Best Orlando-Port Canaveral Transportation

TJ7334

I'll post when we get back, but we don't sail until January 4th. We reserved a car for our transportation both to and from the ship. The car both ways was less than transfers for three one way. Now we have the flexibility to stop for wine, sunscreen, soda oh and more wine since we only do carry ons and we can't carry these things on the plane;)

The drive is about an hour

It is an easy drive, and you will be glad you have your own transportation to be able to do things on the way to the port! Don't forget to have some quarters and dollar bills on you for the tolls. Have fun!

Thank you for the code! I think I got the booking for half off. I do not cruise until April, but I have been scouring sites for transportation, and nothing compares just from the airport to the hotel. Now I can pick up the water I like to take on a cruise as well as go to Cocoa Beach the day before the cruise and not worry about transportation.

• 2 months later...
We'll be flying into Orlando and traveling from there to Port Canaveral. I wanted to share the various options I located. Please add to this thread with the options you have found. Thanks!

Cocoa Beach shuttle (ask for cruisecritic discount of 10% off of the following) http://www.cbshuttle.com/ 321-631-4144

1 person $33, 2 people $58, 3 for $68, 4 for $75, 5 for $85, 6 for $95, 7 for $100, 8 for $110

Cruisexpressfla https://www.cruisexpressfla.com/main/ 352-551-5032

1 person $50, 2 for $100, 3 for $150, 4 for $200

Star Trans http://www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com/ 407-810-7272

Per family/group prices. 1-4 people $110 + 20% gratuity. 5-7 $125 + 20%.

TraveLynx http://www.travelynxusa.com/ 321-631-7777

Must fill out quote request form.

Executive VIP Limo http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/ 321-505-0009

Must call. Site claims $85+ for up to 3 passengers each way

Beachline Transportation. http://beachlineshuttle.net/ 321-453-9660

Must call. Suggests Snooze and Cruise 321-305-6969

Sunrise Florida Transportation http://www.transportationflorida.com/ 866-709-8769

1-4 passengers: $75 one way/$140 round trip

1-9: $90/$170

1-14: $140/$280

AAA Access Transport http://www.aaa-access-transport.com/ 407-832-1650

Must call. Supposedly $35 per person round trip

Family One Transportation https://familyonetransportation.com/ 866-351-9991

Must call.

Port Canaveral Cruise Shuttles http://portcanaveralcruiseshuttles.com/ 877-580-6672

1 person $35 one way/$70 round trip, 2- $60/$80, 3-$70/$120, 4-$80/$155

Rental Cars:

Priceline is showing rental cars at $53+ per day if you want to pick up at the airport in Orlando and drop off at Cape Canaveral. The reverse trip at the end of the cruise is showing $62+ per day. Two days would basically be $116+taxes.

To rent for a full week is $123/$159 with taxes and that might be a consideration if you are staying at a hotel that allows free parking.

Check www.mousesavers.com.

Thanks so very much for this list. Mary49

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I just got off the Freedom of the Seas and CruiseXpress provided us great service (https://www.cruisexpressfla.com/main/). I would highly recommend using them. Wanda, the owner, is in constant communication with you and directs you exactly where to go for pick up at both the airport and the port. The price is outstanding, and the level of service provided goes above and beyond.

I have a Chevy Cruze rented for my Cruise :D on Nov 10th. It is $38 for the day and I'm picking it up at MCO and dropping off in Canaveral. Granted, I'm using my Delta Skymiles code and my Avis Wizard number, but there are discounts out there.

We are cruising in January out of Port Canaveral. I have booked Florida Sunshine Shuttle at a price of $23.00 per person including tax & gratuities. There are 15 of us arriving at MCO and we will be transported to Radisson at the Port. I personally have not used them before, but a friend who is traveling with us uses this company every year.

I have a Chevy Cruze rented for my Cruise :D on Nov 10th. It is $38 for the day and I'm picking it up at MCO and dropping off in Canaveral. Granted, I'm using my Delta Skymiles code and my Avis Wizard number, but there are discounts out there.

I just rebooked with Avis for $23 + taxes for the Cruze. A subcompact is as low as $16/pd. This is the rate for dropping off in Cape Canaveral. Avis offers a free shuttle to the ships.

Has anybody used TransLuxO shuttle service?

I do not recall seeing them mentioned on these boards. :confused: The popular choices are Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Executive VIP, Travelynx, Star Transportation, and others. Good luck! :)

I just rebooked with Avis for $23 + taxes for the Cruze. A subcompact is as low as $16/pd. This is the rate for dropping off in Cape Canaveral. Avis offers a free shuttle to the ships.

I dont know how all of you find these cheap rates. Granted I am looking for a mini van in the beginning of February, but I do not even see rates close to these lows.

I dont know how all of you find these cheap rates. Granted I am looking for a mini van in the beginning of February, but I do not even see rates close to these lows.

Mini-vans are always expensive in FLA because of the number of families vacationing and February will be even higher because of everone trying to escape the cold and snow. Are you booking anywhere close to the President's day holiday? :confused:

It may be cheaper to book two smaller cars if you need that much space. Prices this far out will tend to be high -- I would compare rates at a site like www dot carrentals dot com, book something now that you can live with, and then keep shopping; prices often bottom out 2-3 weeks before your trip as managers look as inventory levels -- much closer you can get some last minute deals :D or pay more because of price spikes. :eek:

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've booked transportation from a MCO hotel to the port and back for 2 people for $70 roundtrip total using Port Canaveral Cruise Shuttles. I only saw the one negative review but I will be posting my experience as well. Hopefully all goes well...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forums mobile app

We have booked a rental car from Orlando airport to Port, drop off and pick up again after the cruise, where we head back to Orlando for a night, returning it to airport.

