Newbie Just Booked !

DGK

Emdee, I would be another grateful recipient of your hints and tips, if you would be so kind. We sail on the PG in early May, plus a few nights in an OWB at the Moorea Hilton afterwards. Thanks.

Hi Emcee: You are a wealth of information. We're also traveling on PG on May 23rd, our first trip to Polynesia, and would gratefully appreciate all your hints. Anyone else on board May 23? I'm at mloislin07@yahoo.com. Would love to hear from you an coordinate some activities:) This is my first attempt at using the Cruisecritic website, so I'm a bit lost at the moment.

My wife and I were on a 7 day PG cruise in Oct 2009 and just booked a 14 day for this October. We can't wait. Motu Mahana is the most beautiful island I have ever been to. One pearl of advice someone gave me on these boards prior to our last trip was to bring a $4 inflatable air mattress to this island. We were the envy of many.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331502618.589559.jpg.02c93d87c29e9cb9afc3d6f627e3b9ae.jpg

Another pearl was to bring a short multi-plug extension cord for all those US devices in the cabin.

Dave M

• 1 month later...

Hi Emdee,

My wife to be and I will be taking our honeymoon with PG at the end of June. We woudl really appreciate your tips since its our first cruise with PG and first time at Tahiti. Thanks! My email: firemox at gmail dot com

Jason

Hi all

I am away sailing the caribbean on the largest ship in the world - Allure of the seas so shall send you the tips on my return.

Next cruise will be Tere Moana so looking forward to be totally shocked!

Miriam

Hi all

I am away sailing the caribbean on the largest ship in the world - Allure of the seas so shall send you the tips on my return.

Next cruise will be Tere Moana so looking forward to be totally shocked!

Miriam

Wow, what a contrast! Have fun!

Emdee, we were docked next to her at Cozumel in Feb. We were on the Mariner OS, and not as dwarfed by her as one would think. Got a good view of those penthouse suites: hot tub, table for 12, private balcony bar..........

Bet the shows on her aft end are spectacular! Have fun.

We've doing the opposite- sailed Oasis in Dec and will sail a 90 pax ship in Aug and PG in Oct! I too look forward to the interesting contrasts. But I think it's like going to NYC and then staying at a B & B in the Fingerlakes region of NY- you'd never expect it to be the same experience in any way other than they are both in NY!;)

Just returned had a great time. Allure is not really a cruise but an experience. The dining experiences at the specialty were mostly good too.

Love Vintages with their tapas plates - hope PG can do more of that too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived