Complete list of stateroom categories on each ship

mitsguy2001

It occurred to me that many of the people who would find this list to be of interest, especially people new to Carnival, might not know what the different ship classes that I referenced were. Each class is:

Fantasy Class: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise

Destiny: is in its own class, and will soon be upgraded to the Sunshine

Triumph Class: Triumph, Victory

Spirit Class: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle

Conquest Class: Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom

Splendor: is in its own class

Dream Class: Dream, Magic, Breeze

Thanks OP, great post for this first timer on Carnival. :D

Here’s my list of 1A room descriptions, since this has been a hot topic on this thread. It is certainly the most difficult category to describe, since rooms can vary so greatly. If a particular room number is not mentioned here, that means that the room has one regular bed & one upper bunk, no view, & is not handicapped. Some of this is different than the list on the first post of the “Everything 1A” thread. For those few rooms, I am going with what cruisedeckplans & Carnival’s website both agree to be the case for that room. I probably have something wrong, but I did my best. I’ve added a few comments regarding room size, based on measurements I took, having stayed in one of those rooms.

FANTASY class: Decks 4, 6, & 7. All are one twin bed plus an upper, and have been measured as being approximately 150 sq.ft.

SPIRIT class: only 5 of these rooms per ship (deck 1). All have 2 regular twin beds, can be pushed together.

DESTINY / SUNSHINE: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd & aft), 6 (fwd)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1101, 1102, 1105, 1106

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 2101, 2102, 2105, 2106

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, and 2 picture windows: 2334, 2335

Handicapped room: 1309

TRIUMPH class: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd & aft), 6 (fwd)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 1205, 1206

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & no view: 2201, 2202, 2207, 2208

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, and 2 picture windows: 2444, 2445. measured to be approximately 230-235 sq.ft.

Handicapped room: 1405

CONQUEST class: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd), 6 (fwd, mid), 7 (mid), 8 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1211, 1212

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1207, 1208, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Rooms with 2 regular beds, that can be pushed together: 6393, 7345, 8357

SPLENDOR: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd), 6 (mid), 7 (mid), 8 (mid), 10 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1205, 1206

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Handicapped rooms: All 4 on Deck 10

DREAM: Decks 1 (fwd, mid, aft), 2 (fwd & mid), 6 (fwd & mid), 8 (mid), 9 (mid), 11 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1203, 1204

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217. measured to be 185 sq.ft, so is probably true of other ships with these types of rooms.

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & no view: 2203, 2204, 2207, 2208

Handicapped rooms: All 4 on Deck 11

MAGIC & BREEZE: Decks 1 (fwd, mid, aft), 2 (fwd & mid), 6 (fwd & mid), 8 (mid), 9 (mid), 11 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1212, 1215

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1210, 1211, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Edited by k2excursion

Here’s my list of 1A room descriptions, since this has been a hot topic on this thread. It is certainly the most difficult category to describe, since rooms can vary so greatly. If a particular room number is not mentioned here, that means that the room has one regular bed & one upper bunk, no view, & is not handicapped. Some of this is different than the list on the first post of the “Everything 1A” thread. For those few rooms, I am going with what cruisedeckplans & Carnival’s website both agree to be the case for that room.

Although, if anyone has recent firsthand knowledge of a room (by having stayed in it recently on a specific ship), that would trump Carnival's description. But it is very possible that some rooms may have been reconfigured, or that there are differences between ships within the same class.

I probably have something wrong, but I did my best. I’ve added a few comments regarding room size, based on measurements I took, having stayed in one of those rooms.

FANTASY class: Decks 4, 6, & 7. All are one twin bed plus an upper, and have been measured as being approximately 150 sq.ft.

SPIRIT class: only 5 of these rooms per ship (deck 1). All have 2 regular twin beds, can be pushed together.

On the Spirit Class, what is the difference between the Cat. 1A rooms and the regular inside Cat. 4A rooms? From your description, they sound the same, since you say none of them are upper / lower.

DESTINY / SUNSHINE: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd & aft), 6 (fwd)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1101, 1102, 1105, 1106

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 2101, 2102, 2105, 2106

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, and 2 picture windows: 2334, 2335

There are 1A rooms with 2 picture windows? That's a surprise. I guess it has that designation due to the upper / lower bed configuration.

Handicapped room: 1309

TRIUMPH class: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd & aft), 6 (fwd)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 1205, 1206

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, and 2 picture windows: 2444, 2445. measured to be approximately 230-235 sq.ft.

Again, I'm surprised about the 1A's with the 2 picture windows.

