an interesting 'take' on Carnival stock..

Stakeout

got this off of Yahoo Finance CCL --news..

as these recent events played out Carnival Corp--- as is their usual-- handled their PR with their customary 'I could care less' attitude.. they ought to rethink who handles their PR and 'do the right thing for once'.. and maybe wake up the big boss-- Mickey A -- sitting in his pretty offices in Miami making all the wrong calls..

http://seekingalpha.com/article/411261-carnival-faces-public-relations-nightmare?source=yahoo

You must not be familiar with seeking alpha. This is not "news." This is basically some person writing their opinion about CCL. It is no different than if someone linked a post from this Cruise Critic board to another site and called it news.

The stock price has remained in a very narrow range since the incidents.

I think it is an opportunity to buy.

With the dividend and the $100 OBC per cruise this is a good investment for thoes who choose to cruise often !

Eventually in a year or 2 the stock will again be back! How could it not with the price of excursions, drinks, and shipboard purchases!

You must not be familiar with seeking alpha. This is not "news." This is basically some person writing their opinion about CCL. It is no different than if someone linked a post from this Cruise Critic board to another site and called it news.

I am and I know what it is... it is listed under NEWS under the CCL symbol.. I didn't list it they did

and from the Financial Times.. http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/51ada0a0-6487-11e1-9aa1-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1oRT5yEL6

I am and I know what it is... it is listed under NEWS under the CCL symbol.. I didn't list it they did

ROFL.

Yeah it is "news" from that internationally well-known financial columnist whose SN is Little Apple. That's almost as impressive as you writing a post here and someone else linking to it and calling it news written by Stakeout.

And if you still think that Little Apple and the rest of the anonymous bloggers there are the eqivalent of reporters or even financial columnists, then you obviously still don't understand how seeking alpha operates. As I noted before, it is no different than people linking to this thread and calling the comments posted here news.

The stock price has remained in a very narrow range since the incidents.

I think it is an opportunity to buy.

...Eventually in a year or 2 the stock will again be back! How could it not with the price of excursions, drinks, and shipboard purchases!

I can think of a few ways. Lets see how things play out in Europe.:eek:

Smooth sailing...

Costa is an autonomous line (as HAL is) & doubt that it will continue have much of an impact on Carnival stock very long..

CCL stock today is up 95 cents to $30.43..

We purchased it at $18.25 three years ago, have received dividends quarterly & also have received $850 in OBC's on HAL since then..:D:D

Even at this price my advice would be to buy it if you cruise on Carnival ships a lot..

Best investment we ever made!:)

Betty

Archived