Complete list of stateroom categories on each ship

mitsguy2001

• 4 months later...

An update: It appears that the aft-wraps on Deck 5 of the Sunshine will be Ocean Suites, Cat. OS, rather than Cat. 9C.

It also appears that the deck names on the Sunshine will be:

Deck 3: Lobby

Deck 4: Mezzanine

Deck 5: Promenade

Deck 9: Lido

Deck 10: Spa & Waterworks

Deck 11: Serenity and SportsSquare

Deck 14: Serenity

I assume all other decks will keep their Destiny name, but may not be used on the elevator buttons.

One thing I wonder about is, why are most of the suites on the Dream Class ships on Deck 7, rather than a higher deck? The consensus seems to be that Deck 7 has lousy views due to the lanai on Deck 5. I can understand not having the suites on Deck 9 (the Lido deck is above), but I wonder why they aren't on Deck 8. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

A few things I'm just curious about:

1. Why is it that no ships have any Category 2 or 3? All ships have a Category 1A, and then the next numbered category is 4A? Do any longtime Carnival cruisers remember if maybe the older ships had a Category 2 or 3 which no longer exists? Or is Category 2 or 3 a designation that was retired, like 5A?

2. How did the decks get their names? It seems strange that the "Main Deck" would be a low, stateroom-only deck. You would think the "Main Deck" would be the one with the lobby. Also, why is it that the "Upper Deck" is only about half way up the ship?

Just curious, no big deal.

A while ago, on another thread, I posted a list of stateroom categories on each ship. I decided to update it to include the Sunshine. Assuming that everything is correct, can a moderator make this post sticky, since it can be useful for people new to Carnival. I didn't go into detail as to the location of each category, since that would vary for each class of ships. If there is interest in that, maybe someone can post that for each ship class. Note that not every ship necessarily has the entire range of letters.

1A: Upper / Lower - All Ships

NO: Night Owl - Destiny (Will become 4E when it becomes the Sunshine)

PT: Porthole - All except Spirit Class

2 - 3: Not used

4A - 4I: Inside - All Ships

4J: Interior with Picture Window (Obstructed) - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

4K Interior with French Doors or Picture Window (Obstructed) - French Doors on the Spirit Class, Picture Window on the Sunshine

4L - 4R: Not used

4S: Spa Inside - Splendor, Dream Class, Sunshine

5: No longer used - Now designated PT

6A - 6E: Oceanview - All ships

6F - 6I: Not used

6J: Scenic Oceanview - Valor, Sunshine

6K: Scenic Grand Oceanview - Valor, Sunshine

6L - 6M: Deluxe Oceanview - Dream Class

6N: Deluxe Oceanview for 5 passengers - Dream Class

6O - 6R: Not used

6S: Spa Oceanview (Obstructed) - Splendor, Dream Class

7A: Obstructed Balcony - Spirit Class

7B: Not used

7C: Cove Balcony - Dream Class

8A - 8G: Balcony - Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Spirit Class, Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

8H - 8I: Not used

8J - 8K: Extended Balcony - Spirit Class

8L: Not used

8M - 8N: Aft View Extended Balcony - Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

8O: Not used

8P: Spa Balcony - Splendor, Dream Class

8Q - 8R: Not used

8S - 8T: Spa Balcony - Splendor, Dream Class, Sunshine

9A: Preimum Balcony (Obstructed) - Spirit Class

9B: Premium Balcony - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor

9C: Premium Vista Balcony - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

OB: Obstructed View Suite - Fantasy Class

JS: Junior Suite - Spirit Class, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

SS: Spa Suite - Splendor, Dream Class, Sunshine

VS: Vista Suite - Spirit Class

GS: Grand Suite - All Ships

ES: Extended Balcony Grand Suite - Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination

PH: Owner's Suite - Fantasy Class except Elation and Paradise (Can't be booked directly)

CS: Captain's Suite - Valor, Liberty, Sunshine

I would like this to be a sticky as well. It's great information and I was looking for this especially for the Carnival Sunshine. Thank you.

You're welcome. Again, that is why it should be made sticky, since anyone coming to the board in the future won't know to find this thread.

You can contact them by hitting the report button on upper right, the triangle used to report posts and request there.

.. please not a sticky.

If someone cannot look at what categories are .. like go to cruisedeckplans.com and look .. they should not be allowed to book a cruise.

this is good info .. but I really dont think it warrants being a sticky. People are interested in one ship usually .. and then they dig down to categories. Most of us know the categories and know what we want to book and if someone is confused .. we can sort it out on a thread.

There are many people on CC that barely know how to use the internet not amind go on deckplans etc.

OP what a great post. Thankyou for taking the time

If someone cannot look at what categories are .. they should not be allowed to book a cruise.

Firefly from what I read throughout this board, you are a wealth of information. But I do have to say the above quote, as a new cruiser to Carnival, I'm taken aback by and truthfully quite insulted.

I do find Carnival's cabin categories quite confusing even after using their website and cruisedeckplans. It did take me hours to figure out which particular category I was looking to book and therefore IF I choose to sail Carnival again (assuming I love this cruise as much as the others I have taken), I believe as a new cruiser to Carnival I will find this thread quite helpful. So @OP thank you.