Handicapped room: 1405

CONQUEST class: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd), 6 (fwd, mid), 7 (mid), 8 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1211, 1212

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1207, 1208, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Rooms with 2 regular beds, that can be pushed together: 6393, 7345, 8357

Why are those considered 1A if they have the regular bed configuration?

SPLENDOR: Decks 1 (fwd & aft), 2 (fwd), 6 (mid), 7 (mid), 8 (mid), 10 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1205, 1206

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Handicapped rooms: All 4 on Deck 10

DREAM: Decks 1 (fwd, mid, aft), 2 (fwd & mid), 6 (fwd & mid), 8 (mid), 9 (mid), 11 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1203, 1204

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1201, 1202, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217. measured to be 185 sq.ft, so is probably true of other ships with these types of rooms.

MAGIC & BREEZE: Decks 1 (fwd, mid, aft), 2 (fwd & mid), 6 (fwd & mid), 8 (mid), 9 (mid), 11 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1212, 1215

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1210, 1211, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

I'm surprised that the Dream is different from the Magic and Breeze. Besides the 1A rooms, are ther any other differences between the Dream and the other ships in its class.

Thanks for this info. I'm sure people will appreciate it much more than that 28 page thread. :)

I'm surprised that the Dream is different from the Magic and Breeze. Besides the 1A rooms, are ther any other differences between the Dream and the other ships in its class.

Thanks for this info. I'm sure people will appreciate it much more than that 28 page thread. :)

I checked the deck plans, and it appears that the Dream has the same layout as the Magic and Breeze, but for some reason, has a different room numbering system on Deck 1. All the other decks appear the same. I wonder why the Dream has a different numbering system.

On this thread, we should also list other non-standard staterooms, other than just the 1A's. I know some rooms are bigger or smaller than others in the same category. I know some rooms have a view that is obstructed by the window washer. Does anyone have a list of non-standard rooms?

I'm not sure why the Spirit class 1As are not considered category 4s, since the setup is the exact same. On those 3 rooms on Conquest class ships, people have reported that there is an upper bunk in the ceiling of those rooms that is never used. My guess is that it was originally one regular plus an upper, but since there was enough room for a 2nd bed, they put it in there, and just left it as a 1A.

Those 1As with 2 picture windows on the Triumph/Destiny class are the best secret rooms. It's not good for couples, because of the upper bunk for the 2nd person, but it works great for a duo that isn't a couple, with one that doesn't mind climbing up to the bunk. It has a very long hallway, making about 35 sq.ft. unusable, but the other 200 sq.ft. makes for a nice large, cheap cruise room. Plus 2 windows!!! I've stayed in one, on Triumph; very bumpy back there.

You're right that the they changed the numbers for the Magic/Breeze. One big change from the Dream to the Magic is that there are more spa rooms up on deck 12 with the Magic/Breeze.

I'm not sure why the Spirit class 1As are not considered category 4s, since the setup is the exact same. On those 3 rooms on Conquest class ships, people have reported that there is an upper bunk in the ceiling of those rooms that is never used. My guess is that it was originally one regular plus an upper, but since there was enough room for a 2nd bed, they put it in there, and just left it as a 1A.

So, for all intents and purposes, those are regular inside rooms at a discount?

Those 1As with 2 picture windows on the Triumph/Destiny class are the best secret rooms. It's not good for couples, because of the upper bunk for the 2nd person, but it works great for a duo that isn't a couple, with one that doesn't mind climbing up to the bunk. It has a very long hallway, making about 35 sq.ft. unusable, but the other 200 sq.ft. makes for a nice large, cheap cruise room. Plus 2 windows!!! I've stayed in one, on Triumph; very bumpy back there.

I beleive those rooms are Oceanview with the regular bed configuration on the Conquest Class, Splendor, and Dream Class. Why are they able to have the regular bed configuration on the Conquest Class, Splendor, and Dream Class, but not on the Destiny or Triumph Class?

You're right that the they changed the numbers for the Magic/Breeze. One big change from the Dream to the Magic is that there are more spa rooms up on deck 12 with the Magic/Breeze.

I wonder why they changed the room numbers on Deck 1. More spa rooms on Deck 12 wouldn't affect Deck 1. I wonder if maybe the Dream should be considered its own class, and the Magic and Breeze should be considered Magic class.

Finally, I'll do the Sunshine.

