Room for the day....

Has anyone rented a room for the day in Fll.? After our cruise, our flight home doesnt depart until 6 pm, so we are hoping we can get a room for the day. Anybody ever do that, and where was it so I can check on it.

Thanks

Did you book your air through Royal?

We did and have got flights after our Transatlantic, back to LHR that are in the evening.

We did, however upgrade the seats on the flight and we got a day room at the Sheraton Miami Airport hotel included in this?

Includes tranfers from ship to hotel and hotel to airport.

May be worth asking?

It wasn't a great deal more to change classes on the aircraft, better seat for your night flight home and a room for the day?

Day rooms availablity will vary with demand - you're cruising this month which is prime tourist season in South FLA. I've had hit and miss experience with both beach hotels as well as airport hotels (that should be used to dealing with craxy flight hours). Good luck! :)

your best bet is to call the hotels directly..not the central reservations numbers...BUT most will not know until the day or so before......IME hotels closer to airports are more likely to offer this as they're used to flight crews coming and going at all hours...

Did you book your air through Royal?

We did and have got flights after our Transatlantic, back to LHR that are in the evening.

We did, however upgrade the seats on the flight and we got a day room at the Sheraton Miami Airport hotel included in this?

Includes tranfers from ship to hotel and hotel to airport.

May be worth asking?

It wasn't a great deal more to change classes on the aircraft, better seat for your night flight home and a room for the day?

Hi Gingerbint

I am on the same TA as you and we added our RCCL flights through our travel agent for £360 each. We still dont know what time our flight back will be although im assuming it will be in the evening.

Did you arrange this through a travel agent or direct with RCCL as me and Kev would be interested in upgrading our flight home and having somewhere to chill out before the long flight home :)

Angie X

Hi Gingerbint

I am on the same TA as you and we added our RCCL flights through our travel agent for £360 each. We still dont know what time our flight back will be although im assuming it will be in the evening.

Did you arrange this through a travel agent or direct with RCCL as me and Kev would be interested in upgrading our flight home and having somewhere to chill out before the long flight home :)

Angie X

Angie,

You should be able to get your flight time details from your TA, when we booked we were told our flight time and number, it was a 1745 flight from Miami to LHR with BA.

When I then called about upgrading another day and chose to pay to change to World Traveller plus we were given a later flight option (2045) and the room for the day.

Also If you do call to upgrade try and get your own booking ref for the flight so you can pre book your seats. Royal can and will do this if you ask as otherwise you will be in a group booking reference (even if/though you are not booked with anyone else, Royal have a block booking) and the airline will not be able to do anything if you called re seats/special requests.

We had this issue a couple of years ago, we have friends who work for the airline and they were trying to reserve seats on the flight for us but were unable as we were in a group booking.

See you on our T.A x

Archived