So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Assault?? Oh...ok...I get it. You are just joking again right?:rolleyes:

If you are stupid enough to leave valuable items unattended in a public place, you deserve what you get.

delcansdad - LOL I couldn't agree more. And if someone is stupid enough to leave money/valuables I think a round of drinks on them for everyone on the pool deck is in order, while their things are being relocated :)

Wow,,the thread that won't die. And when it does a new one will replace it in a week.

I don't sit by pools and use loungers. If the ship had a wrap around deck with loungers on it I would, but these ships don't.

I really don't think that if I wanted a chair,,I would watch it for 30 minutes then make my move. In that 30 minutes another chair could have opened up and here I am , staring at this one chair. Then if someone comes back in 29 minutes,,I have to find another chair to stare at for 30 more minutes. A visious cycle.

Now if people were adults and played by the rules,,,,,,,,er guidlines,,,,,,,,,,er suggestions,,

It goes back to watching threads like this one for some of us that have been around awhile... you know let's go pop some popcorn and watch the fight! Trolls abound on this board and love to "stir the pot".

So when someone say's "pop pop pop" it means time to sit back and watch the show... :D

Thanks so much BobsFamily! That makes perfect sense;) I was on a "moms" forum once and we had a little smilie of the the face munching on popcorn and watching...it was cute. You think there's drama here...Oh my, you should see the drama of a bunch of self righteous first time moms! Every on of them knows everything in the world about parenting...it got pretty heated most days. I was a popcorn eater....it sort of an online reality train wreck you know? I hate to admit, I kind of like the occasional troll post here. It can get pretty dry and it's nice to spice it up and get the juices flowing;) I think we've got several pot stirrers right now:D

If you dislike "the class of people" on Carnival cruise lines so much, why do you cruise with them? Your comment appears to show what part of a Texas horse you are most related to.

Can you say this again, Im not following you. This did not make any sense. please re-explain and I will be more than happy to talk to you about this.

Pretty sure "worrying" about finding a chair or losing your stuff is what this thread is all about. If you dont "worry" about it then why comment?

Maybe it's not complicated for you and your wife, but when you are traveling with your children and you cannot find a chair near the pool and your kids want to swim and you have to leave your stuff (key card, book, reading glasses, sunscreen, flip flops etc.) at a chair that is totally out of your sight so that you can supervise your kids at the pool (because that is the right thing to do) for 29 minutes, you might "worry" that your stuff will not be there when you get back. I dont spend my whole vacation "worrying" about it, but when you have had it happen to you, you think about it. I dont consider myself a chair hog because I want somewhere to put down my stuff while my kids swim and I watch them. Dont be sad for for me, I am having a great time on my vacation, and I do it without taking peoples stuff off their chairs and watching chair hogs!

I had young children once and I was also crazy then. Thankfully I am a recovering parent. Now if my kids would just have there own children I could have that same knowing smile that grandparents have.

So what im finding out here, if you leave your stuff on a chair and lets say you did it at 8am, you leave at 10 am to go get a massage you dont have a right to come back to the chair you were at for two hours already?

Nope.

I don't know why it is so difficult for the OP to understand. You arrive at a chair, you use a chair, you when you are done you vacate it so someone else can use it. Think of it like a park bench!!! On a cruiseship the chair is yours while you dip in the pool, hot tub, get a drink, go to the bathroom beyond that if you're going to eat, shop, your cabin, watch a show, partake in any ship activity or basically gone for 30 minutes or longer for whatever reason you're done, the chair is available to other people. There is no investment on the chair, as you say you were there for 2 hours initially, what does that have to do with anything? It doesn't make the chair more yours because you spent 2 hours in it. God help us all!

The ONLY rights a chair hog has is to get their stuff moved...that's about it. Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp. No one is STEALING your stuff, they are giving it to the towel desk where you can easily go and pick it up or they are placing it on the deck (I do this if it is a pair of flips flops on the chair)

Agreed and well said! This will be my first cruise but to me the ppl that are chair hogs are rude and very inconsiderate and I personally would not have a problem moving their belongings if it was there for over 30 minutes!

If you are stupid enough to leave valuable items unattended in a public place, you deserve what you get.

Its not about valuable items, its about the chair. If the items you had at the chair/table on the pool deck are gone who is to replace the item it dont matter if its worth 50 cents or $100.00.

I love these posts.....if you really want that prime spot, get out of bed and claim it..... Just like the "chair hogs" do. What happens if you want tickets to a food show? You get online early and wait. If you get there an hour later and it's sold out, do you complain that others got the good seats?

Its not about valuable items, its about the chair. If the items you had at the chair/table on the pool deck are gone who is to replace the item it dont matter if its worth 50 cents or $100.00.

I'll play your game on this one. No one is too replace them, you walked away and left them for more than the 30 minutes allowed. Check with lost and found, I'm sure they would have them.

Would you leave your items on a seat in a restaurant for a few hours and expect them to be there when you came back?

I love these posts.....if you really want that prime spot, get out of bed and claim it..... Just like the "chair hogs" do. What happens if you want tickets to a food show? You get online early and wait. If you get there an hour later and it's sold out, do you complain that others got the good seats?

I was wondering what the food show was. I wanted tickets to that! :p

I agree with this guy 100 percent. I mean if this guy was running for Pres instead of Mitt Romney I would vote for this guy. Like they always say "If you anint first, your Last.

But im not going to take 6 chairs, I just want my one chair.

Maybe when you register for the cruise, they should just let you pick your chair? Have a little map, showing all the sun decks, and where the chairs are. But since Carnival is hard up for cash it seems, raising the prices on Bon Voyage alcohol, and raising the tip amounts, maybe they should CHARGE for those chairs, also. And if you don't want to pay, then you go to the "General Admission" area where it is first come, first served, the sun would be limited, and there would be all those screaming kids running around.

While we are at it, can we add a fee to those people that sit at the tables next to the windows in the buffet? Those are prime locations, perfect for spotting the occasional dolphin or whale.

Or how about the seats at the Piano Bar next to the piano? Those are pretty prime, too, we maybe should make those as a pay as you use them, a certain price for every 10 minutes that you are there, and give the piano player a cut.

And finally, during special sporting events that are carried in the sports bar, shouldn't they have to pay for the seat of their choice to watch the big game? And maybe even charge a premium price for events such as the Super Bowl, but then they will have that on the big screen out by the pool, so those people that have those prime chairs out there - they should pay even more.

As a stock holder at Carnival, I am looking for anyway possible to make a dime for the company. Oh, sure I may only get 1/billionth of that dime in the long run, but if you collect enough dimes, it will amount to some return.

I'll play your game on this one.

Would you leave your items on a seat in a restaurant for a few hours and expect them to be there when you came back?

Well thats apples to oranges here dude, We are talking about a chair on a cruise ship that is made to lounge or relax in. Im not talking about a breakfest at the WAFFLE HOUSE which I know you love, that you take your family too and leave your kids Hulk doll at.

Archived