Jim J. Bullock as Edna (Hairspray)

mongo1973

He starred in TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT... they had a funny laugh thing going on, but we heard it was scripted, because it was the same thing happening through other shows... but we couldnt tell.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120160/

Jim J. Bullock plays Tracy's mother Edna in the musical Hairspray on the Oasis. He does a great job!!! He and the actress who plays Tracy also did a cabaret act in the Viking Lounge one evening which was outstanding. They said this was the first time they had done this. I would highly recommend both the musical and the act in the Viking Lounge!!

He starred in TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT... they had a funny laugh thing going on, but we heard it was scripted, because it was the same thing happening through other shows... but we couldnt tell.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120160/

That was also asked about during the backstage tour. He said it's scripted that they (he and 'Edna's husband') "play to the audience", but they do have some leeway on how that works.

Wow, that's rude. Do you have a job where you get to cruise around to places the rest of the world has to pay thousands? I'd say he probably has one of the best jobs on the ship. I wouldn't mind working only a few hours a night and cruising for free!

His career sure did ... he's playing on a cruise ship ! (in drag!) :p

He's actually a pretty interesting guy. HIV survivor, lost his partner to the disease. Been broke, down and out and worked his way back. He really was a TV star at one time and was awesome as a regular on Hollywood Squares.

And he is a fantastic Edna!!

His career sure did ... he's playing on a cruise ship ! (in drag!) :p

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR SAYING THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS!!!

Here's an older gay actor that is HIV Positive...EXACTLY HOW MANY JOBS DO YOU THINK HE'S OFFERED???:mad:

I for one think it's great and glad to see he's doing something he obviously loves!:D

Who appointed you judge & jury over his life and his choices???

CUT IT OUT!!!:mad:

Any idea if he will still be there in late sept?

I would love to see him.

We were lucky enough to see him last July on Oasis, and even luckier to be able to strike up a conversation with him in the comedy club (along with the actor who played Tracy's Dad--and I am not sure if it's the same one pictured). He was VERY nice and chatted with us for several minutes. He told us they do 6 month contracts, and they were just about at the end of that particular contract. He said he couldn't wait to get off the ship--loved it and loved the cast but it was just such a long time on the ship. He told us he had played Tracy's Dad in the Broadway production for a good while. I'd have loved to see that--it's hard for me to imagine him as anyone but Tracy's mom, lol. We saw the show 3 times b/c the cast was so great. To me, the Broadway shows are one of the main reasons to do Oasis class. Really top notch!!!! And I'm a Jim J fan forever now.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR SAYING THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS!!!

Here's an older gay actor that is HIV Positive...EXACTLY HOW MANY JOBS DO YOU THINK HE'S OFFERED???:mad:

I for one think it's great and glad to see he's doing something he obviously loves!:D

Who appointed you judge & jury over his life and his choices???

CUT IT OUT!!!:mad:

Jeez .... Decaf, Sweetie !

THAT was Decaf!:mad:

Sorry... Blast shields at full capacity...Have a great day!!!:D

Hey wait a minute! Now I get it! ... You're "JM" J Bullock, aren't you ??

Archived