Molten chocolate lava cake

lexysdad04

That's funny! Over on Disboards, people are complaining about how bad the desserts are. I brought up the greatness of the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival and there was agreement that it was far better.

Disney is a great cruise but I wouldn't hold out hope for tons of great desserts. Unless you go to Palo or Remy.

I can second the poster that said that Disney desserts weren't that great. Although, the chocolate souffle in the specialty restaurant, Palo, is amazing.

Yeah, the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival is one of our favorite things about the cruise line. :)

Sorry, it's not a joke.

The good news is you can get mickey ice cream bars aboard the Disney Dream! Either in the main dining room (they are listed on the kids menu) and from room service (not listed but they are available).

I found most of the desserts to be kind of "meh" on the Disney dream. They look okay but have little taste and the texture is off.

I do recommend checking out the "fast food" stuff and room service. The buffet we also found pretty good (for a buffet) and the lunch on the sea day in enchanted palace was the best of the sitdown meals we had (except for Cabanas for dinner which turns into a sit down instead of a buffet).

Uh....I've got more bad news for you. Over on DISboards there is quite the uproar because they have stopped serving the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars. No consensus as to why (change in direction, problem with supplier, etc.) but they don't have them right now.

Looks like you are out of luck for dessert until you get to Carnival! ;)

I am not a fan of WCMC (and I am a major chocolate freak) but my husband loves it - he will have it every night. I will try something different every night or have the fruit and cheese platter along with a capaccino of course.

I absolutely LOVE the melting cake. I would eat up at the Lido restaurant, then go down to the MDR just for the melting cake. I always got 2 scoops of ice cream with it since it's soooo rich. BTW it's not half cooked batter, it's warm chocolate pudding in the middle.

It is mostly oil, eggs, chocolate, and a little bit of flour. There is no pudding inside. We made it as part of the galley tour for the Chef's table. I have the recipe.

Oh...well that's not what they told us when I asked on board what was in it.

Well I guess technically pudding is made from butter, eggs, sugar, chocolate and corn starch, so I guess you could call it pudding. Just substitute the starch for flour. lol

I watched them make it during Chefs Table. No pudding. You can also order it in three doneness levels. Jiggly, soft inside or well done

My GF orders almost every night. I order it alot as well. Definatly one of better deserts in the cruise industry

But it is just an underbaked cupcake

Archived