Conquest's future?

mom4mj

When the new Sunshine starts sailing from New Orleans in November 2013, I wonder where Carnival will send the Conquest? Looking at the itineraries, it seems like the Sunshine is taking over exactly what the Conquest has been doing.

I've heard rumblings of Carnival maybe trying some longer Southern Caribbean itineraries out of the Gulf area. I wonder if that may be the future for the Conquest? :confused:

When the new Sunshine starts sailing from New Orleans in November 2013, I wonder where Carnival will send the Conquest? Looking at the itineraries, it seems like the Sunshine is taking over exactly what the Conquest has been doing.

I've heard rumblings of Carnival maybe trying some longer Southern Caribbean itineraries out of the Gulf area. I wonder if that may be the future for the Conquest? :confused:

Think Costa!

I would LOVE that! I really enjoyed my time on Conquest and hope she sticks around for a while! I only sailed her from Galveston, but had been thinking about a future booking from NOLA. I've been contemplating doing the "drive to the port" thing, airfare has become crazy now! I've checked mileage from the ports "nearest" to me (LOL, MN!), and NOLA is the closest, with Galveston 2nd, Baltimore 3rd and Charleston 4th. I'm thinking I need a NOLA cruise, though I'm hesitant to try the "Sunshine"... just don't think that I will enjoy the refurbs, because they don't seem like refurbs to me. JMHO. The TA repo does look intriguing though... and the price really isn't that bad for a 16 day!

I wonder if they'd put the Elation in Mobile and have the Conquest take over the 4-5 night runs out of NOLA. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see ;)

Not likely. Carnival uses the larger ships for 7 day cruises and the smaller ones for shorter ones.

Not likely. Carnival uses the larger ships for 7 day cruises and the smaller ones for shorter ones.

Probaly wont happen but Triumph out of Galveston does shorter cruises and Destiny was doing short cruises out of Miami

I wonder if they'd put the Elation in Mobile and have the Conquest take over the 4-5 night runs out of NOLA. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see ;)

I don't care what ship they put there.... just put one back in Mobile!! It's an easy drive for us... I could cruise a couple more times a year if I could just drive to Mobile.... Are ya listening, Carnival????

Yeah, mostly the Fantasy class ships. However, the Triumph isn't much smaller than the Conquest and does 4-5 night runs out of Galveston. i guess it just depends on how busy/profitable the homeport is, ships sail full from here (Galveston) most of the time.

Archived