What Is Needed at Check-In exactly?

AcadiaL

Ok, so I have completed online check-in, authorized a credit card, and printed out our XPress Passes. I went through and looked at the E-Docs Guest Ticket Booklet online, but didn't print it. Is there something in that booklet I need to bring to the online check-in counter? I did print out the page which has a Guest Clearance Information Form, but it came out blurry, so I am wondering if I need it at all.

Sorry to ask what may seem like a dumb question, but each cruise line does it a bit differently. I long for the days when the travel agent just sent us our tickets and booklets.

What do people who are not computer literate do?

Thanks!

Lynne

Ok, so I have completed online check-in, authorized a credit card, and printed out our XPress Passes. I went through and looked at the E-Docs Guest Ticket Booklet online, but didn't print it. Is there something in that booklet I need to bring to the online check-in counter? I did print out the page which has a Guest Clearance Information Form, but it came out blurry, so I am wondering if I need it at all.

Sorry to ask what may seem like a dumb question, but each cruise line does it a bit differently. I long for the days when the travel agent just sent us our tickets and booklets.

Thanks!

Lynne

All you need are your passports and a valid credit card. It's nice that you've printed your Xpress Pass--that will speed things up. Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

Lynne

Hi AcadiaL,

I too had similar Questions prior to my own first cruise with Celebrity... so I do understand the concerns.

In the end the following items were required (from Port Gate to the minute you step onboard)

Passport & Cruise Tickets (Xpress Pass or Confirmation will do)... You'll need these to get into the secure area where the port is... checked by the Port Authority folks

Baggage Tags... need to be on any of your Checked Bags when you drop them off with the Porters

Passport, Xpress Pass, and Credit Card... At check-in. They will have you sign your Cruise Contract then too.

In turn they will issue you your Sea Pass Card... that is all you'll need from that moment on... you'll have to present it when you go up the gang-plank to get on the ship (it goes into the special reader).

Thats it... enjoy !!

Cheers!

All you should need is your xpress pass, credit card, and passport:)
Agree!

Even if you lose the xpress pass, you can still board the ship. It may just take a little longer for check-in processing.

So the only really essential thing is your passport.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier.

P.S. Exception: On closed loop circuits there are some who will still use a birth certificate + driver's license instead of a passport.

If you received a lower fare due to the military discount, you need to bring the appropriate documentation, although I've never been asked for any during my fare reductions with the military discount.

Agree!

Even if you lose the xpress pass, you can still board the ship. It may just take a little longer for check-in processing.

So the only really essential thing is your passport.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier.

P.S. Exception: On closed loop circuits there are some who will still use a birth certificate + driver's license instead of a passport.

Passport and credit card are what I would say are essentials. Don't know about other forms of payment.

Just of solstice today checkin took less than 5 minutes. Passport, cc, xpress signed three places. On this trip they took ship security photo at checkin desk,,past cruises they always took picture at ship entrance. Maybe a fll thing??

Passport and credit card are what I would say are essentials. Don't know about other forms of payment.

Just of solstice today checkin took less than 5 minutes. Passport, cc, xpress signed three places. On this trip they took ship security photo at checkin desk,,past cruises they always took picture at ship entrance. Maybe a fll thing??

When we checked in last November sailing out of Rome, they took it at the Check-In also, with a web-cam the agent had on a stick...worked fine and when we boarded the ship, the image was already tied to our Cruise Card.

Should we also bring our regular I.D. or is the passport enough?

Passport pretty much trumps everything else ; -)

True enough...

DECEBAL - One would assume that you would have some form of regular ID on you as well ... cannot imagine anyone going on vacation without some other form of id with them as part of their wallet ... a Driver's License certainly comes to mind.

Cheers!

True enough...

DECEBAL - One would assume that you would have some form of regular ID on you as well ... cannot imagine anyone going on vacation without some other form of id with them as part of their wallet ... a Driver's License certainly comes to mind.

Cheers!

Yes, driver license and passport. Thanks. :) Look forward to the cruise. Oh, and as one poster noted above, a big smile as we board. :D That's a given.

Yes, driver license and passport. Thanks. :) Look forward to the cruise. Oh, and as one poster noted above, a big smile as we board. :D That's a given.

TO DECEBAL,

Given indeed.

I don't think the HUGE SMILE :D left my face from the moment we got up in our Hotel on Embarkation Day, until it was time to leave the ship on Debarkation Day (talk about sad... :()

Lol, infact, I think there were times when aboard that the SMILE (grin) just got bigger and bigger that first day...

I was just about bursting as we were walking up the Gang Plank... and the Champagne was an awesome touch... then it was off to the Oceanview Cafe where the views were stunning, the food bountiful, the company of old friends & new AMAZING... and the 2nd round of cocktails... Tropical !!

Yessss it was a FABULOUS trip, that just got better and better for 6 Days straight !!

Packing and putting out our luggage on Day 7, was the biggest downer, next to actually leaving.

But the memories & pics are great... cannot wait to go back for another dose of Caribbean Warmth (Sun & Hospitality) next January !!

You have yourself a great cruise.

Cheers!

Be sure to check to see if you need a photo id in some ports to reboard. We found this true in Florida and San Juan on embarkation day.
Photocopy of passport is ideal ID to carry off ship to use for this purpose -- easily replaced if necessary, tiny when folded, and no worry about possible loss or theft.

Passport is all that is needed. I would just put it in the safe when you get on board the ship and don't take it out until you leave.

Unless, of course, they tell you to take it on shore.

We are going to Alaska so I don't think we will need to do that.

Some cruises they take your passport (like South America) and then return

them towards the end.

Happy sailing.

Archived