Complete list of stateroom categories on each ship

mitsguy2001

One unfortunate quirk that I should mention is that on the Dream Class ships, Carnival will not allow you to book a Cat. 6L or 6M Deluxe Oceanview if there are still Cat. 6A rooms available in the section of the ship that you select.

I had originally wanted an Oceanview on the Magic. I didn't want Deck 1 (no way to know what is below) or on Deck 2 Forward (below the theater), so that left Deck 2 Aft. It would not let me pick a 6M room on Deck 2 Aft since there was still a 6A room available. That lead me to think that they were sold out, so I paid extra for a cove balcony (Cat. 7C).

But then a few days after we booked, the last 6A on Deck 2 Aft was gone, and the 6M's in that section were released! My wife wanted to downgrade to a 6M. But first of all, I know Carnival doesn't allow that, and I doubt they would have allowed it even if we made the argument that it was Carnival's fault. Secondly, I'm excited about my first ever balcony.

Does anyone know if Carnival intentionally blocks the 6L and 6M rooms, maybe in order to get people to book the harder to sell 6A's? Or is is a bug in their system? Anyone know a way around it, other than waiting for the last 6A to be sold?

From reading another thread, it seems that Carnival is now also blocking the cove balconies (Cat. 7C) for new sailings. So it seems that Carnival blocks popular categories (such as 6M and 7C) in order to try to sell less popular categories (such as 6A and 8A). I personally think that is very dishonest, and it penalizes people who want to book early. Is there any way that people can get around it? If Carnival is having so much trouble selling 6A's and 8A's that they have to resort to dishonest techniques to sell them, maybe they need to just lower the prices of those categories!

From reading another thread, it seems that Carnival is now also blocking the cove balconies (Cat. 7C) for new sailings. So it seems that Carnival blocks popular categories (such as 6M and 7C) in order to try to sell less popular categories (such as 6A and 8A). I personally think that is very dishonest, and it penalizes people who want to book early. Is there any way that people can get around it? If Carnival is having so much trouble selling 6A's and 8A's that they have to resort to dishonest techniques to sell them, maybe they need to just lower the prices of those categories!

Wow, I've seen where they have "not available" for the coves when trying to book online, but are they also saying no if you call and try to book? I'd think if you told them to kick rocks and you're not gonna book, that they'd bend over backwards to get the cabin category if it truly was still available.

We often book the oceanview cabins on the curve on deck two on the Conquest class, as well as the Destiny, Triumph and Victory. They were very big with two big OV windows and the cabin itself was huge. They go for the same price as an OV cabin.

We booked the Sunshine TA as soon as it opened for booking and these cabins were available. The change is that on the Sunshine, these OV cabins will now be handicap we are told. We decided not to book them, because they will have the same rules as other handicap cabins - you can book them but will be booted out if someone needs a handicap cabin.

We have no problem with these being changed but it is a change from previous ship designs. It is something to be aware of. We booked another cabin as we didn't want to be booted out in the future.

Wow, I've seen where they have "not available" for the coves when trying to book online, but are they also saying no if you call and try to book? I'd think if you told them to kick rocks and you're not gonna book, that they'd bend over backwards to get the cabin category if it truly was still available.

I don't know. Has anyone tried to call? It's moot for me, since I'm already booked in a cove balcony (before they started blocking them). I didn't try to hard to ask about the deluxe oceanview, since I was geared up to have my first balcony by the time I called.

It occurred to me that many of the people who would find this list to be of interest, especially people new to Carnival, might not know what the different ship classes that I referenced were. Each class is:

Fantasy Class: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise

Destiny: is in its own class, and will soon be upgraded to the Sunshine

Triumph Class: Triumph, Victory

Spirit Class: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle

Conquest Class: Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom

Splendor: is in its own class

Dream Class: Dream, Magic, Breeze

Thanks for posting. I've been looking for a quick reference list like this!

One unfortunate quirk that I should mention is that on the Dream Class ships, Carnival will not allow you to book a Cat. 6L or 6M Deluxe Oceanview if there are still Cat. 6A rooms available in the section of the ship that you select.

