earliest disembarkation??

munchkin002

Hello All,

Booked on the Star in November out of New Orleans. We are flying down from Jersey. The day of disembarkation, there is a flight at 11:05am nonstop, that I really want to book. The next flight after that is 5:10 pm.

I really don't want to have to sit around the airport ALL day with a teenager and a preteen, (ugh!) :eek: Can you tell me what is the earliest you can be off the ship?

am I crazy to book this early flight?

Thanks for all your help! :)

If you can use self-disembarkation, you should be fine. If you haven't done this before, this means that you'll carry off all of your luggage (without any porters, luggage carts, etc). Usually, these passengers are allowed off first. Also, once you're through customs and immigration, take a taxi rather than a shuttle which will need to wait for additional people (to fill up the shuttle).

Obviously, something could go wrong; the ship could be delayed due to several reasons. However I think it's worth the slight chance to take the early flight.

We've done this trip now 4 times. By doing early off, carrying our own luggage, we have made it as early as 7:30am and as late as noon. Depends on the ship, customs, etc. It is a little worse now with two ships in at one time. Traffic is quite a bit worse. A cab is the way to go. You should be fine if the ship is on time and no problems. We have been on time twice and late twice.

Have a backup plan. New Orleans is the port where we were the latest getting off. Docked at 8 am, scheduled to exit with the 9 am call, got off, through customs, and onto the street, noon exactly. No way to really know what will be going on any particular arrival day.

We just got off the SUN on Sunday and walked off. In PC there were 3 ships in at once the Dream, Magic and SUN. Due to this we didn;t clear customs, as we were the 3rd ship back until close to 8:45. We were in our shuttle and back to our car by 9:10. I would book on the 5:45 and try to wait list the 11:10 just to be sure - the day we departed, the Dream, didn;t clear until 10:30, what a mess at the terminal.

It is "possible", but only with self disembarkment and getting right in a ready cab, direct to the airport. You need to allow 30 minutes for the cab ride.

Verify what the penalities are for your flight, IF you miss it. Does the ticket have any value?? Do you have to notify the airline, prior to departure, or can you "no show". Lastly, do NOT expect to just get on the "next flight". Flights go out full and you can be stuck overnight at your own expense. Know all the details with your decision.

Archived