Best Orlando-Port Canaveral Transportation

TJ7334

Sometimes the rental car shuttles don't come for 20 minutes to drive you to the off-site lot with cars and you are stuck waiting...It was horrible for us 2 yrs ago. We waited and waited, watching everyone else leave on the large bus:eek:es. Then when we finally got to the lot, there were only 2 cars available and NOT the one we reserved. I wont use a car rental again for that route.

• 3 weeks later...

There were several posts about planning to use Port Canaveral Cruise Shuttles, but I have not seen anything about the results so I will post my experience. We booked round trip for 2 persons at a total of $70 plus gratuity of 15%. We were given a window of 11-11:30 to be picked up at the hotel near MCO. The shuttle arrived at 11:20 with a family of 4 already on board. The vehicle was large, with comfortable seats and good leg room. One could stand up comfortably while boarding. We then went to the airport where a number of people were waiting. Everything went smoothly until a party of 2 failed to show. The driver kept trying to make contact by cell phone. After about 20 minutes they showed up, the man still sauntering along as he talked on his cell phone, the woman appearing to have not a care in the world. We then proceeded to Port Canaveral making excellent time. Please note, the interruption was no fault of the shuttle service and if anything they should be credited with making sure all the reserved passengers were on board rather than leaving the last couple to fend for themselves. On the return trip the window for pick up was from 9-9:30 a.m. We picked up from 2 ships and were on the freeway to MCO by 9:35 a.m. and at the airport by 10:20 a.m. I highly recommend this shuttle company which was efficient and very reasonably priced.

• 1 month later...

We sail on Jan 4 on the Disney Magic. I've reserved several rental cars to get us from MCO to cruise ship. I have NOT found any good rates! In fact they are astronomical for example, $186 for a one-way rental to PC and $233 for the return trip back to MCO!! The reserved vehicles are minivans. It's 4 of us traveling. My wife and twins, 10 yrs old. This is our first time leaving out of PC, but our 2nd Disney cruise. I don't want to pay this much for ground transportation. Any help with finding lower rates is appreciated. I Looked into Priceline car rentals (tip from this thread) but maybe I was doing something wrong because I could not see rates it said something was wrong with my location. Maybe it was because of the one-way rental. At this late date maybe I can still book a limo or shuttle. But wanted the convenience of driving my family, especially on the return. Our flight is at 7pm & wanted to see the city a bit as we've never been to Orlando.

As mentioned by the Queen above, reserve the car for a full day - there is no penalty for dropping it early.

Because of the large number of families renting a van in FLA is always expensive - can the 4 of you plus bags fit into a standard sized car? :confused:

Use a comparison site like expedia or carrentals dot com or go to the specific company site if you have a discount code. Check mouse savers or other WDW oriented site for discount codes. Good luck! :)

Thanks so much for your responses. What I failed to mention was that I was trying to book online through priceline from my iPhone, while at work last night. And this morn when I on this board it was also from my iPhone. Well, I'm home now and tried booking again on priceline, from my desktop. I was able to book a minivan for $60 to get us to the boat and another for $96 to get us back to MCO. Had I not read these boards I'd have never thought of using priceline!! This has saved us a considerable amount of money. The above prices are from Budget Rental car, through Priceline website and include all taxes/fees.

Thinking of renting a car from the airport to our motel in Cocoa Beach and take car back the day before or cruise, as we can shuttle that morning to the port on the hotel shuttle. Question? Which Budget or car rental we'll be close enough to CoCoa Beach and shuttle us back to our hotel which is right by the Cocoa Beach Pier?

Thinking of renting a car from the airport to our motel in Cocoa Beach and take car back the day before or cruise, as we can shuttle that morning to the port on the hotel shuttle. Question? Which Budget or car rental we'll be close enough to CoCoa Beach and shuttle us back to our hotel which is right by the Cocoa Beach Pier?