I had originally wanted an Oceanview on the Magic. I didn't want Deck 1 (no way to know what is below) or on Deck 2 Forward (below the theater), so that left Deck 2 Aft. It would not let me pick a 6M room on Deck 2 Aft since there was still a 6A room available. That lead me to think that they were sold out, so I paid extra for a cove balcony (Cat. 7C).

But then a few days after we booked, the last 6A on Deck 2 Aft was gone, and the 6M's in that section were released! My wife wanted to downgrade to a 6M. But first of all, I know Carnival doesn't allow that, and I doubt they would have allowed it even if we made the argument that it was Carnival's fault. Secondly, I'm excited about my first ever balcony.

Does anyone know if Carnival intentionally blocks the 6L and 6M rooms, maybe in order to get people to book the harder to sell 6A's? Or is is a bug in their system? Anyone know a way around it, other than waiting for the last 6A to be sold?

I have noticed when "fake booking" - to check prices - when you get to the

part where you select your room, Carnival gives you about 8-10 rooms to choose from. If the category covers multiple decks, you are usually given

only the option of choosing from a set of rooms on 1 deck. Is it possible that the 6M's on deck 2 are not shown as available until the 6M's on deck 1 are exhausted or near to being exhausted? It may also be possible - as suggested previously - that by calling Carnival directly you could have booked a 6M on deck 2.

Whenever I book, I have the Carnival "fake booking" up for room selection.

My TA seems to see the same rooms available as I see on Carnival.

I don't know. Has anyone tried to call? It's moot for me, since I'm already booked in a cove balcony (before they started blocking them). I didn't try to hard to ask about the deluxe oceanview, since I was geared up to have my first balcony by the time I called.

I noticed with mock booking that the coves (and spa9 and premium vista) are un-available under past guest rate, but available both under the regular fun-select and ES for January to April 2014 selected dates. Might just be they are holding off adding these categories to the PG rates to first get the "locked in-can't cancel" under ES or higher fare under fun-select.

I have noticed when "fake booking" - to check prices - when you get to the

part where you select your room, Carnival gives you about 8-10 rooms to choose from. If the category covers multiple decks, you are usually given

only the option of choosing from a set of rooms on 1 deck. Is it possible that the 6M's on deck 2 are not shown as available until the 6M's on deck 1 are exhausted or near to being exhausted? It may also be possible - as suggested previously - that by calling Carnival directly you could have booked a 6M on deck 2.

Whenever I book, I have the Carnival "fake booking" up for room selection.

My TA seems to see the same rooms available as I see on Carnival.

From my experience, Carnival does let you choose the section of the ship and the deck that you want. You are right that it only gives 8-10 rooms to choose from in each section and deck. The issue is that in a given section of the ship, it does not allow you to book a 6L or 6M if a 6A is still available in that section. It would have, however, allowed me to book one of the 6M's that was obstructed by the gondola, if I chose Obstructed view. Again, it is not clear whether this is intentional (to try to get rid of the hard to sell 6A's) or a bug in their system. But it is very unfair to people who book early.

When booking the cruise, I didn't push too hard about the 6M rooms, since, honestly, I was excited about my first balcony. Maybe if I had pushed harder, and maybe asked to talk to a supervisor, they may have given in and let me booked a 6M. Honestly, the people that we talk to on the phone probably do not have the power to override the system, nor do they likely know the difference between a 6A or a 6M.

In the future, if you really want a 6M on Deck 2 Aft (I don't want Deck 1, and I do not want Deck 2 forward below the theater, so that leaves Deck 2 Aft), it seems the thing to do is to keep checking until all of the 6A's are gone, and then immediately book the 6M of your choice. Since nobody else would have been able to book the 6M's, there is no chance that they will be sold out.

Here is another crazy idea I thought of. If there is only one 6A or a very small number of 6A's available, and it is far enough from the cruise date that you can get a full refund, can someone have relatives or friends all book the remaining 6A's. And then with no 6A's remaining, the 6M's will be released. So you book the 6M of your choice. And then have your friends and relatives all cancel, and get a full refund, while you get to keep your 6M. Is there anything to stop you from doing that? Does that violate any of Carnival's policies? Does anyone see any moral issues with that?

I noticed with mock booking that the coves (and spa9 and premium vista) are un-available under past guest rate, but available both under the regular fun-select and ES for January to April 2014 selected dates. Might just be they are holding off adding these categories to the PG rates to first get the "locked in-can't cancel" under ES or higher fare under fun-select.