1A: Upper / Lower: Scattered around the ship

PT: Porthole, Far forward on Decks 1 and 2 (behind 1A rooms)

Inside (4A - 4G)

4A: Deck 1 Forward or Aft

4B: Deck 1 Midship; Deck 2 Forward or Aft

4C: Deck 2 Midship; Deck 3 Forward

4D: Deck 5 Aft; Deck 6 Forward or Aft

4E: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

4F: Deck 7 Midship; Deck 8 Forward or Aft

4G: Deck 8 Midship; Deck 9 Forward

Interior With Picture Window (Obstructed View) (4J - 4K)

4J: Facing forward on Decks 6 and 7

4K: Deck 3

4S: Spa Inside, Decks 10, 11, and 12 Forward

Oceanview (6A - 6D)

6A: Deck 1 Forward or Aft

6B: Deck 1 Midship; Deck 2 Forward or Aft

6C: Deck 2 Midship

6D: Deck 5 Aft

6J: Scenic Oceanview, Deck 9 facing Forward

6J: Scenic Grand Oceanview, Deck 9 facing Forward

That was a typo: Scenic Grand Oceanview is 6K, not 6J.

Balcony (8A - 8E)

8A: Deck 6 Forward or Aft

8B: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

8C: Deck 7 Midship; Deck 8 Forward or Aft

8D: Deck 8 Midship; Deck 9 Forward

8E: Deck 9 Midship

Aft View Extended Balcony (8M - 8N)

8M: Decks 5, 6, and 7 facing Aft

8N: Deck 8 facing Aft

Spa Balcony (8S - 8T)

8S: Deck 10 Forward

8T: Decks 11 and 12 Forward

9B: Premium Balcony: Deck 8 Aft

9C: Premium Vista Balcony: Aft Wrap on Decks 5, 6, 7, and 8

Suites

GS: Grand Suite: Deck 7

SS: Spa Suite: Deck 10 Forward

CS: Captain's Suite: Deck 9 Forward

2462 and 2465 on conquest class used to both be 1As, but the secret got out just how nice these cabins are and they were changed to regular OVs.

they are like the two on Triumph class mentioned and have TWO pictures windows, and are L shaped. The have twice the length along the hull hence the two pictures windows. There is another cabin nearer the aft that also has two picture windows, not just the one like a regular OV. So these are both nonstandard cabins, even if they are no longer bargain 1As, but now OVs.

Yes, they used to have a upper and you can see it in the ceiling, except its not used.

One difference in the 1As is they can only hold 2 people. Even the ones with 3 beds, only 2 allowed to book a 1A.

On conquest class (and of course triumph class) the corner OV cabins are suite size, though no one would pay suite prices because of the vibration .. but those corner cabins are huge.

Iv booked 6393, the one on deck 8, 8345? 2111, 2117, 2462 and 2465 on conquest and stayed in them all. The ones like 6393 you can still see the upper in the ceiling.

6393 and the other two similar are both wider than a regular inside so are not the same, but better imo. The desk is not broken up and looking at the doorway .. its at least twice as wide there, so lots of space when you walk in.

Picture001.jpg

You can see how much wider the cabin is in this view as well. These are odd shaped/nonstandard cabins, is why they are the 1As.

Picture002.jpg

You asked for odd cabins .. Ive heard of several people who got cabins like this. This was the cabin on Ecstasy, Empress deck closest to the elevator, sold as a regular inside. E127. Notice the POLE when you walk in. I snapped a picture when the cabin steward had the door open to clean, sorry its messy... but you cant miss the POLE.

Picture017-2.jpg

Edited by firefly333

See the two middle OVs across the aft of Triumph?? Notice they are thinner than the other 4 aft facing OVs? I thought it was just the deckplans, but nope. I hated this cabin. The vibration was awful and the cabin was so thin and missing features. This one is on my do not book list, the two middle aft facing cabins. The window is not even a real picture window, its facing downwards and far recessed. Might as well have booked a port hole.

You can also see the two cabins next to the 1A on either side (the ones with picture windows on Triumph, but never converted to two twins, at least not yet)... see the aft corners .. those are the really huge OVs, suite size, but lots of vibration.

1561659295_TriumpAft.jpg.25158c4e35f826a59551d71e200ea682.jpg

Elation still has the boxes in the corner of the cabins, where if you moved the beds together, you have to climb over the corner of the bed which is jammed up catty corner to the orange box you see in the corner.

Ecstasy on other other hand does not have these orange boxes.

I would not pay much extra for a OV on Elation as getting to the window to see out is such a pain by the end of the cruise. So not every cabin on similar ships is the same. I would prefer a OV on Ectasy than on Elation.