You can walk from Avid to the pier. Budget is probably the farthest

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We are using Budget and staying near the Cocoa Beach Pier also. We are returning the car the day of cruise and using the car rental shuttle to the port. The hotel shuttle may not run or full at the time we want to go so we can run on our own schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're going two nights before we cruise, so just dropping it off the day before we cruise. They have a 10:30 shuttle from our motel so that would be perfect. If not we can taxi. We're going to get our water and pop and wine while we have the car. We are right on the beach by the Pier so lots of things to do without a car. 35 more days!

Does anyone know if there is an issue of what time the rental car companies will shuttle you to the port? Say, if we drop off at Budget at 9:00, will we be able to shuttle to port before 10:00 . . . we are early birds and rather be settled reading at port than be waiting around the rental car office.

Does anyone know if there is an issue of what time the rental car companies will shuttle you to the port? Say, if we drop off at Budget at 9:00, will we be able to shuttle to port before 10:00 . . . we are early birds and rather be settled reading at port than be waiting around the rental car office.

I have the same question. I booked with Avis.

I have the same question. I booked with Avis.

Hi,

it has been a little more than a year since we used Alamo shuttle to the port .... but I think the policy is still the same.

They would not take us or anyone else to port before 10:30am per port authority request. Too many people at the terminals still leaving the area. They were picking people from the ships but not bringing the new guests to the port.

• 2 months later...

I highly recommend Orlando Chauffeured Services for transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral https://orlandochauffeuredservices Daniel Farinha of Orlando Chauffeured Services, Inc. was easy to work with, charged us the exact amount quoted and the tip was left up to us. Our family of 7 had a big 12 passenger van which allowed for comfortable seating and our cruise luggage. The driver, Dave, tracked our flight and called us when as soon as we landed. He met us in baggage claim...was courteous, neatly dressed and a good driver. He took us to the Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral. The hotel provided transportation to the ship for a small fee. Great service from Orlando Chauffeured Services 407-470-6008.

• 1 month later...

After reading the reviews, I finally decided to go with Mears Transportation. They provided us round trip transportation to the cruise ship, and from the airport to Carib Royal Resort prior to our cruise, and from Castaway Bay Hotel (Universal Studio) to the airport after our cruise. My main worry was that I would pay for a transportation company, and they would leave me stranded after taking my money. Mears had the best reviews, and offered a discount as well. Most companies automatically add a 10% gratuity to your final transportation bill, but they add 5%. We had a great driver, Richard "Rick" Young who mad us feel very welcomed while in Florida. He always arrived early and was very courteous to say the very least. I would recommend this company, and would ask for this driver if he is available.

I have a early flight I can't get anything better. Our flight is at10:20 MCO so I have booked a shuttle for the six of us( We will do the self assist) I have booked with OCS Orlando Chauffeured Services.They say they will have a driver waiting at PC for us at 7:30 am. No where have I seen them mentioned on the god or bad list.

I have a early flight I can't get anything better. Our flight is at10:20 MCO so I have booked a shuttle for the six of us( We will do the self assist) I have booked with OCS Orlando Chauffeured Services.They say they will have a driver waiting at PC for us at 7:30 am. No where have I seen them mentioned on the god or bad list.

Good luck! Orlando security can have really long lines. The last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral our ship had a medical emergency the day before and had to take an unepected detour. We never got into Port Canaveral until 8am and no one was allowed to disembark before 9am. :(

yes i am little nervous

... and they were more than we expected or paid for.

Your real concern may be once you get to the airport as Orlando (MCO) is notorious for long security lines with all the 'tourists covered in oil' - sorry Buffett fan.

Enjoy and make the most of the vacation.

• 1 month later...

SpacePort Transport is reliable,friendly, accommodating, with fair pricing... We are a 3 generation family of 9 from NC who used SpacePort Transport from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach, next day to Port Canaveral Cruise Port, then post-cruise to Kennedy Space Center & 5 hours later, back to the Orlando Airport. Jerry & Cari included a grocery store stop on the way to our hotel and accommodated us with an unplanned stop for more diapers on the way to the Space Center. Their shuttle van pulls a locked trailer for luggage, which they held for us while we were at the Space Center. They have multiple size vans, based on group size. We had the largest van and were seated very comfortably. I highly recommend SpacePort Transport with Jerry & Cari (husband & wife team). Your transportation needs will be in good hands.