sailing this week on Enchantment of the Seas.

Some of his comments are:

"Heard nothing on the repair efforts last night. Two hours after we left PC, the captain stopped all the engines and we were dead in the water for about 2 hours. Many people didn't even notice, but there were a few standing around on Deck 5 looking over the side. It had a bit of a "Titanic-esque" feeling about it, since nobody had a clue what was going on. :-)

I had made my way to the stern and was chatting with some folks when the engines came back on. Everyone was pleased to see two wakes! But the port wake was still not as strong as the starboard. Almost, and much improved, but not 100%. We were soon up to 19.5 mph, and by today we were up to 21.5 mph.

Despite the two hour delay, we arrived in Nassau at 3PM as had been scheduled.

Still planning to leave at 11AM on Friday, so all back on board at 10:30. The "beach people" aren't thrilled with this schedule, but spirits seem to be fairly high after being off the ship for two days in a row.

I suspect by Monday morning, everyone will be ready to be home and back off again."

He sent another email today, just before sail away this morning. . .

"We're leaving asap (scheduled for 11) because of 3 ships waiting to get in here!"

Captain just said we'll be in Baltimore on time.

Now it's time for a relaxing 2 days at see. . . I hope they enjoy the warm weather for a few hours ! I want to sail on Enchantment again. . .Soon :)

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the update Radio..

Hmmm I think next time I sail out of NJ/MD and they close the decks due to wind/rain/bouncing, etc (LIKE-DUH they have done this on MOST cruises I've taken out of Bayonne....big deal) I am going to call a news station...and if I can't get my potato croquettes, same thing....

Must really be a slow news week....:D

Archived