Questions re: Vision Class RCI

gebo

Just booked a cruise on the Vision, mainly for the ports. Only my second RCI cruise.

Need info;

Do I need to bring my own robe (8 cruise points)?

What amenities are in the bath?

Is there no fridge in the room (D1)

Is there only one show a night, what time?

Is there a wine card?

Can I bring wine onboard?

Is there a midnight buffet?

Thanks for the info, sorry if all of this is redundant.

Just booked a cruise on the Vision, mainly for the ports. Only my second RCI cruise.

Need info;

Do I need to bring my own robe (8 cruise points)? Yes, if you really want one.

What amenities are in the bath? shampoo/mystery gel dispenser in shower. Bar soap.

Is there no fridge in the room (D1) D1 rooms have a fridge/cooler

Is there only one show a night, what time?

Is there a wine card? There is a wine package for bottles.

Can I bring wine onboard? No

Is there a midnight buffet? No, but there might be a late night pool buffet.

Thanks for the info, sorry if all of this is redundant.

We don't usually attend shows, so I don't pay too much attention to the schedule.

Hey all, just a note that the Vision Class is my personal favorite; not too big so it docks in many ports that larger ships tender, lots of glass (love the Romeo and Juliet MDR), great solarium, big enough to handle rough waters, and small enough to get to know folks! Paul

I am close to booking the Vision for Nov. 12th of this year. Any info, reviews, pics would be greatly appreciated. This seems to be the mystery class of the Royal Caribbean fleet.

I was on the Vision last October. This was my 2nd cruise on her. I was on her when she was RCCL's newest ship and was very impressed with her. Now, not so much. Some basics, like a refrigerator, are missing in the standard staterooms. The solarium area and the steam room/ saunas are my fantastic, although they make you go outside to sign out towels and it was freezing at times and the towels were chilled from being out there. The food was only fair. But what it really lacked in was service. It seemed like a lot of the crew was unorganized. Breakfast in the mdr was an excruciatingly long affair which is unacceptable when people need to be off the ship bright and early for shore excursions. They seemed to run out of a lot of basics, like yogurt. My dinner waiter was a disaster and I only returned to that table because I enjoyed being with my tablemates. My cabin steward threw out things that weren't in the trash can. When I inquired about why he did that he said, "I wasn't sure if you wanted it." Then why throw it out if there was doubt. Stupid man. The one feature of the ship I enjoyed was the music in the Centrum. There were serveral groups that played there and I enjoyed them all. Hopefully by the time you go the staff will be completely different and the food and service will improve. I haven't kept up with the reviews to see if they have since I'm not interested in booking any of the itineraries at this time.

I was on the Vision last October. This was my 2nd cruise on her. I was on her when she was RCCL's newest ship and was very impressed with her. Now, not so much. Some basics, like a refrigerator, are missing in the standard staterooms. The solarium area and the steam room/ saunas are my fantastic, although they make you go outside to sign out towels and it was freezing at times and the towels were chilled from being out there. The food was only fair. But what it really lacked in was service. It seemed like a lot of the crew was unorganized. Breakfast in the mdr was an excruciatingly long affair which is unacceptable when people need to be off the ship bright and early for shore excursions. They seemed to run out of a lot of basics, like yogurt. My dinner waiter was a disaster and I only returned to that table because I enjoyed being with my tablemates. My cabin steward threw out things that weren't in the trash can. When I inquired about why he did that he said, "I wasn't sure if you wanted it." Then why throw it out if there was doubt. Stupid man. The one feature of the ship I enjoyed was the music in the Centrum. There were serveral groups that played there and I enjoyed them all. Hopefully by the time you go the staff will be completely different and the food and service will improve. I haven't kept up with the reviews to see if they have since I'm not interested in booking any of the itineraries at this time.

Thanks for the mini-review. :) We are booked next February for one of the Southern Caribbean itineraries. It would be nice if Vision was refurbished before then....but we are looking forward to a unique itinerary. And hopefully, there might have been staff turnover by then. :D

Archived