We are five people so it seemed the best option, especially since we will be in Orlando a night and need a car.

The reason I did not consider a snooze and cruise at Cape Canaveral is that we need a child seat and they charge anywhere from $10-$13 a day so I would have to pay for it while it is sitting in a hotel parking lot.

What I am wondering, from people's experience, is the ease or complex of getting Hertz shuttle from ship to rental agency. Is it there waiting at port or do you have to call? Is there a specific time? I wonder if it will be better to quickly grab a cab and head to Hertz instead of trying to locate the shuttle and arrive at Hertz and wait with other people renting cars.

I appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

What I am wondering, from people's experience, is the ease or complex of getting Hertz shuttle from ship to rental agency. Is it there waiting at port or do you have to call? Is there a specific time? I wonder if it will be better to quickly grab a cab and head to Hertz instead of trying to locate the shuttle and arrive at Hertz and wait with other people renting cars.

I appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

It was easy to find the shuttle, but it was a bit of a wait after the cruise. When we got off from the ship, there were areas to wait for various shuttles, they had signs up where they picked up. There were several people in front of us, so we had to wait for the shuttle to make a couple of runs back and forth. We would have just grabbed a cab, but we didn't find one available before the shuttle returned. It wasn't a big deal or hassle, we waited about a half hour at the pier, then when we got to the rental agency we waited about 40 minutes to get a car.

We're doing a rental van in Feb and got a good deal $44 from dollar.com. Go to their website and click on deals and you'll see it there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there all

We are traveling on the Freedom in October 2014 - our second trip aboard her. Last trip we used Roberts Transportation and paid $39 pp round trip MCO to Port and Port to MCO. The ride out to Cape Canaveral was nice, only a few others in the van with us. The ride back to the airport was a horror show... the van was over stuffed and we had to place some luggage on our laps - due to the people who always bring too much uggg... My legs were asleep and numb not even half way back to the airport! We are trying to find a better way. Roberts is still quoting $39 pp round trip. Looking for current information.

Thanks

Shanny and Scott H

Is it too early to find rental car deals if we're looking for the end of March? I see several deals on the Dollar site, but most expire before then. Or is end of March just not going to have the good deals? TIA

Hi,

look at this link, maybe you will find a deal.

http://rentalcodes.com/FL/port_canaveral.html

I try to book a car in advance even few months ahead and check often for some price drops. I cancell whatever is priced higher. I used Budget code Y937800 in the past and did get some savings. I think that code is still good to the end of 2014 but check it in the provided link.

Also check this one:

http://www.mousesavers.com/budget-rental-car-discounts/

Edited by wieslaw

I called this company to reserve a shuttle from MCO to Cape Canaveral and they answered the phone as Orlando Transportation and Tours. Does anyone know anything about this service. I've read reviews about being careful of name changes of companies...

Used Cruise Xpress for a one way back to MCO from the Port and had a great experience with Wanda. Carnival got us off the boat earlier than the rest of her passengers so Wanda picked us up in her personal car and drove us to the airport so we wouldn't have to wait around. $25 per person each way isn't bad for that kind of service either!

Our flight into MCO before the cruise was severely early - 5:30am or so. Decided to rent a car from Budget to just drive to the port and stop for breakfast along the way and Walmart for final supplies. Good idea in theory...

Budget counter took 45 mins for the guy to help 3 of us in line. He then barked at me when I declined the LDW "Who's going to be responsible for MY CAR when you damage it??" Then, was driving down the toll road to the port, threw my coins in the basket and nothing happened. The car in front of me had problems too. A man appeared from one of the booths and I stopped him and told him what happened and he shrugged and asked if I had thrown foreign coins in. W T F?? I'm a white guy from NC originally but now in CA. When I told him it was quarters he shrugged again, said he didn't have a dollar and said "I guess you just run it?" I drove off with the toll booth alarms going off. So far, Budget hasn't charged me anything extra but I made sure to mention it when I dropped off the car.

That brings me to my last problem with Budget. I chose them because they had a shuttle to the port... except they didn't mention that the shuttle won't start taking you until around 10:30am! We dropped the car off around 9 and saw the shuttle drive up and empty out passengers from the ships. The driver then started to pull away with an empty van and I got his attention and that's when he told me they weren't taking anyone over, never do until later. Another customer overheard and offered to share a taxi to the port which we did. We were through security and had our key cards and were waiting to board the ship before Budget was even going to bring us to the port!

Edited by grsshppr

• 1 month later...
We are cruising in January out of Port Canaveral. I have booked Florida Sunshine Shuttle at a price of $23.00 per person including tax & gratuities. There are 15 of us arriving at MCO and we will be transported to Radisson at the Port. I personally have not used them before, but a friend who is traveling with us uses this company every year.

How did this turn out? Were you happy with their service?

I was looking for shuttle transportation for between 9-12 from an airport hotel to the port and back, and got good customer service and price from Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Since most of their vans hold 12, we'll probably have the shuttle to ourselves. On the return most of our party have flights just after 12:00, which I reiterated the the rep., and she stated that it'll be no problem making it to airport in time since all of us will be doing self-debarkation.

• 1 month later...