Port Everglades early luggage drop-off

deadzone1003

We will be taking a redeye into FLL. We are wondering how early we can drop off our luggage. We will be sailing on the Coral Princess and expect to leave from Terminal 2 or maybe 21. Browsing the threads here, it appears that it is possible to drop off luggage before 9am, but I've come across threads that Princess may not allow drop-offs until past 10am. Does anyone really know?

I would not drop off luggage before 1030am the day of your cruise. There is a lot of activity around the port, with people disembarking and cruisers arriving for thier cruise. Your luggage could take a wrong turn and get lost. Play it safe get there at 1030am drop off your luggage, check in and have fun.

We usually see people dropping luggage off as we are leaving the ship. The luggage drop off area is separate from where people are leaving from the prior cruise. I personally wouldn't be concerned with dropping luggage off before 9, so long as they are accepting it. So long as you are aware it will still be a couple more hours before the check-in opens. But if you want to drop off and then head out somewhere to kill time, it can't hurt to have the taxi swing by the pier first.

We recently sailed on the Emerald Princess and arrived at the port right about 10:00. It was quite busy with a lot of previous cruisers still leaving, we were told to wait at the benches until they would start accepting bags. At about 10:15 or so they started accepting luggage for check in. We dropped ours off and then walked over to 17th St. to run errands.

We recently sailed on the Emerald Princess and arrived at the port right about 10:00. It was quite busy with a lot of previous cruisers still leaving, we were told to wait at the benches until they would start accepting bags. At about 10:15 or so they started accepting luggage for check in. We dropped ours off and then walked over to 17th St. to run errands.

From previous CC posts, someone mentioned there is a Walgreens (or CVS) on 17th street. How long did it take you to walk from Princess' terminal 2 to 17th St? The area seems safe to walk? Were there a lot of car traffic? Thanks.

We were just having this very discussion. We are sailing on Royal Caribbean (Oasis of the Seas) in a month and we will be coming in on a redeye as well. By the time we make it to the port area I am guessing it will be about 7am. (We sail again in July and are on the very same flight.) Does anyone have any experience with dropping off luggage this early to an RCI ship or Oasis/Allure in particular? I called RCI and the customer service reps can't seem to find any sort of info on how early bags are accepted...(shocking...:p) so I thought I'd turn to the cruising experts...

thanks in advance for any info anyone has!

From previous CC posts, someone mentioned there is a Walgreens (or CVS) on 17th street. How long did it take you to walk from Princess' terminal 2 to 17th St? The area seems safe to walk? Were there a lot of car traffic? Thanks.

Eisenhower Blvd is pretty busy, but you can cross at the lights at 17th st. or at security where the inbound cars stop. It's probably about 10-15 minute walk to Walgreens, which is right on the corner.

We were just having this very discussion. We are sailing on Royal Caribbean (Oasis of the Seas) in a month and we will be coming in on a redeye as well. By the time we make it to the port area I am guessing it will be about 7am. (We sail again in July and are on the very same flight.) Does anyone have any experience with dropping off luggage this early to an RCI ship or Oasis/Allure in particular? I called RCI and the customer service reps can't seem to find any sort of info on how early bags are accepted...(shocking...:p) so I thought I'd turn to the cruising experts...

thanks in advance for any info anyone has!

that's probably too early..chances are some of the shoreside workers might not be there yet...i would grab some coffee or something at the airport, or even head to the Renaissance or someplace (even maybe the Sheraton or hilton by the airport) and have breakfast then head over.

I dropped bags off around 10 AM for Jewel about a year-ish ago...then i left, did some stuff, dropped the rental car off at the Hertz in the Crowne Plaza and took their shuttle to the port (Hertz', not the hotel)

Incidentally the pier area is HUGE (for those that do not know.) SO while someone above was able to walk to 17th street, not all the terminals are close enough

that's probably too early..chances are some of the shoreside workers might not be there yet...i would grab some coffee or something at the airport, or even head to the Renaissance or someplace (even maybe the Sheraton or hilton by the airport) and have breakfast then head over.

I dropped bags off around 10 AM for Jewel about a year-ish ago...then i left, did some stuff, dropped the rental car off at the Hertz in the Crowne Plaza and took their shuttle to the port (Hertz', not the hotel)

Incidentally the pier area is HUGE (for those that do not know.) SO while someone above was able to walk to 17th street, not all the terminals are close enough

thank you for this. we do have transportation...i was not considering walking anywhere. I guess the idea of dropping by to leave luggage while we go to eat isn't really feasible that early. Altho your hotel suggestions give me another idea altogether now. Perhaps we will actually get a room where ever we go to eat so that we have a place to freshen up, relax and keep our things while we eat. Then we'll take a cab or hotel transpo back to the port when time.

thanks!

Yes. I just want to clarify for others reading that the walking to 17th St was from terminal 2 (Princess) only, and not from any other terminal.

Yes. I just want to clarify for others reading that the walking to 17th St was from terminal 2 (Princess) only, and not from any other terminal.

Agreed, that was why I made sure to mention I was on the Emerald. It is a 5-10 minute walk to Walgreen's from terminal 2. You just walk under the parking structure and follow the sidewalk next to the convention center, you will see other people (mostly crew if you are there early) doing it, just follow them. You turn right on Eisenhower and walk up to 17th Street, Walgreen's is there on the left, or you can continue left down the block to Publix. Starbucks and Panera are across 17th Street down toward Publix.

Archived