Disney Fantasy on NY Harbor Webcam - 2/28/2012

PortFever

Tomorrow (Tuesday Feb 28th) the brand new Disney Fantasy is due to arrive in New York Harbor after her transatlantic crossing from the shipyard.

The New York Harbor Webcam will be covering her arrival for all you Disney fans. Expected time of arrival is a little vague but we are anticipating a sunrise passage under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge where we have the best view... probably around 6am EST but could be earlier.

All are welcome... to watch our live streaming HD-quality video, go to : www.NYHarborWebcam.com

You can check Disney Fantasy's latest position using real-time AIS data here: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311058700

Enjoy!

David.

www.PortFever.com

PS. If you miss her arrival in New York, we will be covering her departure on Friday and arrival at new home Port Canaveral, expected to be next Monday on www.PortCanaveralWebcam.com

Tomorrow (Tuesday Feb 28th) the brand new Disney Fantasy is due to arrive in New York Harbor after her transatlantic crossing from the shipyard.

The New York Harbor Webcam will be covering her arrival for all you Disney fans. Expected time of arrival is a little vague but we are anticipating a sunrise passage under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge where we have the best view... probably around 6am EST but could be earlier.

All are welcome... to watch our live streaming HD-quality video, go to : www.NYHarborWebcam.com

You can check Disney Fantasy's latest position using real-time AIS data here: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311058700

Enjoy!

David.

www.PortFever.com

PS. If you miss her arrival in New York, we will be covering her departure on Friday and arrival at new home Port Canaveral, expected to be next Monday on www.PortCanaveralWebcam.com

Thanks so much! Tuned in ready to watch her sail in!!:D

She is being christened in NYC on Thursday evening. Godmother has not yet been disclosed. Only people onboard are crew, a few Disney execs, and construction workers who have continued work during the transatlantic crossing.

There will be a Cast Celebration at Port Canaveral next Tuesday morning. I will be one of the lucky Cast Members that will be in attendance next Tuesday when we welcome the Fantasy to her Central Florida Home.

The approximate welcome time will be at 0545 in the morning.

The reason for the celebration scheduled for Tuesday is because they do not want to delay the arrival of the Monarch on Monday morning

If the Fantasy arrives Monday it will probably to prepare it for the celabration on Tuesday. They will probably take the Fantasy out of the channel on Tuesday morning turn around and come back in and let the party begin

I envy all those that will be sailing the Disney Fantasy soon. I was scheduled

to do the travel agents ship tour tomorrow (2/29/2012), but due to illness I

had to cancel my reservation. But she is a beauty sitting in NY Harbor.

Happy cruising to all those on future sailings!

I just looked out the window and was rather shocked to see the brand new Disney Fantasy berthed at the west side cruise ship terminal. I wasn't expecting her at all, she's not even listed on the NY Cruise Terminal schedule.

Will try and get a picture of her.

Jonathan

Will the Disney fantasy be at port Canaveral on march 17 and 18th? We are sailing out on freedom of the seas on march 18th and would love to catch a glimpse of her. We don't get to sail on her until next may 2013. :(

I just looked out the window and was rather shocked to see the brand new Disney Fantasy berthed at the west side cruise ship terminal. I wasn't expecting her at all, she's not even listed on the NY Cruise Terminal schedule.

Will try and get a picture of her.

Jonathan

She probably wasn't listed because she is not carrying revenue passengers in or out......

Enjoy!

David.

www.PortFever.com

I really enjoy those websites!

Any idea what time she is sailing Friday?

Thanks!:)

I really enjoy those websites!

Any idea what time she is sailing Friday?

Thanks!:)

No firm idea here Bob, sorry. I could guesstimate around 5pm (or later). Not even 100% sure she will sail from NYC on Friday.

We now believe the big entrance/arrival at Port Canaveral will be during sunrise on Tuesday morning, March 6th... but not yet confirmed. If that's true, they could in theory leave NYC as late as Sunday. A weekend departure would have more spectator value with people off work and school.

Hoping someone "in the know" will give us better data on her planned movements over the next 5 days.

David.

No firm idea here Bob, sorry. I could guesstimate around 5pm (or later). Not even 100% sure she will sail from NYC on Friday.

We now believe the big entrance/arrival at Port Canaveral will be during sunrise on Tuesday morning, March 6th... but not yet confirmed. If that's true, they could in theory leave NYC as late as Sunday. A weekend departure would have more spectator value with people off work and school.

Hoping someone "in the know" will give us better data on her planned movements over the next 5 days.

David.

If she stays until the weekend, she will have to share Pier 88 with the NCL Jewel on Saturday, and the NCL Gem on Sunday....

That might be interesting.....:cool::)

A map that I saw shows them going from NYC to Nassau, then to Castaway Cay, then to Port Canaveral.

Dream did the same thing; gives the crew some practice maneuvering and docking without being under the critical eyes of real passengers.

Driving up the west side hwy I was shocked when I saw the ship. She is an amazing ship. It looks like so much fun. If we had children I would be running to sign up for a cruise. I wonder who her godmother is going to be?

Driving up the west side hwy I was shocked when I saw the ship. She is an amazing ship. It looks like so much fun. If we had children I would be running to sign up for a cruise. I wonder who her godmother is going to be?

Mariah Carey.

Archived