That actually makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the deck plans don't show what is below Deck 1, but many people here know, either based on being in Deck 1 rooms or by being on the Behind The Fun tour, someone should post what parts of Deck 1 should be avoided due to noise on each class of ship. Please don't say "all of Deck 1" is quiet, since we know that isn't true (there is a crew bar below Deck 1 which is noisy).

I decided to also post the deck names for each class of ship. Many people refer to the decks by their name, so it might be a useful resource to post them:

Fantasy Class:

Deck 4: Riviera Deck

Deck 5: Main Deck

Deck 6: Upper Deck

Deck 7: Empress Deck

Deck 8: Atlantic Deck

Deck 9: Promenade Deck

Deck 10: Lido Deck

Deck 11: Verandah Deck

Deck 12: Sports Deck

Deck 14: Sun Deck

Spirit Class:

Deck 1: Riviera Deck

Deck 2: Promenade Deck

Deck 3: Atlantic Deck

Deck 4: Main Deck

Deck 5: Upper Deck

Deck 6: Empress Deck

Deck 7: Verandah Deck

Deck 8: Panorama Deck

Deck 9: Lido Deck

Deck 10: Sun Deck

Deck 11: Sports Deck

Deck 12: Sky Deck

Destiny:

Deck 2: Main Deck

Deck 3: Lobby Deck

Deck 4: Atlantic Deck

Deck 5: Promenade Deck

Deck 8: Verandah Deck

Deck 10: Spa Deck

Deck 11: Sun Deck

It appears that the Sunshine will keep the same deck names as the Destiny. But I have no idea what the name of Deck 14 will become. Serenity Deck would make the most sense.

Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor:

Deck 10: Panorama Deck

Deck 11: Spa Deck

Deck 12: Sun Deck

Deck 14: Sky Deck

Dream Class:

Deck 9: Vista Deck

Deck 11: Panorama Deck

Deck 12: Spa Deck

Deck 15: Sky Deck

I decided to also post the deck names for each class of ship. Many people refer to the decks by their name, so it might be a useful resource to post them:

Fantasy Class:

Deck 4: Riviera Deck

Deck 5: Main Deck

Deck 8: Atlantic Deck

Deck 9: Promenade Deck

Deck 11: Verandah Deck

Deck 12: Sports Deck

Spirit Class:

Deck 2: Promenade Deck

Deck 3: Atlantic Deck

Deck 4: Main Deck

Deck 5: Upper Deck

Deck 6: Empress Deck

Deck 7: Verandah Deck

Deck 8: Panorama Deck

Deck 10: Sun Deck

Deck 11: Sports Deck

Destiny:

Deck 10: Spa Deck

Deck 11: Sun Deck

It appears that the Sunshine will keep the same deck names as the Destiny. But I have no idea what the name of Deck 14 will become. Serenity Deck would make the most sense.

Triumph Class, Conquest Class, Splendor:

Deck 10: Panorama Deck

Deck 11: Spa Deck

Deck 12: Sun Deck

Deck 14: Sky Deck

Dream Class:

Wow-thanks!!!!

• 2 months later...
I decided to also post the deck names for Dream Class:

By the way, on the Magic, the elevator buttons and the deck plans only use names for a few decks, and even then, not always the same name as what I listed above:

Deck 3: Lobby

Deck 4: Mezzanine

Deck 5: Promenade

Deck 10: Lido

Deck 12: Spa and Sports

Deck 15: Serenity

Is this the case on the Dream and Breeze too? What about any other ships? I'm guessing that Carnival is trying to get away from deck names. But, last I checked, when booking a stateroom, it still used the names I originally listed for Decks 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (which didn't change), 11, and 12 (which barely changed), even if those names are not used on the actual ship.

Here is another crazy idea I thought of. If there is only one 6A or a very small number of 6A's available, and it is far enough from the cruise date that you can get a full refund, can someone have relatives or friends all book the remaining 6A's. And then with no 6A's remaining, the 6M's will be released. So you book the 6M of your choice. And then have your friends and relatives all cancel, and get a full refund, while you get to keep your 6M. Is there anything to stop you from doing that? Does that violate any of Carnival's policies? Does anyone see any moral issues with that?

