So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

Exactly! I try to tell explain to these people what a troll is and what they're up to, but the vast majority still get sucked into the troll's argument. That's when I just kick back and really enjoy my 16.gif. :D

Ok, not taking up for JPTexan but what right do you have calling him a troll when you yourself have only been a member since 2011 and he has been a member since 2007??? If anyone could be defined as a troll it might be yourself... ;)

Ok, not taking up for JPTexan but what right do you have calling him a troll when you yourself have only been a member since 2011 and he has been a member since 2007??? If anyone could be defined as a troll it might be yourself... ;)

LOL! Oh, but you have and do take up for him, many times. But that is your prerogative. As I posted much earlier in this very thread, the true definition of a troll has nothing to do with time, only content. ;)

I'm all out of popcorn. I'll share it with you if you get us some with extra butter! :D

The theatre has a policy of no saving seats but no 30 minute rule. Going to the bathroom or bar is fine...it is on the deck chairs too as long as it is less than 30 minutes. They will make announcements in the theatre that there is no seat saving...in the theatre it is more about the number you are saving. If you and you SO go to the show and one of you goes to the bathroom saving that 1 seat is usually not an issue...but people go in there and try to save half a row...no, sorry, all 20 of your friends are not in the bathroom!

Have had several confrontations in the past where 1 or 2 people have tried to save almost the whole row for their clan. I tell them, "Sorry no saving fo seats in the theatre" and then sit my fat Whale-Tail down. Any further arguments I tell them to go get security as I am not moving.

But hey, I am a confrontational person & dont care what you think.

Exactly! I try to tell explain to these people what a troll is and what they're up to, but the vast majority still get sucked into the troll's argument. That's when I just kick back and really enjoy my 16.gif. :D

Plenty of WHINE to go with that popcorn from the Chair Porkers

LOL! Oh, but you have and do take up for him, many times. But that is your prerogative. As I posted much earlier in this very thread, the true definition of a troll has nothing to do with time, only content. ;)

So your such an expert, are you then? Let me ask you this since your saying im one, How do I know your not one. Last I saw this was a very Legit topic I wanted to know how they handle this onboard a Carnival ship. I can already tell there are alot of senstive people on here on this board so that means even more on the ship.

Im not trying to hurt your feelings but to me it seems like yours are hurt and your whinning about it now.

So your such an expert, are you then? Let me ask you this since your saying im one, How do I know your not one. Last I saw this was a very Legit topic I wanted to know how they handle this onboard a Carnival ship. I can already tell there are alot of senstive people on here on this board so that means even more on the ship.

Im not trying to hurt your feelings but to me it seems like yours are hurt and your whinning about it now.

*you're

Didn't we already go over this?? :p

I guess Chair Hogs also are the ones that think that the ship should wait for them to return late on Port Days. Chair Hogs/Pier Runners may be of the same species.

Nope....because the Pier Runners are always entertaining instead of 100% annoying;) Chair Hogs are only sometimes entertaining when their stuff has been moved and you get to see their entitled rant about it;) I've never had the privilege of seeing either though :rolleyes:

I'll play your game on this one.

Would you leave your items on a seat in a restaurant for a few hours and expect them to be there when you came back?

Well thats apples to oranges here dude, We are talking about a chair on a cruise ship that is made to lounge or relax in. Im not talking about a breakfest at the WAFFLE HOUSE which I know you love, that you take your family too and leave your kids Hulk doll at.

I don't think Declansdad is off base here. I think I saw the restaurant version of chairhog played on my last cruise. At lunch in the buffet, after walking around with our trays and finally finding a table to sit at, we noticed a lovely table alongside the window with a sweatshirt on the chairback and a book and glass of some drink on the table. Nobody showed up to sit at the table for our entire lunch. I'm guessing someone may have decided that it was a great place to save a seat for whenever they might want to come in during the day to grab a bite to eat and savor the lovely ocean view. Meanwhile people were walking around looking for tables the whole time. Might that be a restaurant chairhog?

Troll: "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

YMMV

ETA: Happy to help!

Here's my two cents... If i'm lucky enough to find a chair, it's a good day. If my butt leaves that chair it's to get in the pool and I do expect my chair to find "my chair" when i get out of the water. If I leave the pool area, i've left and have no rights to the chair (even if i come back shortly - left the area = left!).

Archived