Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Hi have read on Joff's Facebook page that he is back on June 16th sailing. My sailing! Is that good news? Not met Joff before?

Excellent info! I will include it on the list the next time I update (don't want to repost the list multiple times in a day! lol)

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th through September 2nd.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair until May 3rd, then Carly Boileau for May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil (need dates)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *due to take a break soon (needs verification)

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *started 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17 (verified)

Splendour OTS - João Pereira (need dates)

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (need dates)

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Currently unassigned (or on break, but do not have info regarding his/her return): Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass

Got an email from Carly today. Her contract has been changed. Instead of doing Enchantment for May and June she will be taking Mariner to Europe. She didn't mention how long she would be on it other than she was looking forward to the itenerary. Don't know if this means 2 or 4 months (or something in between). Also don't know who will fill in on Enchantment for May and June (since John Blair seems to be on a regular 4 month on 2 month off schedule). She sounded happy so I'm glad for her. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing her on Enchantment.

Hi have read on Joff's Facebook page that he is back on June 16th sailing. My sailing! Is that good news? Not met Joff before?

I'd consider it to be excellent news. Joff was our CD on a Jewel of the Seas westbound TA a few years back and quickly made my list of top RCI cruise directors. I think you will fully enjoy him.:)

I talked to Dennis yesterday and he will be leaving the Jewel "sometime in May" but he said he doesn't have the exact date yet. He's been on one ship or another without a break since October (two back to back contracts) so after he leaves the Jewel he will get an extra long vacation.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th through September 2nd.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair (until May 3rd?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil (need dates)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; he is taking an extra long break (because he's had back-to-back contracts since October) beginning "sometime in May" (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *Carly Boileau beginning with the TA to Europe

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *started 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Currently unassigned (or on break, but do not have info regarding his/her return): Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass

Has anyone cruised with Leigh Xuereb? What is she like?

He was CD on a short cruise I was on earlier this year. On short cruises I don't usually get involved where I would come into contact with CDs, so the positives don't get reinforced but the negatives sure stay with me.

I have no specific memory of him. That normally means more positive than negative, pleasant but not remarkable.

I guess I'll have to pay more attention to him over the next 4 weeks when I'm on SR. :eek:

:):)We've had both Carley and Dan and they are both terrific - Carley always knew who was going to be performing on the ship and was a fun lady to be around - she always says hi and takes time to make you feel comfortable.

We had a special lunch with Dan and he was also terrific - a lot of people aren't keen on him but we thought he was just great and very friendly to everyone - like one of the guys

:):)We've had both Carley and Dan and they are both terrific - Carley always knew who was going to be performing on the ship and was a fun lady to be around - she always says hi and takes time to make you feel comfortable.

We had a special lunch with Dan and he was also terrific - a lot of people aren't keen on him but we thought he was just great and very friendly to everyone - like one of the guys

Bernice - I totally agree with you. I could not have said it better :-)

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there (need dates)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair (until May 3rd?) (who will be the next CD?)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September (who will be CD during Rico's break?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; beginning "sometime in May", he is taking an extra long break because he's had back-to-back contracts since October. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *Carly Boileau beginning with the TA to Europe

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there

Archived