When you go through the booking process it reaches a point where it 'locks' the room selected while you complete the sale. So couldn't you just lock up the last 6A rooms temporarily to get the 6M rooms to appear without actually having to purchase and then cancel them?

I haven't tried this btw, just a suggestion. :)

When you go through the booking process it reaches a point where it 'locks' the room selected while you complete the sale. So couldn't you just lock up the last 6A rooms temporarily to get the 6M rooms to appear without actually having to purchase and then cancel them?

I haven't tried this btw, just a suggestion. :)

That might be an idea, if you can get enough windows up at the same time in order to lock every remaining 6A room.

What I still wonder is, is this an honest error in Carnival's booking system, or is it their way to sell the less popular 6A's while still keeping the more popular 6M's open?

It occurred to me that many of the people who would find this list to be of interest, especially people new to Carnival, might not know what the different ship classes that I referenced were. Each class is:

Fantasy Class: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise

THANK YOU for this!!! I have been trying to find this info on the Carnival site without luck!!

Mitsguy2001, Very very helpful. thank you so much for a brief and straight to the point list that one can save and/or print out and use while checking out different ships for a cruise. Was very nicely done. Thank you for taking the time to do it on 0ne easy to read page !!!

Thanks! Lots of helpful info in this thread.

This is helpful for sure; especially if used with your origiinal list. Thanks! I had the old link and sometimes it will come up with ships/class...but lately it's been only the new link. Thanks! You'd think I'd have these memorized by now; but I don't. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Just updating this, with the recent upgrade to Conquest.

I'll do the Destiny, Triumph Class (Triumph and Victory), and Conquest Class (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom) together since they are basically the same.

1A: Upper / Lower: Scattered around the ship

NO: Night Owl: Destiny only, Deck 6 inside between midship and aft elevators. Will become 4E when the Destiny becomes the Sunshine

PT: Porthole, Far forward on Decks 1 and 2 (behind 1A rooms)

Inside (4A - 4H)

4A: Deck 1 Forward or Aft

4B: Deck 1 Midship; Deck 2 Forward or Aft

4C: Deck 2 Midship

4D: Deck 6 Forward or Aft

4E: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

4F: Deck 7 Midship; Deck 8 Forward or Aft

4G: Deck 8 Midship; Deck 9 Forward

4H: Deck 9 Midship; Deck 10 Forward (Triumph Class and Conquest Class only)

4J: Interior With Picture Window (Obstructed View): Facing forward on Decks 6, 7, 9, and 10 (Destiny on Decks 6 and 7 only; Valor and Conquest on Decks 6, 7, and 10 only)

Oceanview (6A - 6C)

6A: Deck 1 Forward or Aft

6B: Deck 1 Midship; Deck 2 Forward or Aft

6C: Deck 2 Midship

Scenic Oceanview (6J - 6K)

Deck 9 Facing forward on Valor and Conquest only. 6K rooms look bigger

Balcony (8A - 8F)

8A: Deck 6 Forward or Aft

8B: Deck 6 Midship; Deck 7 Forward or Aft

8C: Deck 7 Midship; Deck 8 Forward or Aft

8D: Deck 8 Midship; Deck 9 Forward

8E: Deck 9 Midship; Deck 10 Forward

8F: Deck 10 Midship, Deck 11 Forward (Triumph Class and Conquest Class only)

Aft View Extended Balcony (8M - 8N)

8M: Decks 6 and 7 facing Aft

8N: Deck 8 facing Aft

9B: Premium Balcony: Deck 8 Aft

9C: Premium Vista Balcony: Aft Wrap on Decks 6, 7, and 8

Suites

JS: Junior Suite: Deck 9 Forward (Triumph Class and Conquest Class only)

GS: Grand Suite: Deck 7

CS: Captain's Suite: Deck 9 Forward (Valor, Conquest and Liberty only)

Thanks so much. This information is awesome. I've cut and pasted it into a document to save in case it isn't made a sticky - I think it should be since it is great to have it all in one spot. While choosing cabins for our upcoming cruise it was a huge PITA to flip back and forth from one site to 2 or 3 other sites trying to get all the decks/categories and room descriptions straight.