So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

You people are wound too tight. Of course I'm exaggerating. BUT, let me give you another scenario.

Let's say I am in a chair, and it's a very hot day. And I decide that I'm going to hang out in the pool for a while (longer than 30 minutes), after which I plan to return to my chair for some sunning.

Do you still have the right to move my stuff?

Yep. 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Don't like the rules? Don't come to my playground.

So what im finding out here, if you leave your stuff on a chair and lets say you did it at 8am, you leave at 10 am to go get a massage you dont have a right to come back to the chair you were at for two hours already?

Depends on how long that massage is for :rolleyes:

You people are wound too tight. Of course I'm exaggerating. BUT, let me give you another scenario.

Let's say I am in a chair, and it's a very hot day. And I decide that I'm going to hang out in the pool for a while (longer than 30 minutes), after which I plan to return to my chair for some sunning.

Yes. The passage of time does not change if you are in the pool... 30 minutes equals 30 minutes.

My take is you are using the chair. You just happen to be in the pool.

I would have no interest in touching your chair.

I don't stand around with a stop watch checking chairs. I don't have to be by the pool. I just want a chair in the sun. If I walk around and can't find something I just start asking people beside chairs with stuff on them, "has anyone been in this chair in the last hour?" You will always run into people that say, yes my wife, son or whatever is using it. Just as often people will gladly say, nope, haven't seen anyone in hours.

That is now my chair.

Just because someone used a chair for X number of hours and then leaves to go do whatever for 3 hours means nothing to me.

If people just used chairs as they needed them and then moved along instead of trying to stake some all day claim it probably would all be a non issue as most people don't spend the entire day in the sun.

Pretty simple to me. If I see an article (or several) on a chair for more than 30 minutes I figure it someone lost those items. Being the good Boy Scout of old, I will gather those things up and take them to a pool butler for safe keeping. That is just Truth, Justice and the American Way!

In regards to throwing things overboard. I guess I would expect this is how people act on Carnival Cruise Lines, because the class of people that seem to sail on their ships. No regards on other people's possesions and personal area, How can someone just throw someone elses things overboard?

I guess I would expect this is how people act on Carnival Cruise Lines, because the CLASS of people that seem to sail on their ships. No regards on other people's possesions and personal area, How can someone just throw someone elses things overboard?

This post is very uncalled for!!! :mad:

On the 8 cruises that I have been on, I have never seen someone throw another guests personal items overboard. .

I follow the unwritten rules my friend. By the way, I guess I'm the stupid one with the great chair location.

Nope, you're the person who has his stuff dumped and needs to pay for the towels lost while watching me in you unattended chair. But then stupid people don't realize they're stupid, if they did, they wouldnt be stupid lol

Hope to see your stuff around :)

This post is very uncalled for!!! :mad:

On the 8 cruises that I have been on, I have never seen someone throw another guests personal items overboard. .

Perhaps not people nor their items, but there was the famous Carnival Cruise Monkey (complete with cigar and can of beer taped to each hand) that fell (or was pitched - not sure which) off a balcony about 3-4 years ago.

Someone reported seeing a "person" fall over board and the ship responded by doing a search and rescue. All passengers had to go to deck 4 and "boink" their cruise cards to verify all "souls were on board."

We met one of the perps at the airport on the way home. We howled when he shared his experience at the purser's desk as he and friends tried to explain what happened and no need to do a S&R. He wasn't laughing and seemed pretty sober (literally and figuratively) at the experience. Although he wouldn't share the consequences of the incident, he appeared a changed man.

The large, stuffed ape was not recovered.

Cheers!

I do not care it was still a very rude comment to make!!!

It's ok, JPTexan82 hasn't seemed to like most anything we've said on here - and this is just his way of lashing out ... I suppose with his attitude towards others, he should be happy it isn't himself that is being thrown over board. :eek:

Perhaps not people nor their items, but there was the famous Carnival Cruise Monkey (complete with cigar and can of beer taped to each hand) that fell (or was pitched - not sure which) off a balcony about 3-4 years ago.

Someone reported seeing a "person" fall over board and the ship responded by doing a search and rescue. All passengers had to go to deck 4 and "boink" their cruise cards to verify all "souls were on board."

We met one of the perps at the airport on the way home. We howled when he shared his experience at the purser's desk as he and friends tried to explain what happened and no need to do a S&R. He wasn't laughing and seemed pretty sober (literally and figuratively) at the experience. Although he wouldn't share the consequences of the incident, he appeared a changed man.

The large, stuffed ape was not recovered.

Cheers!

The stuffed monkey story is funny - thanks for the share. But mostly, I like the term "boink" their cards (that is exactly the sound it makes, I was calling it "bleep", but it really is a "boink"). :D

In regards to throwing things overboard. I guess I would expect this is how people act on Carnival Cruise Lines, because the class of people that seem to sail on their ships. No regards on other people's possesions and personal area, How can someone just throw someone elses things overboard?

I guess you will find out the class of people on May 6th. I look forward to your review.

And you're also assuming it was a Carnival cruise....Funny, because it happened on Princess......

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

LOL some sort of assault? What "real world" are you living in, because it's not even close to the real world that most if not the rest of us are living in. Sounds like you're living in some sort of fantasy world if you really believe that.

Now, if you had said some sort of stealing, you may have been more accurate.......however, it's only stealing if the person doing the moving intended to 1) keep it themselves, or 2) deprive you of your items. If the person who moved your items turned them in some place, that's helping the owner to find their lost items, as they obviously lost them and need to go to the lost and found or towel hut to find them again. But then, we aren't under any obligation to help you find your lost items, so we are well in our rights to move lost items out of our way. Plain and simple.

. I guess I would expect this is how people act on Carnival Cruise Lines, because the class of people that seem to sail on their ships.

So what does that say about you since you will be cruising on Carnival very soon

LOL some sort of assault? What "real world" are you living in, because it's not even close to the real world that most if not the rest of us are living in. Sounds like you're living in some sort of fantasy world if you really believe that.

Im living in the world (FORT WORTH) where you taught as a young person not to touch other people's stuff. So if im sitting in the hottub, pool bar, or walked away to go on the ropes course and come back I just want my stuff to be there when I get back. So if im gone 20 mins to 45 mins I just want my stuff left alone, is that too much to ask. Or do alot of you think your better than basic common sense. If something was to come up missing whos fault is it then?

Okay have had enough of this thread!!! OMG, when I am on our cruise in Feb of 2013 and I see a bunch of chairs with crap on them I might start twitching and start having flashbacks of this thread... LOL!!! :eek:

Have a great night everyone!!!

Archived