What happens if..

i guide the sky

One person in a two person reservation doesnt show up at check in at the dock?

Here is the background, My Parents in-law are thinking of joining us on a trip and I would like to get them into a CAT X stateroom. There is a possiblity that one parent may not be able to cruise but the other one would still be able to go alone.

Does anyone have any first hand experence witht this situation; where only one person shows up to take the trip? I'm not really concerned with the financial impact, dont mind losing the Port Taxes, gratuties could always be removed for one person ect... But more concerned with any problems encountered at the port. Especially since it would be a Guarantee Stateroom with a single cruiser!!!!:eek:

X claims it would not be a problem but after my Xperience with X Customer Service, I just cant take their word for it anymore.:rolleyes:

Here is the background, My Parents in-law are thinking of joining us on a trip and I would like to get them into a CAT X stateroom. There is a possiblity that one parent may not be able to cruise but the other one would still be able to go alone.

Does anyone have any first hand experence witht this situation; where only one person shows up to take the trip? I'm not really concerned with the financial impact, dont mind losing the Port Taxes, gratuties could always be removed for one person ect... But more concerned with any problems encountered at the port. Especially since it would be a Guarantee Stateroom with a single cruiser!!!!:eek:

There won't be a problem. Even with a guarantee a cabin will be assigned prior to your arrival at the port. Both passages will have been paid for at that point so the one remaining passenger will simply have the cabin to themselves.

X claims it would not be a problem but after my Xperience with X Customer Service, I just cant take their word for it anymore.:rolleyes:

There won't be a problem. Even with a guarantee a cabin will be assigned prior to your arrival at the port. Both passages will have been paid for at that point so the one remaining passenger will simply have the cabin to themselves.

What exactly do you think they would do? Yes, I've seen it happen before and it's no problem. The cabin is paid for.

I cannot imagine why it would be a problem as both passengers are already paid in full. If it concerns you, you can call a few days before and cancel one of the passengers officially as I'm sure you would know by then, right? The remaining passenger would then sail as usual. The traveling passenger can check-in online ahead of time as well (or you can do it for them as long as you get all their info).

I wasn't really clear about this. The other passenger would lose more than port charges. They would also lose the cruise fare.

I wasn't really clear about this. The other passenger would lose more than port charges. They would also lose the cruise fare.

The OP realizes the cruise fare is non-refundable and simply went on to acknowledge the same holds true of the port charges as well.

I agree with the rest of the posters. X isn't going to deny passenger A from boarding because passenger B sharing the same statetroom didn't show up. At that stage of the game, X's reasons for not wanting singles booking guarantee categories is no longer an issue.

Archived