I have bookmarked this thread so I can refer to it and sort through the descrepancies you list when I have more time. That way as a new cruiser I will not have to take hours searching to figure out which category is best for us. And therefore I will be educated and in your eyes "be allowed to book a cruise". :rolleyes:

Edited by che5904

A while ago, on another thread, I posted a list of stateroom categories on each ship. I decided to update it to include the Sunshine. Assuming that everything is correct, can a moderator make this post sticky, since it can be useful for people new to Carnival. I didn't go into detail as to the location of each category, since that would vary for each class of ships. If there is interest in that, maybe someone can post that for each ship class. Note that not every ship necessarily has the entire range of letters.

4J: Interior with Picture Window (Obstructed) - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

4K Interior with French Doors or Picture Window (Obstructed) - French Doors on the Spirit Class, Picture Window on the Sunshine

8A - 8G: Balcony - Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Spirit Class, Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

8M - 8N: Aft View Extended Balcony - Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

9B: Premium Balcony - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor

9C: Premium Vista Balcony - Destiny / Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

JS: Junior Suite - Spirit Class, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

PH: Owner's Suite - Fantasy Class except Elation and Paradise (Can't be booked directly)

thanks for the information

• 11 months later...

Regarding the 6M not available until 6As are all booked... perhaps 6M are reserved for a specific high-volume travel agency, partnership with an online broker, or used by promotions teams for special offers, group tours, etc.?

That is, once any/all of those partners have declined their use, the cabins become available for general bookings?

When I'm watching for price drops or upgrade opportunities, I often see blocks of cabins appear and disappear.

Thanks so much for this info. Saving for future reference.

This list was made up by mitsguy over a couple years ago, so I have updated a few of the categories here, as some things have changed. Some rooms got renovated into higher category rooms, and the 4Ks on Sunshine never came about, as they were given the 4J label after all.

1A: Upper / Lower - All Ships (some will have a sofa bed instead of an upper bunk, some have the 2 twins/king, some have portholes, some have 2 picture windows)

NO: Night Owl - Destiny (Became 4E when it became the Sunshine)

4J: Interior with Picture Window (Obstructed) - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

4K Interior with French Doors (Obstructed) - French Doors on the Spirit Class

6J: Scenic Oceanview - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine

6K: Scenic Grand Oceanview - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine

9B: Premium Balcony - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor

9C: Premium Vista Balcony - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

CS: Captain's Suite - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Liberty, Sunshine

Edited by k2excursion

My wife and I are going to the bahams next march is that a good room

Whether it's a good room or not is subjective. For people who book balconies & suites all the time, they would think your room is absolutely horrible. For people who cruise cheap interiors, they would think it's a good room. This list was made to help people understand what the categories mean, and on what ships you can find them.

Your room is in the very front of the ship on deck 7, with a picture window looking out to a public observation deck. That deck is open to anyone, but it is not heavily used. At night, keep the shades closed, or people will be able to see into your room. Alot of people who stay in these rooms like to think of that deck as a shared huge balcony, overlooking the front of the ship. No sofa in the room, and because it is in the very front of the ship, it can experience more motion than midship rooms.

• 2 months later...
This list was made up by mitsguy over a couple years ago, so I have updated a few of the categories here, as some things have changed. Some rooms got renovated into higher category rooms, and the 4Ks on Sunshine never came about, as they were given the 4J label after all.

1A: Upper / Lower - All Ships (some will have a sofa bed instead of an upper bunk, some have the 2 twins/king, some have portholes, some have 2 picture windows)

NO: Night Owl - Destiny (Became 4E when it became the Sunshine)

4J: Interior with Picture Window (Obstructed) - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

4K Interior with French Doors (Obstructed) - French Doors on the Spirit Class

6J: Scenic Oceanview - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine

6K: Scenic Grand Oceanview - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine

9B: Premium Balcony - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor

9C: Premium Vista Balcony - Sunshine, Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor, Dream Class

CS: Captain's Suite - Valor, Glory, Conquest, Liberty, Sunshine

Thank you for the update. Which rooms have been upgraded?

Thank you for the update. Which rooms have been upgraded?

The scenic OV rooms on deck 9 (category 6J & 6K) and the Captains Suites (CS) got added to a few more ships since you made the original list. They have been added to Glory, Conquest, & Freedom. By the way, I don't have Freedom on that list, since that hadn't been done yet when I made that post. The rooms used to be 4Js in those spots, but 4Js do still exist on other floors of these ships.

The scenic OV rooms on deck 9 (category 6J & 6K) and the Captains Suites (CS) got added to a few more ships since you made the original list. They have been added to Glory, Conquest, & Freedom. By the way, I don't have Freedom on that list, since that hadn't been done yet when I made that post. The rooms used to be 4Js in those spots, but 4Js do still exist on other floors of these ships.

It sounds like now all of the Conquest class ships have the Captain's Suites (CS), and the only Conquest class ship not to have the Scenic Oceanview (Cat. 6J and 6K) is the Liberty. Am I correct? Thanks.