Please tell me when is not spring break

Isasprings

College is March. Highschool though usually coincides with Easter. At least here in New Jersey it does. So our Spring Break is april 6-15, this year. But all schools differ.

I agree. Most colleges are done with their breaks or will be done after this week. Our schools here are closed for spring break at various times. My district is closed from April 6-15 as well.

I think it probably depends why you want to avoid spring break; I have to vacation during spring break because I work in a high school and so I'm locked into my vacation time. In my experience, the K-12 spring breaks around Easter time are fine in terms of crowds. Lots of families, and while I'm not a fan of little kids, I hardly saw them on my last cruise even though the CD said there were more than 600 kids on board that week. Camp Carnival and its staff are THAT good.

If you're trying to avoid the college spring break partiers, that'll mostly be done after this next week. Not many colleges take their spring breaks into April, because the semester ends in May anyway.

My son's college spring break is March 17th through the 25th, and our local community college is this ends this weekend. A near by private college is having 2, one next week and then another April 6th to the 15th. Our local grade through high schools have their spring break either starting or ending Easter weekend, it seems half the county goes the first week the other half the 2nd.

I am on Spring Break as teacher April 2-6, this is school system. I have went on cruises several time around this time of the year and not a whole lot of problems, not many college students, more high school and under.

My youngest son has spring break this week. (He's on a cruise with nine friends - all are 21. :eek:) He also has a one week semester break the last week of April. Don't know how many of the 15,000 students at his school will cruise, but they will have the opportunity.

Our local school system has spring break from April 23 to April 27, as does half of our state.

Please I want to know is April still spring break for college students

I always cruise on May but never April and I need a cruise ASAP.:)

Almost all colleges will be finished with spring break by the end of March, it is very rare that they go any later than that, because schools try to hit the middle of the semester which is between 7 and 8 weeks from when they start.

What you will discover is that MOST colleges are on spring break, either this week or next.

Your bigger issue with spring break on a cruise is with the K-12 group, who cause much greater problems than the college students. K-12 spring break will run until at least April 15th (which is the Sunday after Easter).

I would think mid-April until end of May would be safe.

Colleges begin completing exams about the 7th of May so if you are trying to avoid college age students get it in no later than the first week of May.

College is March. Highschool though usually coincides with Easter. At least here in New Jersey it does. So our Spring Break is april 6-15, this year. But all schools differ.

That's the way it was when I grew up in NY; however, I live in TN now and virtually all high schools in TN have Spring Break in March. My kids are off the week of 3/19 this year.

Archived