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Ok, I decided to list the specifics for each class of ship. I'll start with the Fantasy class (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise)

1A: Upper / Lower: Scattered around the ship

PT: Porthole: Far forward on Decks 4, 5, 6, and 7

Inside (4A - 4I)

4A: Deck 4 Forward or Aft

4B: Deck 4 Midship; Deck 5 Forward or Aft

4C: Deck 5 Midship; Deck 6 Forward or Aft

4D: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

4E: Deck 7 Midship

4F, 4G, 4H: Not used

4I: Deck 11 Forward

Oceanview (6A - 6E)

6A: Deck 4 Forward or Aft

6B: Deck 4 Midship; Deck 5 Forward or Aft

6C: Deck 5 Midship; Deck 6 Forward or Aft

6D: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

6E: Deck 7 Midship

Balcony (8A - 8D): Ecstasy, Sensation, and Fascination only

8A: Deck 5 Aft

8B: Deck 5 Midship; Deck 6 Aft

8C: Deck 7 Aft

8D: Deck 7 Midship

I forgot 8M: Aft view extended balcony, on Decks 6 and 7.

Suites

OB: Obstructed View Suite: Deck 11 Forward (Not as forward as OS)

GS: Grand Suite: Deck 6 Midship

ES: Extended Balcony Grand Suite: Deck 6 Midship, Ecstasy, Sensation, and Fascination only

PH: Owner's Suite, not directly bookable. Not on Elation or Paradise. Deck 12 Forward

One unfortunate quirk that I should mention is that on the Dream Class ships, Carnival will not allow you to book a Cat. 6L or 6M Deluxe Oceanview if there are still Cat. 6A rooms available in the section of the ship that you select.

I had originally wanted an Oceanview on the Magic. I didn't want Deck 1 (no way to know what is below) or on Deck 2 Forward (below the theater), so that left Deck 2 Aft. It would not let me pick a 6M room on Deck 2 Aft since there was still a 6A room available. That lead me to think that they were sold out, so I paid extra for a cove balcony (Cat. 7C).

But then a few days after we booked, the last 6A on Deck 2 Aft was gone, and the 6M's in that section were released! My wife wanted to downgrade to a 6M. But first of all, I know Carnival doesn't allow that, and I doubt they would have allowed it even if we made the argument that it was Carnival's fault. Secondly, I'm excited about my first ever balcony.

Does anyone know if Carnival intentionally blocks the 6L and 6M rooms, maybe in order to get people to book the harder to sell 6A's? Or is is a bug in their system? Anyone know a way around it, other than waiting for the last 6A to be sold?

This is a wonderful thread. Thank you for all the time and work it took to put together. If it won't be made a sticky I hope you find someone to put it on their cruise website.

And congrats on your first balcony! If you are like me, you will love it so much you may find it tough to cruise without one in the future.

This is a wonderful thread. Thank you for all the time and work it took to put together. If it won't be made a sticky I hope you find someone to put it on their cruise website.

Thank you. Again, does anyone want to volunteer to host it on their website?

Edited by mitsguy2001
Fixed quote

Can any one help me please? I booked room 8357 1A verandah deck for an upcoming cruise and confused about what type of room it is. Cruise site says upper/lower , but I ave heard otherwise too saying sometimes the sites are wrong. Had anyone stayed there or have pictures? Thank you.

Can any one help me please? I booked room 8357 1A verandah deck for an upcoming cruise and confused about what type of room it is. Cruise site says upper/lower , but I ave heard otherwise too saying sometimes the sites are wrong. Had anyone stayed there or have pictures? Thank you.

Do a search on this board for 8357. I can't guarantee anything since I've never been in that room (nor any room on the Glory), but the consensus seems to be that your room has 2 twin beds, which can be combined into a king.

According to what I read online, the following are the rooms that have an oceanview that is obstructed by the "gondola", which is used to clean windows on the ship:

Destiny / Sunshine: 2318, 2319 (Cat. 6B)

Triumph Class: 2428, 2429 (Cat. 6B)

Conquest Class / Splendor: 2446, 2449 (Cat. 6B)

Dream: 1432, 1447 (Cat. 6L); 2448, 2473 (Cat. 6M)

Magic / Breeze: 1440, 1459 (Cat. 6L); 2448, 2473 (Cat. 6M)

Since there are no discounts for those rooms, I would think that you'd want to avoid those rooms, unless they are the last room available in the category that you want.

I don't see any listed for Fantasy Class or Spirit Class ships. Do they not have gondolas?

Also, on the Dream Class ships (Dream, Magic, and Breeze), the Junior Suites (9205 and 9206) are listed as being obstructed due to a solid steel panel rail. It does not mention that for the junior suites on any other ship. Do only the Dream Class ships have obstructed Junior Suites?

Also, on the Dream only (not the Magic, Breeze, nor any other ship), rooms 6207 and 6208 (Cat. 8A) are also listed as being obstructed view balconies due to a solid steel panel rail. Are those not obstructed on the Magic, Breeze, or any other ships?

Note that, by definition, all Cat. 4J, 4K, 6S, 7A, 9A, and OB rooms have obstructed views and are not included in the above list.